Male and Female Anatomical Elements maps for G9 - Which Figures Have Them?

2»

Comments

• leo04leo04 Posts: 320

Is there any program or addon or some way to make Gens UV maps for the new anatomical elements that are available for Genesis 9?  I have always had this problem because I make custom skins for some of my characters using Skin Builders, which do not address this issue.  Seems that if someone were to make a utlity that could take an existing or custom skin and make a gens map, for either gender, they might make a tidy sum on it.

Just thinking out load on that.

If anyone does know of a process or some program or utility that is available please let me know.  (Privately, I don't think anyone is permitted to endorse or recommend stuff in the open here). By the way please keep it simple, I don't have things like Adobe, (costs to much).  I do have the CorelDraw suite, and I have been using that for years.

Thanks.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,474

my characters all wear pants so no textures needed. Keeps life simple. 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,751

leo04 said:

Is there any program or addon or some way to make Gens UV maps for the new anatomical elements that are available for Genesis 9?  I have always had this problem because I make custom skins for some of my characters using Skin Builders, which do not address this issue.  Seems that if someone were to make a utlity that could take an existing or custom skin and make a gens map, for either gender, they might make a tidy sum on it.

If anyone does know of a process or some program or utility that is available please let me know.  (Privately, I don't think anyone is permitted to endorse or recommend stuff in the open here). By the way please keep it simple, I don't have things like Adobe, (costs to much).  I do have the CorelDraw suite, and I have been using that for years.

Thanks.

I made some freebies when they was new, where the anatomical elements uses the body materials.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598936/alternativ-uv-map-for-g9-female-anatomical-elements

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601056/alternativ-uv-map-for-g9-male-anatomical-elements

Works best for females as the gens better match the body area, but still useable for men, they just have much less texture resolution on some parts.

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112
    edited March 19

leo04 said:

Thanks.

You can use the custom UV map mentionned above, or, for female gens (does not create male anatomy) you can do this to create the maps - no extras required :

1) Go in the Map Transfer utility from the surfaces tab

2) Create a Template (right-click the templates section) and drag the Body from the right pane onto the new template and

3) Pick Genital Map Bake

4) Might vary, but for me the textures are output on %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\textureConvert

Screenshot 2024-03-19 143959.png
    308 x 341 - 18K
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 144030.png
    823 x 793 - 57K
    Post edited by franky85 on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 577
    edited March 19

sidneybrown said:

FSMCDesigns said:

It's probably just the core DAZ characters that have both. I asked why PAs are not including both in another thread and was told  that it was too much work which i disagree with. Some PAs are not including any genital textures with their figures which keeps me from buying from them. I was actually interested in the last two genesis 9 characters from Kooki99, but there don't appear to be any genital textures, so they are useless for my projects.

I'm totally new to DAZ, but what I'm finding (lot's of $$$ later) is that even though the "parts" are painted on the texture, there's no mesh for them, is that the case with ALL DAZ models? If so, I'll just trade my time for the money spent and make my own.

For Genesis 9 anatomical elements geometry, you need Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Expansion. For previous generations of Genesis, you need the buy one of the Daz characters that come in a pro bundle.

Post edited by Quasar on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,267

sidneybrown said:

I'm totally new to DAZ, but what I'm finding (lot's of $$$ later) is that even though the "parts" are painted on the texture, there's no mesh for them, is that the case with ALL DAZ models? If so, I'll just trade my time for the money spent and make my own.

Genitals have never been part of the base figure. For Genesis 9, the geometry is in the Starter Essentials Expansion; in previous generations, one had to buy a pro bundle of an adult human (non-toon) figure to get gens.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,267

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well I myself am quite happy for my cisgender boys to wear makeup and dresses like they did right up to and during the Renaissance and Baroque periods before the Victorian age made every one boring AF

it's not even a gender or sexual orientation issue, it's people being able to express themselves without being confined to imposed cultural norms

It IS a gender issue, though, in the sense that makeup and dresses are outside of contemporary gender norms for men even though neither is intrinsically "feminine". That's the inherent problem with the construction of gender.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited March 19

PerttiA said:

If one has New Gens, one doesn't even have to wonder about textures as they are made on the fly when appying to the figure. If there only was as simple solution for the male gens.

There is a solution for male gens, It's also available on the adult site that I can't mention here. The vendor's name is Meipe. There are verions for G3M, G8M, and G9. Also versions for G3F and G8F, with a different name. All of them have a script that copies the skin texture to the gens geograft. I have several of them, and they work very well.

Post edited by riftwitch on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

Gordig said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well I myself am quite happy for my cisgender boys to wear makeup and dresses like they did right up to and during the Renaissance and Baroque periods before the Victorian age made every one boring AF

it's not even a gender or sexual orientation issue, it's people being able to express themselves without being confined to imposed cultural norms

It IS a gender issue, though, in the sense that makeup and dresses are outside of contemporary gender norms for men even though neither is intrinsically "feminine". That's the inherent problem with the construction of gender.

I want to say that I appreciate that both you, Gordig and WendyLuvsCatz, are using the terms, "sex" and "gender", correctly.  When i took my oral exam in grad school, my advisor's advisor was on my commitee; he brought along heis wife who was a noted sex researcher who studied an Central American population that had a late maturing testosterone receptor so that all children in the region were born "girls" and then differentiated into "boys" and "girls" at puberty.  Each child was given a feminine name at birth and renamed at puberty.  She then regailed us with a discussion about how the sex determination tests at the Olympics were doomed to failure (they have quietly given up the ghost and now use a hazy hormone standards system with its own problems of unscientific methodology). Everyone then launched into their favorite orals questions; my advisor always asks the candidate to name five women who had won Nobel prizes in the sciences