[Released] 3D Letters Wizard [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

Granville said:

I'm not able to get the letters to take a base color map. I can color it with the color, but the texture map doesn't appear. Is that expected behavior?

Right now, it is expected behavior. smiley  We are investigating and will fix this.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

I'm super happy with this new render. Again with ultrascatter on the letters

April Sakura.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Granville said:

I'm super happy with this new render. Again with ultrascatter on the letters

I really like this one too!  Well done!

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

I have an issue with the Wizard. Instead of the text, it shows just the unknown character. I have used the default text, and tried all of the avilable fonts. Same result. Seems the script cannot locate the character props. Just a row of squares. I have attached the log file

txt
    txt
    logfile.txt

Hmmm.  Was it working before?  Are the letters in Lowercase, Numbers, Special, and Uppercase folders of /Volumes/DAZ Network Library/Props/RiverSoft Art/3D Letters Wizard/Fonts/Gothic? i.e.,

/Volumes/DAZ Network Library/Props/RiverSoft Art/3D Letters Wizard/Fonts/Gothic/Uppercase/H.duf

/Volumes/DAZ Network Library/Props/RiverSoft Art/3D Letters Wizard/Fonts/Gothic/Lowercase/o.duf

/Volumes/DAZ Network Library/Props/RiverSoft Art/3D Letters Wizard/Fonts/Gothic/Lowercase/l.duf

[...]

Can you load the props normally?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited May 2023

The letter props are existing and can be loaded via smart content without any issues. My assumption is that the way the files are located has an issue with a network drive mounted via a symbolic link (my sahred network library path is "Daz default", i.e. for Mac it is /Users/Shared/My Daz 3D Library, which the script resolves to /Volumes/DAZ Network Library. However, the letter props path within DS (shown in SmartContent) is still /Users/Shared/My Daz 3D Library/Props/RiverSoft Art/3D Letters Wizard/Fonts/Gothic/Lowercase/l.duf The interesting thing is that the Unknown Character DUF file is correctly loaded, from that very same path.

Changing the setup to add the network drive directly, and removing the symbolic link, shows the network path als file paths to each of the letter props. Howwever, the script itself still does not work as it should. 

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

The letter props are existing and can be loaded via smart content without any issues. My assumption is that the way the files are located has an issue with a network drive mounted via a symbolic link (my sahred network library path is "Daz default", i.e. for Mac it is /Users/Shared/My Daz 3D Library, which the script resolves to /Volumes/DAZ Network Library. However, the letter props path within DS (shown in SmartContent) is still /Users/Shared/My Daz 3D Library/Props/RiverSoft Art/3D Letters Wizard/Fonts/Gothic/Lowercase/l.duf The interesting thing is that the Unknown Character DUF file is correctly loaded, from that very same path.

Changing the setup to add the network drive directly, and removing the symbolic link, shows the network path als file paths to each of the letter props. Howwever, the script itself still does not work as it should. 

I know network shares have messed up my scripts before, so that is probably it.  I also had noticed that the script found the unknown character.  The same code is used to find the other letters though.

I will put together a version with much more debug information and message you.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

I'm also getting the Unknown Character problem on the Mac

(Do the the file upload problem on ther forums i've added links for my Daz Log File & Screenshot)

Log File

Screenshot

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I know network shares have messed up my scripts before, so that is probably it.  I also had noticed that the script found the unknown character.  The same code is used to find the other letters though.

I'm also having this issue on the Mac, has there been any update on how to fix this 

• Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I'm also having this issue on the Mac, has there been any update on how to fix this 

No update yet.  

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

No update yet.  

Thank you 

• Submitted update today

• Fixed Issue running on the Mac