Remixing your art with AI

Comments

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,039

3Diva said:

RenderPretender said:

EDIT: I seem unable to upload images at the moment, so I'll come back to this.

Yeah, I've been trying for the past couple of days over at the "NPR" thread to try and get images uploaded. No go. I was able to post some images but that's only because they had been previously upload on the forum about a year ago, so was able to grab those images from a previous post. But for some reason, the forum won't let us post any new images. It's a real bummer and hopefully it's just a glitch that will be worked out soon. 

Agreed. I'd prefer not to have to post to the Gallery just to share the fruit of technical tests.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874

Just an aside, and nothing to do directly with the thread, but I thought it was interesting? surprise This is invariably an issue with AI generated content I guess at this point. 

When Wendy mentioned https://www.songr.ai/ , I popped on over to have a look see for fun. The second thing I quickly tried out with prompt as "Summer love" came up with this as lyrics... Hmm, rather familiar... wink

Below that is a capture from their terms and conditions page. They allow their output to be used for commercial purposes, but it's on the user to make sure there are no copyright infringements. Eek!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,621

SapphireBlue said:

Just an aside, and nothing to do directly with the thread, but I thought it was interesting? surprise This is invariably an issue with AI generated content I guess at this point. 

When Wendy mentioned https://www.songr.ai/ , I popped on over to have a look see for fun. The second thing I quickly tried out with prompt as "Summer love" came up with this as lyrics... Hmm, rather familiar... wink

Below that is a capture from their terms and conditions page. They allow their output to be used for commercial purposes, but it's on the user to make sure there are no copyright infringements. Eek!

That is what you call a big can of worms.  There will be so many problems with this tech in the long term.  Unfotunately the end result will probably be that no copyright can be protected,  there will not be enough courthouses to deal with all the infringement claims.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

you don't need an AI to infringe copyright with your art or music

just drawing an iconic Mouse or playing a distinctive tune by ear can do it

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You're absolutely right,  but atleast back then the person had to sit down and draw it or play it

but now you just have to press the "make art" button and the AI will offer the lyrics from "Grease" as if it had created it.  But it didn't,  it stole it. That's the difference.

edited June 2023

FirstBastion said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You're absolutely right,  but atleast back then the person had to sit down and draw it or play it

but now you just have to press the "make art" button and the AI will offer the lyrics from "Grease" as if it had created it.  But it didn't,  it stole it. That's the difference.

Google existed
    rightclick save image existed 

we are straying off the remixing art though and into debates that get threads locked

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

FYI, I was finally able to upload my test images to my post above, if anyone is interested. Thank you for reading!

Wendy,  you're right again.

very cool RenderPretender yes

edited June 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

very cool RenderPretender yes

Thank you, Wendy. I'm really quite happy with her. I think she really punches a big hole in that realism barrier I've been trying so hard to crack. BTW, in the image where she's seated, see how the inside of her left elbow, left knee, the slight fold of flesh over the waistband of her shorts, and buttock (against the stool) are naturally compressed? That's actually the AI saying "The mesh can't deal with these infuriating intersections, but I can!" JCMs, take a break? smiley

Post edited by RenderPretender on

this looks awesome

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,163

Just tried to follow instructions from https://github.com/princeton-vl/infinigen

but failed with the error: No module named 'gin'

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

WendyLuvsCatz said:

this looks awesome

WendyLuvsCatz,

Fascinating! I watched the video and something at 1:46 caught my eye:

"Infinigen is 100% procedural ... Math rules only. Zero AI. Just graphics."

And this stuff runs on Blender? Wow!

Cheers!

The only problem is, that it requires a special version of Blender, that needs to be build from scratch.

They promise better instructions and maybe ready build version of the Blender, later on.

While searching for Infinigen, I have found a 7 years old references, so it is really long research project.

edited June 2023

For those interested, here are four more experimental DAZ-through-SD shots. Even if I had enough VRAM to use ControlNet, I still wouldn't be able to control poses or camera aspects as I can in DAZ. So the supine pose and horizontal aspect in the second image worked out well in this DAZ-through SD effort. SD does not do well with facial profiles or drawing portions of the human face that are not visible in the original render, so I have to present as full a face to the AI as I can while composing. The AI respected the background and props very well.

G3F-Lindsay - AI Test-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 1M
    G3F-Lindsay - AI Test 2-merge-burn50.png
    1024 x 706 - 1M
    G3F-Lindsay - AI Test 3-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 1M
    G3F-Lindsay - AI Test 4-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited June 2023

Daz sources Controlnet Shuffle

Trying controlnet shuffle and refference to get camere and scenery variation . Model i`ve used seem not really picking up the old western style from my daz >blender render . But thats ok . I bet for modern or futuristic type of 3D render , those controlnet will be just fine

grid-0001.png
    2832 x 1024 - 4M
    731dee7543b529e866060da7be40f4.jpg
    1892 x 1024 - 187K
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
    edited June 2023

it is crazy how one can reimagine renders with AI

a death wizard casting spells in a cave with flight of steps with a burning torch by the entrance, lots of vegetation and lichen

this will be an animation when done and you should be able to see traces of the original in it

death000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    death000.png
    1208 x 672 - 1M
    death016.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    death016.png
    1208 x 672 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,789
    edited June 2023

So far the biggest game changer for me has been the free 360 AI generated environments by “Blockadelabs”

I convert them to HDRI with infinity   AFFINITY designer.
    and am using them for the panable backgrounds for my current animated film “Ghost Origins”
    https://vimeo.com/835802837

@juvesatriani

Have you tried the free 360 generated environments from Blockade labs?

They have changed my entire animation workflow
    and they work in blender (with cycles only)

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

wolf359 said:

So far the biggest game changer for me has been the free 360 AI generated environments by “Blockadelabs”

I convert them to HDRI with infinity designer.
    and am using them for the panable backgrounds for my current animated film “Ghost Origins”

The 360 generator is cool. What is Infinity Designer? 

• DiabolaDiabola Posts: 16

Geminii23 said:

@valzheimer - Yeah. I've been using DAZ as a hobby for many years and recently storyboarded an entire film project with it. Many people were surprised and impressed with my storyboards and have never heard of DAZ. But I was really depressed in seeing one of my colleagues and my own brother use AI to create artwork for their own projects in record time. I love using DAZ but it made feel like I''ve wasted so much time and money all these years if people can just type some keywords into a text box and spit out great looking pre-vis artwork.

You have definitely NOT wasted time or money.  You've had a hobby that you've enjoyed for many years and has been rewarding for you.  Does AI change the landscape going forward?  Or course.  But that doesn't in any way devalue what you've already accomplished.

Diabola said:

Geminii23 said:

@valzheimer - Yeah. I've been using DAZ as a hobby for many years and recently storyboarded an entire film project with it. Many people were surprised and impressed with my storyboards and have never heard of DAZ. But I was really depressed in seeing one of my colleagues and my own brother use AI to create artwork for their own projects in record time. I love using DAZ but it made feel like I''ve wasted so much time and money all these years if people can just type some keywords into a text box and spit out great looking pre-vis artwork.

You have definitely NOT wasted time or money.  You've had a hobby that you've enjoyed for many years and has been rewarding for you.  Does AI change the landscape going forward?  Or course.  But that doesn't in any way devalue what you've already accomplished.

I agree completely. Don't devalue your efforts. I have been struggling with the seme feelings, but (see my posts above) I'm trying to address them by using AI as a tool in my workflow with the objective of pushing my DAZ characters closer to photorealism, which has been a constant frustration with DAZ alone. Don't give up. Try to see AI as a tool in a creative continuum, as opposed to a replacement that threatens to cancel your chosen medium.

RenderPretender said:

Diabola said:

Geminii23 said:

I agree completely. Don't devalue your efforts. I have been struggling with the seme feelings, but (see my posts above) I'm trying to address them by using AI as a tool in my workflow with the objective of pushing my DAZ characters closer to photorealism, which has been a constant frustration with DAZ alone. Don't give up. Try to see AI as a tool in a creative continuum, as opposed to a replacement that threatens to cancel your chosen medium.

We can't second guess or change the past, we can only learn from it.  You used the tools available to you then,  and now the tool options are expanding. I would say you learned significantly more doing it the more traditional way of storyboarding,  easier is not necessarily better.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited June 2023

wolf359 said:

I convert them to HDRI with infinity   AFFINITY designer.
    https://vimeo.com/835802837

@juvesatriani

Have you tried the free 360 generated environments from Blockade labs?

They have changed my entire animation workflow
    and they work in blender (with cycles only)

Ah, Affinity Designer. How well does it convert? It won't have the same dynamic range that a true HDRI has, right? Or do you further edit to add more to the end result? Since it's animated, maybe it's not as much as a concern.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Looks great. I use such 360 environments in Unity as a skyboxes.

They look great, but I miss the possibility to get light from them,

so no shadows, as a result.

I have taken my Daz Studio render from my Gallery...

and processed it in Control Net in Stable Diffusion

First example

Second example

Third example

This was easy, because no fingers were involved.

Then I have took another Daz Studio render

and processed it also in Control Net in Stable Diffusion

Another example