Experimenting with ML Deformer in UE5.1

2»

Comments

• @TheMysteryIsThePoint I did get your note.  Your code was plenty clear for me to find what I was missing when mine wouldn't work.  Thanks!
    I'm fortunate that what I needed out of Alembic is relatively simple compared to what you're doing because I don't need to deal with things like materials.  If you're interested, you can see it here: DazBridgeUtils/MLDeformer.cpp at main · David-Vodhanel/DazBridgeUtils (github.com)

It's pretty much the ExportTrainingData function.  The rest of the file deals with making the random poses and making sure the geometry is updated properly before I export each frame.

I agree, it's really great ot see people sharing and working together on solutions like this.

• Thought I'd put this here to keep all of the insights in the one thread.  Lot's of useful info at the end of this GDC session, starting at around the 31:50 mark.

I'm going to have another go at using the ML Deformer tools with Daz characters now that there's more information floating around.

• David Vodhanel said:

@TheMysteryIsThePoint I did get your note.  Your code was plenty clear for me to find what I was missing when mine wouldn't work.  Thanks!
    I'm fortunate that what I needed out of Alembic is relatively simple compared to what you're doing because I don't need to deal with things like materials.  If you're interested, you can see it here: DazBridgeUtils/MLDeformer.cpp at main · David-Vodhanel/DazBridgeUtils (github.com)

It's pretty much the ExportTrainingData function.  The rest of the file deals with making the random poses and making sure the geometry is updated properly before I export each frame.

I agree, it's really great ot see people sharing and working together on solutions like this.

@David Vodhanel   Im getting an error with your DazToUnreal build.  Is there somewhere I can log bug reports for it?  Thanks

• Generally the Discord is the best place (https://discord.gg/tVcDBMF).  I check there almost every day.