Am I missing the anatomical elements?

hhglickhhglick Posts: 52

I see textures for male and female genitalia in V9, but I dont seem to see the attachments?  Have these not been released yet?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• KeikuKeiku Posts: 143

I'm thinking they have not been. I've always had to add those in later myself with older generations.

• hhglickhhglick Posts: 52

Keiku said:

I'm thinking they have not been. I've always had to add those in later myself with older generations

I thought I remembered the 8.1 genitalialia being released later?  I cant remember now.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Previously one had to buy a Pro bundle to get the anatomical elements as a bonus, now they are included in "Genesis 9 Character Essentials" that's way cheaper than bundles

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-character-essentials

• RamsusRamsus Posts: 8
    edited October 2022

I Believe they come with this one?
    Look in detail desciption.

Details

Some points of interest?

• Over 100 eyebrow options
    • Around half, the eyebrow options are card based so they will work better in games
    • 32 eye colors
    • 7 eyelash styles with 9 color options and separate control of lower and upper lashes
    • Includes Genesis 9 anatomical elements
    Post edited by Ramsus on
  • hhglickhhglick Posts: 52

PerttiA said:

Previously one had to buy a Pro bundle to get the anatomical elements as a bonus, now they are included in "Genesis 9 Character Essentials" that's way cheaper than bundles

SMH... yup, thats it then.  

Hmm. If they do come with Genesis 9 character essentials, then they are indeed missing.

Keiku said:

Hmm. If they do come with Genesis 9 character essentials, then they are indeed missing.

Nevermind. I was thinking Starter Essentials. Not Character Essentials.

• cdotdkcdotdk Posts: 23
    edited October 2022

Speaking of the G9 Character Essentials, it shows up in DazCentral like this

> Genesis 9 Character Essentials

> Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements(DO NOT ENABLE)

Any idea what the (DO NOT ENABLE) is supposed to warn us about?

Post edited by cdotdk on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

mark_7b07771236 said:

Speaking of the G9 Character Essentials, it shows up in DazCentral like this

> Genesis 9 Character Essentials

> Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements(DO NOT ENABLE)

Any idea what the (DO NOT ENABLE) is supposed to warn us about?

It’s not for us, it’s to remind Daz people that it shouldn’t be put in the store as an individual product
  • cdotdkcdotdk Posts: 23

Leana said:

It’s not for us, it’s to remind Daz people that it shouldn’t be put in the store as an individual product

Ah, cheers. That wasn't so immediately obvious :-)   To me, anyway.

• Ah got it. Pre-order $70 but if you don't want notices of missing genital and brow files you must spend another $12 to get character essentials. 

• surv0101 said:

Ah got it. Pre-order $70 but if you don't want notices of missing genital and brow files you must spend another $12 to get character essentials. 

No, the errors relating to brows have nothing to do with Character Essentials. The anatomical elements are optional, of course.

• Ttile edited and moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio issue.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Richard Haseltine said:

surv0101 said:

Ah got it. Pre-order $70 but if you don't want notices of missing genital and brow files you must spend another $12 to get character essentials. 

No, the errors relating to brows have nothing to do with Character Essentials. The anatomical elements are optional, of course.

The error message I got had character essentials in the path. 

• Pendraia said:

Richard Haseltine said:

surv0101 said:

The error message I got had character essentials in the path. 

Bad references or bad paths, I'm not sure which - there is not intended to be a requirement to buy Character Essentials.

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128

The texture files get messed up anyway.  Trying to transfer body texture to gens results in an extra set of nipples on the character.  Tried both avaialbe UV sets.

• The Anatomical Elements need their own textures, they don't just take the base maps.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

"

"

Is this phrase meant to be deliberately misleading? Eyebrows are "anatomical elements", eye-lashes are "anatomical elements", tears are "anatomical elements". Why can't DAZ say what they are referring to? Surely this is not just due to prudery. Or is it?

The character essentials package appears to be, on the face of it, primarily relating to eyebrows and eyelashes, there is no mention of genitalia. So does this product contain genitalia related items or not?

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited October 2022

IsaacNewton said:

"

"

Is this phrase meant to be deliberately misleading? Eyebrows are "anatomical elements", eye-lashes are "anatomical elements", tears are "anatomical elements". Why can't DAZ say what they are referring to? Surely this is not just due to prudery. Or is it?

The character essentials package appears to be, on the face of it, primarily relating to eyebrows and eyelashes, there is no mention of genitalia. So does this product contain genitalia related items or not?

Yes the product includes the "anatomical elements" ... that's the term that has been used for a long time.

n.b. that they will be in their own folder. {i.e. if manually downloading there are 2 zips}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

IsaacNewton said:

"

"

The Genesis 9 Character Essentials does indeed include the geometry for the anatomy parts that should not be mentioned in the presence of anyone under the age of 18, or on Sundays

• The asterisk goes to "*Includes geometry for anatomical elements. Textures are not included in this product and are provided by certain character products."

• CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 284

PerttiA said:

The character essentials bundle link now directs to "starter essentials" which LISTS that it has anatomical elements, but the genetalia is not in this packageor the expansion of this expansion. If you are looking for genetalia. this far I do not see them available anywhere. I own both of above mentioned packages, they do not have the genetalia. 

The geometries for Anatomical Elements are included in "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Expansion"
    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials-expansion

Where are you looking for them?

edited December 2022

Anatomy tab, Shaping tab, Parameters tab, utilities tab... 

*Edit* 

I found it... nothing tagged 32-bit was getting installed, downloaded, or even being noticed. 

Post edited by Coryllon on

How about looking at DAZ Studio Formats->[Name of your content library]->People->Genesis 9->Anatomy->DAZ Originals in Content Library

No nothing Daz was even looking at it. I had to install DIM and force everything tagged with 32-bit to get recognized, downloaded and installed. it's there now. 

• ommblazeommblaze Posts: 16
    edited January 2023

I have the textures, but they want load. Heve to copy from figure, Very annoying of all the bugs going on. One pays a lot of money for this stuff, but it seems one have to jump through hoops. Rediculous that Daz does not fix such stuff. My problem is happening with the Female Genesis 9 Genetalia, while loading Victoria Genesis 9 with morphs. Any ideas? Also have been able to load texture from Victoria Gens, but had to adjust Transmission, and maybe change the UV map. Wish this at least was seemless. The color match is far from perfect.

Post edited by ommblaze on
  • Did you reapply the Victoria 9 materials preset after loading the anatomical elements?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Did you reapply the Victoria 9 materials preset after loading the anatomical elements?

To the whole body? No, just the "element", but will try that tonight. The "textures" provided are if one starts with the Basic Genesis 9, if one uses a "named" character as the base, one has to load that character's anotomical element texture and reload all the skin textures for that character? Other manufacturers of Grafts usually provide a graft matching routine or script. Just saying.  

ommblaze said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you reapply the Victoria 9 materials preset after loading the anatomical elements?

To the whole body? No, just the "element", but will try that tonight. The "textures" provided are if one starts with the Basic Genesis 9, if one uses a "named" character as the base, one has to load that character's anotomical element texture and reload all the skin textures for that character? Other manufacturers of Grafts usually provide a graft matching routine or script. Just saying.  

The "named" characters are just morphs for Basic Genesis 9, ie. Whatever G9 character you load, it's Basic Genesis 9, either non-morphed or with a morphed face and body.

If you load Victoria 9, and then load the anatomical elements for her, you must select the main character (Victoria 9) and apply "Victoria 9  All MAT" in order to get materials loaded on the anatomical elements also.