Male and Female Anatomical Elements maps for G9 - Which Figures Have Them?

jeff_someonejeff_someone Posts: 254
edited January 2023 in The Commons

Apologies if this has been asked before, but which G9 characters come with both male and female texture sets, including genitals? So far, only Victoria 9 and Minerva seem to have both sets.  Are there others I'm missing?

Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2023

Having a look through the G9 characters I have, there are also these three:

• Nikolai 9 HD
    • Ivar 9 HD
    • Michael 9 HD
    Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,569

It's probably just the core DAZ characters that have both. I asked why PAs are not including both in another thread and was told  that it was too much work which i disagree with. Some PAs are not including any genital textures with their figures which keeps me from buying from them. I was actually interested in the last two genesis 9 characters from Kooki99, but there don't appear to be any genital textures, so they are useless for my projects.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Well, I guess it does depend on what you need them for. A few of the other ones I have seem to have the elements for one gender but just not both. A few do not have any - although that is probably a good thing for the Teens and Teddy Bear.

• Thanks all for the responses.  It would be nice if PAs included both sets of gen textures...but I guess I understand why some don't.  

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Why would I give my girls a penis texture? What are you naughty people doing laugh

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

jeff_someone said:

Thanks all for the responses.  It would be nice if PAs included both sets of gen textures...but I guess I understand why some don't.  

that Rupert character has both. https://www.daz3d.com/rupert-hd-for-genesis-9

bluejaunte said:

Why would I give my girls a penis texture? What are you naughty people doing laugh

um are you suggesting girls cannot have penis.  careful, people have been cancelled for less. 

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138

It's probably just the core DAZ characters that have both. I asked why PAs are not including both in another thread and was told  that it was too much work which i disagree with. Some PAs are not including any genital textures with their figures which keeps me from buying from them. I was actually interested in the last two genesis 9 characters from Kooki99, but there don't appear to be any genital textures, so they are useless for my projects.

I cleared my cart today for the same reason. I like Hiroshi by Kooki99 but no anatomical element textures is a deal breaker for me.

bluejaunte said:

DAZ opened that door by making another unisex figure. In every game community I visit you would be surprised how pupular FUTA is. In VAM, a popular VR game that uses the DAZ G2 figures, FUTA figures are over half the creations that modders make

Then there are the users that use female textures on male figures which is easier now

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

Some of us want to use your character skins on boys too. That way, boys and girls are of similar visual style on our renders when they're hanging out together.

But then again, it seems using characters out of the box, as is, is way more common than dial-spinning our own custom characters with whatever we have available.

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

It would be nice if all artists were stating whether genital maps are included.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754

Most of my characters have Gen Maps...they are not that difficult to make.

I don't know why daz edited my "whats included" to not list that, but they are there and I have a ticket in to get that fixed

lilweep said:

bluejaunte said:

um are you suggesting girls cannot have penis.  careful, people have been cancelled for less. 

Just joking around really. I'm all for all combinations of... everything. Creating male gens would be a bit more work though, since I cannot just transfer from my torso texture.

MimicMolly said:

bluejaunte said:

Some of us want to use your character skins on boys too. That way, boys and girls are of similar visual style on our renders when they're hanging out together.

But then again, it seems using characters out of the box, as is, is way more common than dial-spinning our own custom characters with whatever we have available.

Aren't the nipples in the wrong place then?
  • bluejaunte said:

MimicMolly said:

bluejaunte said:

Aren't the nipples in the wrong place then?

DAZ's characters have separate chest materials for that reason....  DAZ does it right -- would be awesome if the PAs would also.   

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

If one has New Gens, one doesn't even have to wonder about textures as they are made on the fly when appying to the figure. If there only was as simple solution for the male gens.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027

Nathy and I collaborated ND Liloo for Genesis 9 which has maps for both genital options and Nipple Placement for both genders as well:

• Mousso is including the textures for the gender that the character represents

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

bluejaunte said:

By DAZland's new modus operandi there aren't really any "girls" (or boys..) available here, only persons with different degrees of Female and/or Male attributes. By not delivering them with all humanly possible anatomical element textures you are forcefully gendering them.  wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,840

well I myself am quite happy for my cisgender boys to wear makeup and dresses like they did right up to and during the Renaissance and Baroque periods before the Victorian age made every one boring AF

it's not even a gender or sexual orientation issue, it's people being able to express themselves without being confined to imposed cultural norms

RawArt said:

Most of my characters have Gen Maps...they are not that difficult to make.

I don't know why daz edited my "whats included" to not list that, but they are there and I have a ticket in to get that fixed

i find it difficult to transfer/project torso across the genitalia boundary.  There's always a lot of manual cleanup when doing this method.  When supporting two different genitalia grafts, the workload is doubled.

would be nice to hear your easy process. 

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754

on G9 where the gens connect, both male and female, the mapping is identical

• Fbluejaunte said:

Vulcan Demon Vampire Futanari.  MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

billyben_0077a25354 said:

Fbluejaunte said:

I regret googling that laugh

• PerttiA said:

If one has New Gens, one doesn't even have to wonder about textures as they are made on the fly when appying to the figure. If there only was as simple solution for the male gens.

There will be soon (under NDA at the moment).

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited January 2023

bluejaunte said:

Fbluejaunte said:

I regret googling that laugh

Yep, there are things on the interwebs that you can never unsee that will make you want to wash your eyes,,,

Now back on topic.  HID Lexy has both male and female skins and gens maps.

https://www.daz3d.com/hid-lexy-for-genesis-9

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
    edited January 2023

RawArt said:

on G9 where the gens connect, both male and female, the mapping is identical

ah okay, i guess that makes it easy for vendors to support both anatomical elements, if theyre already supporting one, especially if they just use merchant resource texture or something low effort. 

Post edited by lilweep on

Thanks for the info! HID characters don't really do much for me in terms of look or detail, but seeing they have both textures is a reason for me to try and support them.

• FSMCDesigns said:

Thanks for the info! HID characters don't really do much for me in terms of look or detail, but seeing they have both textures is a reason for me to try and support them.

Yep that little addition earned them a 'buy' for me.  Thx for the info. 

• FSMCDesigns said:

I'm totally new to DAZ, but what I'm finding (lot's of $$$ later) is that even though the "parts" are painted on the texture, there's no mesh for them, is that the case with ALL DAZ models? If so, I'll just trade my time for the money spent and make my own.