Working in DAZ very slow

2»

Comments

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325

Catherine3678ab said:

Once upon a time many years ago, when I was saving 'little' files that came out to mega-sized monster files -- problem turned out to be a combination of a virus of some kind and a reinstallation of the OS was the solution. So for what it's worth, maybe it's time to run an online scanner to do a deep scan.

I have Norton and it does a deep scan. It has not found anything.

• leo04 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Is that before or after running the script? What does the Scene Info pane show for that scene?

That was after, Sorry for the delay in my reply.

And it is still slow? What abiout the Scene Info pane, what does that show?

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Delete all of your characters hair and add that last just before render.

• rillarilla Posts: 57
    PerttiA said:

You would not know that you had multiple copies of items/morphs, I didn't and the only way I found out, was when I started wondering why the length of the lashes didn't stick - Every second time I opened a previously saved scene, the length of the lashes were at the default 0% instead of 100% that I had saved the scene with.

As I was troubleshooting the lashes, I found duplicate versions of the morphs included in one 3rd party characters morphs, but I also found a lot of (duplicate) morphs from the Starter Essentials included in other characters morph folders and even copies of the G8 base figures (the base mesh) within some characters morph folders. There were also clothes that had (duplicate) character morphs from not only the starter essentials but also other creators morph packs included.

Once I had removed all the extra morphs and items from places where they were not supposed to be... After a few days, I realized closing DS had not hanged even once since I removed the duplicated items/morphs, and hasn't hanged since.

Finding those duplicates is not easy if one isn't familiar with where everything should be and why.

Note; The filename being the same does not mean that a file is a duplicate, one must look inside the file and compare the contents.

Wow....sitting here blinking at the screen... Welp. This information just presented me with a little project. Thank God I bought dsf toolbox the other day. I've got work to do stamping out duplicates. The data folder is a sensitive thing. But Thank God for this post! If this will get my G8F to stop lagging I owe you a coffee/beer.
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,610
    edited May 2023

To me it sounds like daz studio doesn't like your content database. There's probably some conflicting assets. You can check the log for errors. But a quick way is to restart with a fresh clean content folder. In general the daz studio database is not protected from PAs who create conflicting assets. This is why it is best to only install the assets you need for the current project.

A good habit would be to check the log for errors after every new asset you install. Never trust the PAs. If a new asset generates errors in the log then uninstall and ask for a refund.

• rename your content folder so daz studio will not dig in
    • create a new folder with the old name
    • install the G8 basic pack and see if daz studio runs smooth
    Post edited by Padone on