Genesis 9

2»

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309

Sounds like it didn't install correctly. I would advise you not to use both DIM and installing through Daz Studio itself - this leads to duplicate files in your content libraries and can cause a nasty mess to fix.

I've never tried installing through Daz Studio (a method called "Daz Connect") so I have no experience of that - I use exclusively DIM to install products from the Daz Store and manually for products from other sources.

If that "installing" status ever completes, then I suggest you uninstall again (by right-click on the product name in Smart Content I think) then try uninstalling and reinstalling both files in DIM. If this still doesn't work then I suggest calling in an expert like Richard Haseltine

• MalikStoddard said:

MelanieL said:

MalikStoddard said:

I'm interested in seeing what this new model can do but can't find it in the store at all. I can only seem to find the add on products for it. 

Do you mean Genesis 9 base, or the Victoria 9 model? The Genesis 9 Base should be in your account already (free with Daz Studio) as "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials" - find it here in your Product Library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_86958

I dowloaded the "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials" yesterday but when i open Studio there are no signs of the Genesis 9 base model in my content library. The picture I've attached shows my "People" sub-folder where I'm used to locating the base models in DS that I want to use and shows that I have upto Gen 8.1. Am I looking in the wrong place for it?

That content set up is not ideal anyway, judging by the folder names you are using the application folder for content which - especially if it is in Program Files - can lead to Windows deciding to protect it and blocking the content installation.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That content set up is not ideal anyway, judging by the folder names you are using the application folder for content which - especially if it is in Program Files - can lead to Windows deciding to protect it and blocking the content installation.

My content library is stored on an external drive due to having had the first laptop I used DS on died, luckily I was able to recover the files from the HDD.