New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• Richard Haseltine said:

marcus.ames said:

Cris Palomino said:

maikdecker said:

Cris Palomino said:

Pax Asteriae said:

So far I've seen a 'Maximum of 25%', a 'Maximum of 35%' and my own, a 'Maximum of 20%.'

I don't know if I can be bothered if there's no chance I'll ever reach the same level of discount of others.

The image is basically explaining that your maximum will be 20% for this loyalty sale. This is how the loyalty sales normally go. 

How about this screenshot then?

Shows the orange banner I received on the 30th of November and as a message on my DAZland account on the same day. Explicitely mentioning 35% here...

So we got a "VIP Holiday Punch Card" with 35% max, a normal "Holiday Punch Card" with a max of 20% and maybe someone manages to show another message, talking about a "whatever it's called Holiday Punch Card" with 30% max...

Might be reason for a little bit of confusion, right?

Also the 35% is weird, as one get's 10% per punch, starting with already 10% base... where do those 5% come from, that make it 35%

Curioser and curioser would Alice say...

Those with this banner get a max of 35%. Each tier has gotten one that shows their particular max. 

I too got notified that it would be max 35% yesterday, I made multiple purchases, all items from the sale page, and came back to 10% again today with no option to increase. Maybe "different tiers get different info" was what was intended, but it did not work that way in practice. You guys simply have to stop rolling dice to pick random sales conditions.

Ignoring what it says, whata ditional discount do you see if you add an item to the cart? 10% off 30% Intro would be 37%, 25% off 30% intro would be 48%, 35% off 30% intro would be 55%

So what gets you to 43% off? Is there a secret 1.5 punch tier as well? The punch sale for the last couple of weeks worked fine for me and was easy to check, it really, really seems like it isn't working as expected today. It doesn't help that they included images this time for the punch status but the images apparently don't change if you have more (or less?) than one punch.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 223

wolandepiphanius said:

Well, it seems that in addition to all these problems, I tried using the monthly DAZ coupon (the one for daz originals old or new) and it didn't give me the full $6.00 off, it gave me $4 and some change off instead. I had the Josie Mega bundle and the Boho Silk Fabric iray shaders in the cart only. There were no $0 items in my cart.

I might be mistaken, but Josie mega bundle is a new release and I don't think the $6 coupon can be used on new releases.

• XiousDs said:

wolandepiphanius said:

Well, it seems that in addition to all these problems, I tried using the monthly DAZ coupon (the one for daz originals old or new) and it didn't give me the full $6.00 off, it gave me $4 and some change off instead. I had the Josie Mega bundle and the Boho Silk Fabric iray shaders in the cart only. There were no $0 items in my cart.

I might be mistaken, but Josie mega bundle is a new release and I don't think the $6 coupon can be used on new releases.

You are mistaken. The DAZ+ coupon for DAZ Originals can be used on new DOs that are not DAZ+ items. 

• Made a purchase over 30$ every day last week including yesterday, Still I only have one punch ( 10% ) - the one "filled for free". Do I miss something ?

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

Your Holiday Punch Card:

I bought something yesterday and I have a VIP banner so I should have 2 stamps., but I still only got one...

It's not just the "% off" what's a bit "funny", but the stamps counting too.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455

They are having issues atm with the punches showing properly and they are working on it.

• j_jobs_5aed5ee339 said:

Made a purchase over 30$ every day last week including yesterday, Still I only have one punch ( 10% ) - the one "filled for free". Do I miss something ?

Must admit after yesterday I though I'd be 20% today but only 10% :( 

• Are you actually checking the discount by putting soemthing in your carts? I show only one punch, out of three, but I am getting the full discount in cart. I realise the presentation is a problem, and that it is hard to figure out what is going on, but it dioes look as if at least some discounts are applying correctly. We have asked about the lack of a second, visible, punch for purchasing yesterday.

• Daz needs to follow the K.I.S.S. principle

• felisfelis Posts: 3,751

Is Holiday Grab Bag excluded from punch Card discount?

I Can't see it listed as excluded, so maybe an oversight or it just don't work.

• felis said:

I was just going to ask this. Having the same issue. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

frank0314 said:

They are having issues atm with the punches showing properly and they are working on it.

laugh 

• GhostGhost Posts: 93

Okay so testing on https://www.daz3d.com/heavy-metal-princess-for-genesis-8-female-s The discount shows -58% priced at 10.48$ 
    In the basket it changes to -68% priced at 7.86$ 

10% would = 1.48

so it is 20% off the discounted price not the full price.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,090

felis said:

Yes, it is. The punch card states that anything listed as "Today only" is excluded, and Holiday Grab Bag is on the list.

(I was sad it wasn't working on those items, but at least it's stated in the rules—not that it's exactly clear the way they did it.)

todayonly.png
    686 x 328 - 122K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,751

joanna said:

felis said:

Yes, it is. The punch card states that anything listed as "Today only" is excluded, and Holiday Grab Bag is on the list.

(I was sad it wasn't working on those items, but at least it's stated in the rules—not that it's exactly clear the way they did it.)

Yeah, I see that now.

Why make it straightforward, when you have a chance of making it convoluted. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

The punch counter shown at the website says that I get 10% (and two locked locks) and testing shows that I'm at 35% off through punches... So don't believe what it says on that website, just check in the shopping cart yourself... wink

• And see, that makes less sense since this should only be the second day, so how would someone be at the max discount?

Whatever, I see a price in the cart I'm not going to worry about what the discount is and the punches, it's less flexible than the last punch card and seems to be more complicated even though it shouldn't be.

• wolandepiphanius said:

Don't forget you can get 3 free Bundles with Josie 9 mega bundle ;-)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Is the store having problems???  I'm having trouble getting things into my cart... and the page is taking forEVER to load... Lots of spinning circles... Anyone else having problems shopping?

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 223

Llola Lane said:

Is the store having problems???  I'm having trouble getting things into my cart... and the page is taking forEVER to load... Lots of spinning circles... Anyone else having problems shopping?

With daz deals add-in disabled it is going much faster for me.  But I enjoy the price history, so I am dealing with the slow and sometimes refreshing.

The ammount being reported for discounts is wonky, though.  So we are waiting for that to be resolved.  I might just get a slightly over $2 item today to ensure I am good for tomorrow.  Not much super jumps at me since I got the 3 bundles with Josie mega bundle yesterday.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

XiousDs said:

Llola Lane said:

With daz deals add-in disabled it is going much faster for me.  But I enjoy the price history, so I am dealing with the slow and sometimes refreshing.

The ammount being reported for discounts is wonky, though.  So we are waiting for that to be resolved.  I might just get a slightly over $2 item today to ensure I am good for tomorrow.  Not much super jumps at me since I got the 3 bundles with Josie mega bundle yesterday.

Sounds like a plan... I've been trying to shoppe for a few days and it seems to be getting worse... I depend on the Daz Deals Add-on too.  I bought my over $2.00 item at 2am my time when the Daz store turned over so I'm good for today ;)  

• butterflyfish said:

felis said:

I was just going to ask this. Having the same issue. 

yesterday it was not applied to the 1.99 items

• Hi - still hoping for an answer to this as it will affect my purchase:

Promo says you need to spend $2 to qualify for a punch. If you have a 10% discount and buy a $2 item, it's only charged at $1.80.

Would that purchase qualify to earn a new punch? 

Or do you have to spend enough for final price to remain at $2 or above even after discount?

Thanks for clarifying.

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

Usually, for promos referring to a price of #, they mean the final sale price (not including tax if you have it) has to be over #.  Not Daz, can't swear for how this is set up, but I would assume that based on prior experience, it's a minimum of 2 total at purchase, after any and all discounts.

• Leticia said:

Usually, for promos referring to a price of #, they mean the final sale price (not including tax if you have it) has to be over #.  Not Daz, can't swear for how this is set up, but I would assume that based on prior experience, it's a minimum of 2 total at purchase, after any and all discounts.

I belove that your right about that, but like you I'm not Daz 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,072

Leticia said:

And, most likely, not including sales tax.

• ok - thanks for replies - will make sure I'm above that threshold today (though would of course be nice if DAZ gave some official clarification)

• Richard Haseltine said:

Are you actually checking the discount by putting soemthing in your carts? I show only one punch, out of three, but I am getting the full discount in cart. I realise the presentation is a problem, and that it is hard to figure out what is going on, but it dioes look as if at least some discounts are applying correctly. We have asked about the lack of a second, visible, punch for purchasing yesterday.

As end users, we know it's not that simple at all. The applied siscounts need to show something other than just a percentage, like where the various percentages are coming from. The big buzzword is "transparency." Okay, so 30% of this is new-item discount, x percentage is punch card promo, x percentage is because you have/own this qualifying product, etc - even if it's just a hover-over. It lets the customer audit their experience and even lets them know when it would be good to keep certain items in their cart. I'll tell you that when I popped a few items in my cart from the sale page, none of those percentages lined up with your calculations, and there was nothing that said what led to those amounts.

And none of the above takes into account that way too often you don't immediately show the correct price on the sale page anyway. The first hour after rollover especially is plagued with some previous discount, no discount at all, or even free. And there have been a few days where those haven't been addressed for over half the day if at all.

So no, just sticking an item in the cart and having blind faith that it's because of factor X, in this case the punch card, is not enough. You need to be transparent about it.

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268

Punch card is still showing just one filled section, despite buying stuff the last two days. is this a static graphic?

Also, er... why exactly doesn't the Zeddicus item apply discounts to... other zeddicus items? That's an extraordinarly odd exception... 

• And now on day 3 I'm still getting the same percentages as day 1 despite making qualifying purchases the last 2 days.

This discussion has been closed.