The I Miss the Old Days Complaint Thread

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,300

Ok, wait to keel over; get a heart monitor next Thursday. Turn that in and get a sleep study monitor. Then Get probed by the Aliens, and I'll that to your Imagination. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032

Being probed by aliens isn't as bad as people say. Well, so I've heard, anyway. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,550

It depends on which aliens.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,777

I'm hungry.  When can I have waffles?

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Any time is a good time for waffles!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,231
    edited August 2023

Zylox said:

Yes, but you mustn't hesitate, no waffling.indecision 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

LeatherGryphon said:

Zylox said:

Wait, are you not waffling when making waffles? 

AgitatedRiot said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Zylox said:

Wait, are you not waffling when making waffles? 

You are if they burn.indecision 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

a blue waffle is bad surprise 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,376
    edited August 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

a blue waffle is bad surprise 

Not bad if it is from blueberry topping. Umm! 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

...complaint:

I hate getting old. 

Finally the market near me had fresh catfish fillets so I picked one up to do my Cajun bronzed catfish, along with some veggies and my signature roasted red potatoes when I remembered that that I had a box of rice pilaf in the cupboard (which would save heating the place up by using the oven for about 30 minutes to roast the potatoes as it was a fairly warm day Saturday). 

Great idea, right?

I grabbed a measur cup, measured the water into the pot, added a tablespoon of olive oil, and set it to boil before adding the rice and spices as per directions, After adding the rice mix turned the heat down to let it simmer for the prescribed 25 min on the package instructions.  After 20 min I noticed the rice was still very mushy and watery so I let it go for another 15 minutes (the fish only takes about 5 min to cook on the griddle once it was heated up).  However even after the extra time, the water still had not fully absorbed into the rice  and it looked more like "pilaf and bloated rice soup" rather than fluffy "rice pilaf", I wondered what went wrong until I looked over at the measure cup I used and realised I had grabbed the two cup rather than one cup measure and inadvertently put in three and three quarter cups of water, (more than twice the one and three quarter cups called for) onlt to end up with a soggy mess that will likely go down the disposal.

Should have stuck with the roasted potatoes.

Did I say I hate getting old?

Well....at least the fish and veggies turned out fine

edited August 2023

Peanut Gallery comment:  Rice soup?indecision

Non-complaint:  Absolutely gorgeous weather we're havin' here.  Mid-70s, partly cloudy, a little humid but not oppressive, light breeze.  Gorgeous.  Air conditioner only runs a few times a day for about 7 minutes then goes to sleep again.smiley 

'Nother non-complaint:  Wheee..., made it to the Ellington Town Picnic yesterday with a friend.  Typical array of pies & cakes & Amish breads, game stalls, food trucks, local band on stage, chainsaw log cutting contest, and the most important, the fireman's BBQ chicken lunch.yes​  Yeah, a little expensive at $15 each, but it is a treat and the very tiny town needs the money.  Whole side of BBQ chicken, potato salad, dinner roll, drink, applesauce, pickles, berry pie slice, and meet friends that I haven't seen in years.  I bought lunch for both of us, and I bought an extra one for me to take home.  At home I deboned the chicken from my leftovers and the other chicken half.  Enough wonderful BBQ chicken ready for at least three more meals.  Yay!heart

LeatherGryphon said:

sounds as horrid as tapioca soup or pearl barley soup, both of which I had to endure as a child 

Hmmm... "Pearl Barley"  wasn't she a singer? 

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

LeatherGryphon said:

I hear she was out-standing in her field.

Zylox said:

LeatherGryphon said:

I hear she was out-standing in her field.

Her talent was naturally ingrained.

LeatherGryphon said:

Yep, one of her biggest hits was "Won't You Come Home, Bill Barley".

edited August 2023

you are all being rather corny

in other scary news, my window tapper returned tonight, I didn't see her, she must have run off before I got to the window

I had my porch light on, she must be like a moth surprise

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

in other scary news, my window tapper returned tonight, I didn't see her, she must have run off before I got to the window

Idea:  Sound sensitive camera trigger with bright flash.  Tapper an annoyance.  The frozen look on her face, priceless. devil

LeatherGryphon said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Idea:  Sound sensitive camera trigger with bright flash.  Tapper an annoyance.  The frozen look on her face, priceless. devil

I am looking online for options

A moat around your castle with a couple crocodiles in it and you'll never see (most of) her again.

edited August 2023

TJohn said:

A moat around your castle with a couple crocodiles in it and you'll never see (most of) her again.

Multi-level defence:  Holly bushes or stinging nettles along the boundry.  Then motion detection lawn sprinklers.  Then  if you're in the right climate, vicious pointy tipped Yucca or palm plants are effective deterents under the window.  Just don't drop your phone behind them.frown

We joke, but weird people exist.frown  I have a few stories about irrationally, annoyingly, persistent people myself.  People who don't listen to logic or reason and still continue to ignore the legality fence or dabble in la-la-land behavior, need to be watched and at least known about in the neighborhood, if not yet reported officially.

I have the Yucca and spikey date palm, I have no idea why she is singling me out though, my house is the crappiest one in the street

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,550

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I have the Yucca and spikey date palm, I have no idea why she is singling me out though, my house is the crappiest one in the street

I think some people like to target people they think are fairly safe. Maybe you're the only one she's pretty sure won't fire a shot or swing a fist at her.

edited August 2023

NylonGirl said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I think some people like to target people they think are fairly safe. Maybe you're the only one she's pretty sure won't fire a shot or swing a fist at her.

the only one not worth robbing either

my neighbours all have lots of nice things, even the ferals next door, I see the boxes for huge TVs etc 

I have a 760p plasma that is 11 years old

my 2 computers the only valuable things and everyone has better ones too

I am not big on buying stuff, even when I did work

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeatherGryphon said:

TJohn said:

Multi-level defence:  Holly bushes or stinging nettles along the boundry.  Then motion detection lawn sprinklers.  Then  if you're in the right climate, vicious pointy tipped Yucca or palm plants are effective deterents under the window.  Just don't drop your phone behind them.frown

Gorse would be good too.

We joke, but weird people exist.frown  I have a few stories about irrationally, annoyingly, persistent people myself.  People who don't listen to logic or reason and still continue to ignore the legality fence or dabble in la-la-land behavior, need to be watched and at least known about in the neighborhood, if not yet reported officially.

Complaint: I ordered groceries yesterday and got somebody else's order. I had a heck of a time with the company to correct the mistake. They brought me broccoli, (Spits) some wonder feta and garlic cheese—no Meat how what to cook. I can't get to the store; I blew my digital health for me being on the phone for almost an hour.Wher's me sausage at? What's breakfast without sausage, eggs, an' 'ashbrowns only noooooo. Any way i fianlly got the right stuff around 4 pm CST and ordered at 8 in the morning. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

WendyLuvsCatz said:

LeatherGryphon said:

sounds as horrid as tapioca soup or pearl barley soup, both of which I had to endure as a child 

....yeah, it was pretty disgusting., even the smell of it.. 

I do miss rice. I have to avoid it because it makes my sugar spike more than plain sugar does. 

edited August 2023

TJohn said:

I do miss rice. I have to avoid it because it makes my sugar spike more than plain sugar does. 

A lot of other things will do the same thing, I was surprised by, like too little sleep, too much or too less of exercise, Stress, Some medications, Dehydration, Nose spray, Gum disease, Skipping or not taking enough medication  that lowers blood sugar Taking medications incorrectly, and Illness, infection, injury or surgery

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
This discussion has been closed.