Magic Celebration

junkjunk Posts: 1,226

tkdrobert started Sci-Fi Celebration quite some time ago so that people can post their sci-fi related renders.  I personally LOVE that forum for posting sci-fi related items but my search for "Magic Celebration" didn't reveal anything. 

So with that in mind I created "Magic Celebration" so that anyone can post "Magic" based items.  All are welcome and encouraged to upload!

Comments

• junkjunk Posts: 1,226
    edited January 2023

I'll go first!  smiley

Wizard of Oz - BOOKS!
    Wizard of Oz-BOOKS!
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

I've been on a kick to recreate parts of "The WIzard of Oz" but with a more modern feel to it.  This particular image falls more into "magic" than the "Sci-fi" vibe I was utilizing and posting in tkdroberts forum so I'm posting here instead.  Quick story is in the link above if interested but basically these are the Wizards books locked away and now are free thanks to the Scarecrow.

Post edited by junk on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,114

I have less to contribute to this thread than I thought I would, but that would also depend on how broad a definition of "magic" you're allowing. Most of my renders involve fantastical creatures or other fantasy elements in some way or another.

Fading - one of the first renders I ever posted

My Cabbages!

Midas Touch

Sideways

The Drop (the dwarf mage is exhaling cigarette smoke shaped like a dragon, in case that's unclear)

Upper Hand

Mana Fist

In Training

Aladdin

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

how about animations

WendyLuvsCatz said:

how about animations

In that case:

edited January 2023

Wow those are fantastic! Animations and renders! *Applause* 

Keep them coming!

Post edited by junk on
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 520
    edited January 2023

Thank you @junk for this thread and all the others for their renders smiley

For the assets used, see it in my gallery.

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

• csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited January 2023

Nice!

Great idea, junk, for starting this thread! The images shared above have been very impressive. smiley

So here's my contribution. D&D was my first motive for getting into Daz. I needed art to hand out to my players. This image here is one of the last I made, illustrating the high point of a long adventure, right after the party kicked ass and sent the antagonist to the afterlife.

That was more than two years ago. Nowadays I'm busy exploring non-photorealistic styles. In hindsight I find myself motivated whenever I have to create an image for others to enjoy. I hardly make it to the finish line if the project is simply for personal consumption. To that end, the image has to say something -- in the case of my D&D games, the illustrations were always a handmaiden to the unfolding story. Looking back, I'm reminded of the fun we had during those RPG sessions. For cetain, it made all the effort worth it.

Cheers!

Cymone Descends Into the Underworld | Daz assets and render | Photoshop post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have got to add my 2 cents in here and renders I have done!!!

"Magical Cavern"

This has been a fun thread!  Some incredible imagery and I personally get a lot out of reading the story behind the image.  

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Another Magical render!

Circe, one of the famously misunderstood NPC in my D&D campaign. "Demi-" hence not "proper"; she's scorned by the Olympian gods. CIrce has to rely on guile and her wits, often lasooing mortals into her many schemes. I made this image as a hand out for a go-fetch quest Circe gave to the players. As a demigoddess, she's not one to be triffled with. That's the takeaway I wanted them to have.

Cheers!

Circe the Enchantress | Daz assets | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

csaa said:

Circe, one of the famously misunderstood NPC in my D&D campaign. "Demi-" hence not "proper"; she's scorned by the Olympian gods. CIrce has to rely on guile and her wits, often lasooing mortals into her many schemes. I made this image as a hand out for a go-fetch quest Circe gave to the players. As a demigoddess, she's not one to be triffled with. That's the takeaway I wanted them to have.

Cheers!

Circe the Enchantress | Daz assets | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Your hand posing is absolutely FABULOUS!  Plus now that you explained all of the work that goes into your imagery it's just JAW DROPPING! 

Might as well post this here, too:

I've been learning Houdini, and this was my experiment with learning how fire simulations work. It doesn't look as good as I'd like yet, but Houdini is very complicated, and I'm sure there's some arcane setting that I don't know I need to play with yet to get the right results without also destroying my computer.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I wanna play, but I only have old stuff from something like four years ago. So plz 2 not judge the quality of these too hard, I can do (a little) better.

Undead child, reanimated by some dark, terrible arcane force.

"But these are extinct?!"

"They are now."

When I was a kid, I was always totally scared of seeing something like this in the woods.

If you see stairs in the woods, you must ignore them at all costs.

Wood Elves harvesting berries.

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 151
    edited April 2023

Hi ! Few times ago I made a picture with some kind of magic in it (not really seen I guess), but I wish to post it here: Nemesis and the king

She was kind of a sorceress, or a witch people said... The full story is in my gallery: 
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1280550
    Thanks for watching!

Post edited by hugueskrebs on

hugueskrebs said:

Hi ! Few times ago I made a picture with some kind of magic in it (not really seen I guess), but I wish to post it here: Nemesis and the king

She was kind of a sorceress, or a witch people said... The full story is in my gallery: 
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1280550
    Thanks for watching!

hugueskrebs,

That was well done imge. Interesting story too. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 151

Hello! Me again! I wanted to present you my latest picture: The reader and the sandman

As you can see with the rainbow, it was originaly create for the Daz+ render contest of april.
    I wrote a full story in my gallery if you want:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#image=1285168
    Thanks for watching!

• acbacb Posts: 350
    edited February 23

This is one of my early attempts at creating something actually good with Daz - after gimping around for a few weeks :)

Last december I then played around with some magic effects:

CharStudySorc.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 202K
    MaarahCasting.jpg
    1920 x 2560 - 502K
    MaarahThrone.jpg
    3840 x 5120 - 4M
    Post edited by acb on

acb said:

This is one of my early attempts at creating something actually good with Daz - after gimping around for a few weeks :)

Last december I then played around with some magic effects:

These are MARVELOUS acb!  You have been creating off the charts work and I'm absolutely loving them.

edited May 2023

CARDS - In Hiding (10 months later!)
    CARDS - In Hiding
    LINK TO THE GALLERY LISTING AND STORY

It's been TEN months since I posted another sequence to the story of Cindy and Max but I'm glad I'm back to it.  Hopefully I can keep the momentum going and finish this one segment.  Ummm, the magic is that the cards reveal to her answers to what's happening, the future, etc.  The story reveals more and how the magic is taking place better than I can explain it.  :) 

Post edited by junk on
  • acbacb Posts: 350
    edited October 2023

Post edited by acb on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027

@junk - I responded in the gallery but wanted to give yet another shout out for your image here (somehow missed it when you posted) - As always, a fantastic image.  The perspective, the detail, the story all blow me away.  Each image reveals another factet of you as an artist, and also of your characters and the world they live.  Keep them coming - we all really enjoy your work !

junk said: CARDS - In Hiding (10 months later!)
    CARDS - In Hiding

bohemian3 said:

@junk - I responded in the gallery but wanted to give yet another shout out for your image here (somehow missed it when you posted) - As always, a fantastic image.  The perspective, the detail, the story all blow me away.  Each image reveals another factet of you as an artist, and also of your characters and the world they live.  Keep them coming - we all really enjoy your work !

junk said: CARDS - In Hiding (10 months later!)
    CARDS - In Hiding

Head dropped in sincere thankfulness for your kind words.  You're work blows me away so I am so very thankful.

acb said:

I haven't looked in here for a while. And then I found a fantastic render and a extremely nice compliment. Thanks for both, junk! smiley

heart You are welcome and I also thank you at the same time!  Keep on rocking acb! 

Olympia and Taye in the Garden of the Gods
    Garden of the Gods

And then something stepped out from behind them.
    Garden of the Gods pt2

Darn it... Olympia is a magic user and so are the two dead thingies by VYK on the bottom.  Products used in the link of course.

edited June 2023

CARDS - Creepy Guy Enters the Room
    CARDS - Creepy Guy Enters the Room

Magic cards is what allowed Cindy to know that the creepy guy was about to enter the room.

Post edited by junk on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited June 2023

One of the few magic things I've done that isn't too lame. This was for a RRRR contest a few years ago.

fluffy story.jpg
    1275 x 1650 - 608K
    Post edited by luci45 on

luci45 said:

One of the few magic things I've done that isn't too lame. This was for a RRRR contest a few years ago.

Now THAT'S DAMN COOL!  Great work with every single cell and the way you brought it all together.  

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

junk said:

luci45 said:

Now THAT'S DAMN COOL!  Great work with every single cell and the way you brought it all together.  

Thank you! It means a lot t me as I find your narrative renders very compelling.