Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,011

ainm.sloinneadh said:

tsroemi said:

I think there's a really generous and intriguing new room set in DAZ+ now, here: https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-hideout. It includes a lot of items, plus the rooms themselves, and everything looks well-made to me. It's a very nice deviation from the usually much smaller products we get in the club, am loving it and getting it although I already own Polish's Hacker Hideout. This has a different vibe tough, less futuristic, and more rooms are included.

And the toilet has a seat

Just as well, as the future ain't going to be fun

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 362

I like the new waiting space environment, even with the tease of an arrow to a baggage claim area that doesn't exist.

Maybe in a future release? The only baggage claim I've been able to find is on another site, and it's not what one would call robust. (Even the lovely Airport Island environment doesn't have one.)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,787

SilverGirl said:

I like the new waiting space environment, even with the tease of an arrow to a baggage claim area that doesn't exist.

Maybe in a future release? The only baggage claim I've been able to find is on another site, and it's not what one would call robust. (Even the lovely Airport Island environment doesn't have one.)

It just needs new shaders.

Airport Terminal for Daz by BlueTreeStudio 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,280
    https://www.daz3d.com/li-short-stop-hair-for-genesis-9 Great hairstyle. I would have bought it if it supported G8/8.1M.

xyer0 said:

SilverGirl said:

It just needs new shaders.

Airport Terminal for Daz by BlueTreeStudio 

Hm. Not the same one I found. Definitely out of my price range for a one-off that's going to require a lot of tweaking, at least for now, but I'll bookmark it in case that changes (or nothing prettier emerges before I can't put that scene off anymore). Thank you.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,530

I really like the idea of this new bundle, the Pirate's Bride (https://www.daz3d.com/pirates-bride-bundle), and everything seems very well made.I'm not usually a great buyer of undies, but here, there's a lot to appreciate, especially the loose and more period-appropriate stockings. Wish there was a dress to complete the set as well. The cabin of course is absolutely gorgeous, the bed seems to have lots of fish and shell details that are kind of hard to see in the promos. Am wishlisting it for now, cause price is just too high, but will definitely get it. I generally like these pairings that Pamawo does, as before with Sharazade and her room.

• A bit late, but I'm always happy to see a new body hair product from Jepe in the store. I haven't purchased it just yet, but it's on the wishlist.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,410

I would have put good money on bluejaunte having already released a character named Isolde, and I would have lost.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412

Gordig said:

I would have put good money on bluejaunte having already released a character named Isolde, and I would have lost.

I thought the same.

A little bit older of a new release, but https://www.daz3d.com/z-love-and-passion-expressions-for-genesis-9 has some great expressions that wouldn't JUST have to be used for love & passion. I always do reference renders on my main characters, and I'm surprised how many of these I actually like and would use. (There are a bunch that don't fit them, but that might be more of a personality thing, and a function of me not needing anything modern media deems seductive.)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,862

I just put those poses into my cart and even though they are at full price they dropped to 50% in my cart to $11.08. Used 8 tokens and a 10% off banner coupon offer. Thanks @SilverGirl, missed them when they came out. They don't look as dopey like most 'sultry' or 'passionate' expressions do. More like soft and gentle, with a bit of an imp mixed in on some.

Reminds me of a Twitter image my cats and I looked at last night. Kittens = soft, cuddly, with razor sharp knives on paws. (One of my cats, Simon the 3 paw, loves Twitter cat videos.)

memcneil70 said:

I just put those poses into my cart and even though they are at full price they dropped to 50% in my cart to $11.08. Used 8 tokens and a 10% off banner coupon offer. Thanks @SilverGirl, missed them when they came out. They don't look as dopey like most 'sultry' or 'passionate' expressions do. More like soft and gentle, with a bit of an imp mixed in on some.

Reminds me of a Twitter image my cats and I looked at last night. Kittens = soft, cuddly, with razor sharp knives on paws. (One of my cats, Simon the 3 paw, loves Twitter cat videos.)

Glad to help! May they serve you well. 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,170

Couldn't resist https://www.daz3d.com/fancy-furniture-bundle as it was at a fantastic price (daz+ member). I especially like the bookshelf (click to enlarge). Had to adapt the hight of the two bottles on the right with geometry editor, but that's done in a minute.

PA2a.png
    834 x 1080 - 1M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,410

I'm a little confused by the Mixamo Rigged G9. G9 and Mixamo have very different rigs, so did HL just subtract all the joints from G9 that threw up errors when uploading to Mixamo? I've done that with a G8 a few times.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 524

Has anyone tried Mixamo Rigged G9? Sounds interesting, but does it works? Usually the compatibility between mixamo and DAZ characters reaches up to g2, to transfer Mixamo movements to DAZ for g8 you need to import them with g2 and then transfer the movement from g2 to g8 with the appropriate scripts (this is the only method I know) . Also, is there anything similar for g8?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,241

I missed it on the day of release, but I do so admire the sculpts that Cynder Blue comes up with. The latest angular beauty is CB Samara:

Really like the character, even though the overall gestalt isn't hugely different from CB Lores or many others CB has done, even well into G8 days, such as CB Blue and CB Giulia.

Regards,

Richard

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,164

emanuela1 said:

Has anyone tried Mixamo Rigged G9? Sounds interesting, but does it works? Usually the compatibility between mixamo and DAZ characters reaches up to g2, to transfer Mixamo movements to DAZ for g8 you need to import them with g2 and then transfer the movement from g2 to g8 with the appropriate scripts (this is the only method I know) . Also, is there anything similar for g8?

Wondering the same things myself. How well does it work? Is it Windows only? Does it require a recognized GPU? Can the animation be exported?
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,927

Gordig said:

I'm a little confused by the Mixamo Rigged G9. G9 and Mixamo have very different rigs, so did HL just subtract all the joints from G9 that threw up errors when uploading to Mixamo? I've done that with a G8 a few times.

If you google G9 to Mixamo, you'll find a youtube video that shows exactly how to do it. I did it about three months ago, it took roughly a half hour, and have been using Mixamo in Daz without a hitch. It's just a matter of going into the joint editor and deleting certain bones. And then if I want to use it on G8, I just save it as a pose preset from G9, open up a G8 character in Blender via the diffeo plug-in, import action and convert it from G9 or to G8, I forget (there's a convert option when you import action), save that as a pose preset, merge it to your character in Daz and then it'll work on a G8 in Daz. 

benniewoodell said:

Gordig said:

If you google G9 to Mixamo, you'll find a youtube video that shows exactly how to do it. I did it about three months ago, it took roughly a half hour, and have been using Mixamo in Daz without a hitch. It's just a matter of going into the joint editor and deleting certain bones. And then if I want to use it on G8, I just save it as a pose preset from G9, open up a G8 character in Blender via the diffeo plug-in, import action and convert it from G9 or to G8, I forget (there's a convert option when you import action), save that as a pose preset, merge it to your character in Daz and then it'll work on a G8 in Daz. 

This one by any chance?
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,927

@brainmuffin no, not that one. I don't think I can link it here, but if you google Fix: Import Mixamo Animations with Genesis 9 - DAZ Studio, that's the one you want. 

I'm confused, is the new Mediterrenean Backyard an expansion to Stonemason's Mediterrenean Haven without saying so? Cause to me, it seems to be literally the mirrored version of it, plus a few different plants. Compare:

https://www.daz3d.com/mediterranean-backyard
    https://www.daz3d.com/mediterranean-haven

I mean it's pretty and all, but ... what? Or is it just me?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,746

tsroemi said:

I'm confused, is the new Mediterrenean Backyard an expansion to Stonemason's Mediterrenean Haven without saying so? Cause to me, it seems to be literally the mirrored version of it, plus a few different plants. Compare:

The pottery is different cheeky 

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

laugh laugh

Weird, right? I mean, how does this happen? Was the original house and setting a viral travel destination on Insta? 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,862

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

laugh laugh

Weird, right? I mean, how does this happen? Was the original house and setting a viral travel destination on Insta? 

I was curious what it actually looks like. The images look like they have been put through a watercolor treatment. If anyone has bought it, can they render straight renders of the set? 

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 330
    I was curious what it actually looks like. The images look like they have been put through a watercolor treatment. If anyone has bought it, can they render straight renders of the set? 

This was my immediate thought as well. Those images have been filtered or post-processed in some way, or I'll eat my hat.

(Yes, my hat is singular. I only own one.)

columbine said:

This was my immediate thought as well. Those images have been filtered or post-processed in some way, or I'll eat my hat.

Noticed that as well, but seeing that I already own the Stonemason set, I don't feel much inclined to buy this one as well, just to see what it truly looks like ;-). It's surely a strange decision to make all your promo pictures in this one, very distinct and postworked style. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,756

tsroemi said:

columbine said:

Noticed that as well, but seeing that I already own the Stonemason set, I don't feel much inclined to buy this one as well, just to see what it truly looks like ;-). It's surely a strange decision to make all your promo pictures in this one, very distinct and postworked style. 

I have the same issue with most Dreamlight products. All the promos are so foggy, I have no idea what the product actually looks like. There should be a rule that there has to be a few straight promo renders without postwork or rendered special FX or lighting. I no longer buy from PAs that don't have clear straight promo renders. 

Wonderland said:

tsroemi said:

columbine said:

I have the same issue with most Dreamlight products. All the promos are so foggy, I have no idea what the product actually looks like. There should be a rule that there has to be a few straight promo renders without postwork or rendered special FX or lighting. I no longer buy from PAs that don't have clear straight promo renders. 

Yes, a very good rule imo. Also for characters. 

benniewoodell said:

@brainmuffin no, not that one. I don't think I can link it here, but if you google Fix: Import Mixamo Animations with Genesis 9 - DAZ Studio, that's the one you want. 

What's your channel name?

Wonderland said:

There should be a rule that there has to be a few straight promo renders without postwork or rendered special FX or lighting. I no longer buy from PAs that don't have clear straight promo renders. 

YES PLEASE. I don't want to see how good an experienced photoshop person can make the product look unless the product comes with a photoshop-experienced person who's willing to make it look like that for me for free. Likewise with a product that only looks that good if you use other Daz utilities to make it look like that. (And if used as an example, it should be disclosed.)