Genesis 9

Purchased the pro package for Genesis 9 was supposed to receive the anatomical elements I have the mats but no anatomical elements. Is anyone else having this trouble or is there some other place that they should be that I'm not looking. The truth is I may never use them but I want what I paid for I've already put a ticket in but I just wondered if someone else may have an answer because you know how long it takes to get answers from Daz.

Comments

• It was never actually advertised as a "pro" bundle; we just assumed. It seems that in Genesis 9, they've moved away from needing to buy a pro bundle to get the elements. They're in the Genesis 9 Character Essentials (not to be confused with the Starter Essentials).

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    Thank you for the answer. I installed everything they gave me and it seemed like I installed that one too but they are still not showing up I know I will eventually get it figured out.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

The character essentials are not free. They are not the same as the starter essentials. If you want anatomical elements, you need to purchase the item that murgatroyd314 linked above.

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    Thanks for the clarification I didn't pick up on that when I first read it. I will pick it up thanks for the help.
  • Even if it had been a Pro bundle that doesn't absolutely guarantee it would have had the Anatomical Elements.

• For a Victoria? I think we all had the correct idea that they should have been included IMHO.

• drucdruc Posts: 399

I haven't downloaded anything yet as my new PC has just (today) been shipped. But I did look in my DIM and didn't see the "free" items promised at the launch for pre orders. I am busy backing up (transferring) my files to a SSD so I don't want to down load anything yet. Does anyone know how we get these free items?

My new "compatable" PC box could arrive tomorrow (with luck) and I will be able to render G9. When will we see head and body morphs?

• druc said:

I haven't downloaded anything yet as my new PC has just (today) been shipped. But I did look in my DIM and didn't see the "free" items promised at the launch for pre orders. I am busy backing up (transferring) my files to a SSD so I don't want to down load anything yet. Does anyone know how we get these free items?

They stil need to be added, Daz is aware of this but running the update to add items puts a heavy load on the servers so it is being staged. That said, I thought the plan was to add them overnight so I have sent a query in. In any event, you shouldn't need to do anything to get them.

• Richard Haseltine said:

druc said:

They stil need to be added, Daz is aware of this but running the update to add items puts a heavy load on the servers so it is being staged. That said, I thought the plan was to add them overnight so I have sent a query in. In any event, you shouldn't need to do anything to get them.

Good info because as of yet I have all the Genesis 9 stuff downloaded but the Victoria 9 HD figure and bundle has yet to show up in my DIM or DazCentral.  

• Catherine3678ab said:

For a Victoria? I think we all had the correct idea that they should have been included IMHO.

People have been complaining for years about having to buy an Adult DAZ Original Character Pro Bundle just to get the anatomical elements, so DAZ3D changed how they were made available. 

I mean no disrespect when I say this. Where are the free items promised for purchasing G9 victoria HD bundle pre release. You have my money I don't have the promised free items. If you have a system issue. That's not my problem. SORT IT and add the items to my DIM Please

PS. I am not purchasing anything more until those meager items are in my download list (check my purchase history your venders will be happy)

• druc said:

I mean no disrespect when I say this. Where are the free items promised for purchasing G9 victoria HD bundle pre release. You have my money I don't have the promised free items. If you have a system issue. That's not my problem. SORT IT and add the items to my DIM Please

I'm not sure what thw offifcal status is, I know they were being added at the end of the week. You could give them a bit longer, or you could open a ticket - either way you shoul get your freebies.              .

• junkjunk Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2022

Hi Richard... hopefully I have the right place to put problems with Victoria 9 HD.  I'll contact support too but thought I would see if anyone else is getting these same problems.

HAIR PROBLEMS

1) When I put "dforce Voila Hair" on Victoria 9, save and reload the scene... the hair is floating above her head by about U.S. 6 inches.

2) When I put "Truli updo Hair for G8" on Victoria 9, save and reload the scene, it will not finish loading the scene.

Anyone else have hair problems?

Post edited by junk on
  • if Gen9's genitals workflow is similar to Gen8/8.1, then a pro character's skin mat should do the job.   I've purchased the essential bundle, and gen9 genital sure as hell don't work on any of their free skin mats(tested) I don't have victoria 9 yet, but I predict that;s the only one that will work, as for male's genitals, got wait for Micheal 9 or other gen 9 characters from PAs 

Just curious. Has anyone received the free items for pre ordering G9? It's been more than 2 weeks and Daz has been silent.

• druc said:

Just curious. Has anyone received the free items for pre ordering G9? It's been more than 2 weeks and Daz has been silent.

Have you put in a ticket? 

Thank you Cris. I take it from your post that everyone else has reeived these.

• druc said:

There may be others. Hard to say b/c we only see people who post in the forums and even those who had problems don't always report back if they receive a resolution. 

• I assume you mean ordering the Victoria 9 Intro Bundle, or Victoria 9 (I can't recall if the figure alone qualified) rather than Genesis 9?

• druc said:

They were manually adding them in, then they ran a script or three, then they manually had to fix some accounts. 

So: Click submit a ticket [but don't], sign in, then from your name, select My activities.
    From the list, you can select your ticket and add to it. This should bump it back to their attention.

If for any reason you don't see your ticket, then submit one to Customer Service, Sales.

Thank you Catherine. I submitted a tickey to sales. It was just after the thank you Cris post so the weekend. Richard it was the V9 HD bundle about US$111 (with the 30% new release discount).

• I'm interested in seeing what this new model can do but can't find it in the store at all. I can only seem to find the add on products for it. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,308

MalikStoddard said:

I'm interested in seeing what this new model can do but can't find it in the store at all. I can only seem to find the add on products for it. 

Do you mean Genesis 9 base, or the Victoria 9 model? The Genesis 9 Base should be in your account already (free with Daz Studio) as "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials" - find it here in your Product Library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_86958

• MelanieL said:

MalikStoddard said:

I'm interested in seeing what this new model can do but can't find it in the store at all. I can only seem to find the add on products for it. 

Do you mean Genesis 9 base, or the Victoria 9 model? The Genesis 9 Base should be in your account already (free with Daz Studio) as "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials" - find it here in your Product Library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_86958

I dowloaded the "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials" yesterday but when i open Studio there are no signs of the Genesis 9 base model in my content library. The picture I've attached shows my "People" sub-folder where I'm used to locating the base models in DS that I want to use and shows that I have upto Gen 8.1. Am I looking in the wrong place for it?

Daz3d-Lib-Gen-9.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 183K
    edited January 2023

How did you install it?

If you did it manually (or by DIM) did you install both of the .zip files?

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • I installed it via the "Install Manager" application. Should I try downloading and installing the files manually?

edited January 2023

No, DIM should do it fine, but did you install both files? You could right-click the entry in DIM Installed tab then select "show installed files" to see where it was installed - is that where you expected it to be?

Also does it show up in the Smart Content products tab?

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MalikStoddardMalikStoddard Posts: 13
    edited January 2023

In the "Smart Content" tab it is showing but is greyed out and when I  double clicked on it the status bar at the bottom of the window says "installing" with a percentage bar. I'm used to manually installing files for use as I have purchased non-DS store items and I am placing all the files on an external drive as I have quite a bit of stuff installed for use in DS. The other reason for the external drive is I'm now on the fourth computer I've used DS on since I originally dowloaded the program.

Post edited by MalikStoddard on