Remixing your art with AI

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,163

Yes, I agree. Wendy productions are innovative, well made and inspiring.

All the best for you, @WendyLuvsCatz

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,621

Agreed Wendy is very creative !

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

nah, I just reuse other's stuff be it 3D assets or AI

I used to draw when I was younger but I wouldn't call my scribbles art blush

but that is what this thread is supposed to be about, a mash up

This started as a 3d render.

11longtears.jpg
    334 x 751 - 98K
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,789
    edited May 2023

Latey I have been using a service called voice.ai to narrate some of my videos.
    Everthing in the 3 minute clip is AI generated except the female speaker who was animated
    in MOHO 13.5

Post edited by wolf359 on

mixed media video

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mixed media video

Fascinating. It's almost like a movie camera was set to record each frame as it passed thorugh an infinite number of similar dimensions. The music is a perfect fit, all in all fun to sit back and relax while watching.

-- Walt Sterdan 

• ablazeablaze Posts: 61

That final zoom in,  with cats materializing while approaching the infinite limit is eerily creepy.

wsterdan said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mixed media video

Fascinating. It's almost like a movie camera was set to record each frame as it passed thorugh an infinite number of similar dimensions. The music is a perfect fit, all in all fun to sit back and relax while watching.

-- Walt Sterdan 

well it is a batch img2img conversion of the 2 DAZ renders that follow it with the same prompt and seed wink

ones after are Deforum using just the prompt 

• eheugaldeeheugalde Posts: 3

This are some tests I did in SD, and while the realism goes up exponentialy, I think I need more tests before I could use it for actual production.  

Sin título.png
    1559 x 2934 - 3M
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited May 2023

Has the question of whether or not it's okay under the new EULA terms to use our Daz-made renders forAI remixing been addressed anywhere? I did check that other thread but found nothing helpful and it's long since closed. I've a few things in mind to work with as remixes -- on my own computer, not an online service like MidJourney, etc. -- but very hesitant to use anything until I have a better idea what Daz policy is. 

Once upon a time, I'd have no worries about turning stuff from my old renders into brushes and tubes for personal or even commercial use in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. These days I'm not sure doing that won't get me into trouble, especially if the new image I'll be using said brush/PSP tube on was fully or partly generated using an AI.  

Post edited by Byrdie on
    edited May 2023

photo of my late cat (forum avatar ) with a selfie video using Runway

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,789
    edited May 2023

eheugalde said:

This are some tests I did in SD, and while the realism goes up exponentialy, I think I need more tests before I could use it for actual production.  

@eheugalde

Those look great hopefully more coherant processing  of animation frames will be possible.

it is also possible to animate the face of your Daz character still renders with AI

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

Fascinating additions since I last visited.  Great stuff, all contributors.  Wendy, you are an inspiration!

wolf359 said:

eheugalde said:

@eheugalde

Those look great hopefully more coherant processing  of animation frames will be possible.

it is also possible to animate the face of your Daz character still renders with AI

Super impressive.

-- Walt Sterdan 

Started as a Daz render

Gorgeous.

-- Walt Sterdan

rigging AI images as blimps using Transfer Utility 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Interesting (and cute); where do the blimps come in? I'm obviously missing something regarding using the AI images with Transfer Utility.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited June 2023

wsterdan said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Interesting (and cute); where do the blimps come in? I'm obviously missing something regarding using the AI images with Transfer Utility.

-- Walt Sterdan

I should have explained but there ae a few ways to create them, you need the background removed

this one is a cutout with volume created using a Carrara plugin by Philemo

I have also used Alpha to Mesh in Zbrush and masking and extract under subtools to make them 

basically any modelling program that can cut out a silhouette/billboard and give it some volume like a cushion

the Carrara one the UV matches the image

initially so does the Zbrush ones but I end up Zremeshing them and then creating a planar UV and projecting the image on using Polypaint and Spotlight

or you can do that in a UV mapping program as the shape of the island still the same if planar it just needs scaling if image not square

Ah, got it, thanks! Carrara blimps! Thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated.

-- Walt Sterdan

This one also started as a Daz render/

FirstBastion said:

I really, really love the "illustrated" look you've got here. I find it far more beautiful than anything simply photorealistic.

-- Walt Sterdan 

wsterdan said:

FirstBastion said:

I really, really love the "illustrated" look you've got here. I find it far more beautiful than anything simply photorealistic.

-- Walt Sterdan 

+1

WendyLuvsCatz said:

wsterdan said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

-- Walt Sterdan

I should have explained but there ae a few ways to create them, you need the background removed

this one is a cutout with volume created using a Carrara plugin by Philemo

I have also used Alpha to Mesh in Zbrush and masking and extract under subtools to make them 

basically any modelling program that can cut out a silhouette/billboard and give it some volume like a cushion

the Carrara one the UV matches the image

initially so does the Zbrush ones but I end up Zremeshing them and then creating a planar UV and projecting the image on using Polypaint and Spotlight

or you can do that in a UV mapping program as the shape of the island still the same if planar it just needs scaling if image not square

Wendy, your skill set is amazing!

the blimps too weird so back to DAZ characters but with one AI background and AI generated soundtrack

Cool.  What do you use to create the AI-generated soundtrack?

edited June 2023

Diomede said:

Cool.  What do you use to create the AI-generated soundtrack?

https://www.songr.ai/ 

it is actually in the description wink

an AI version (images batch processed in Stable Diffusion and interpolated)

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,039
    edited June 2023

I know I'm late to this thread and that it's spawned its share of heartburn on the topic of AI, but I wanted to acknowledge the many wonderful examples of its use here as a tool in a workflow, and to share a few of my early tests. For the longest time, I have been plagued by my inability to push my 3D renders over that frustrating, though increasingly permeable, line into reality. I'm hardly the first to do this, but using a locally installed instance of Stable Diffusion as a sort of "post-production filter" in my workflow, I've wound up with a result that's at least somewhat aesthetically pleasing and promising to me. Starting out with DAZ renders of a morph-tweaked iteration of Krashwerks' Anuschka, I'm using an SD model called Paragon (in this instance), one of several that are very good at photorealism. Having found a balance between the Denoising and CFG factors in SD that respect both my text prompts and the input image (the raw 3d render), the net result is a hybrid of the original 3D render and the AI output that allows me to preserve the integrity of hands, feet, clothing, props, and some other features in postwork. Anuschka's face, as seen in the examples, is the AI's interpretation of her using just a breath of SD's Face Restore. Since the same person can look slightly different in the real world depending upon lighting and other factors, I find the facial fidelity across the output images to be satisfactorily believable, overcoming one of my biggest AI frustrations, next to hands and feet. Again, my goal is not to make a viewer commit to a perception that my images are photographs of real people, but only to cause them to believe it long enough for them to ask themselves whether the subjects might be real, and ultimately to allow them to fiind some beauty in the content. If I can do that, then - for now - my efforts are successful.

NOTE: One huge benefit to AI post-processing I've noticed is that the AI tends to identify and correct several notorious shortcomings of 3D rendering, such as telltale 3D facial characteristics, unconvincing interactions between soft bodyparts, as well as unrealistic collisions between soft bodyparts and solid or soft surfaces.

EDIT: I seem unable to upload images at the moment, so I'll come back to this.

G8F-Anuschka - Clothing Test-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 846K
    G8F-Anuschka - Clothing Test 2-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 764K
    G8F-Anuschka - Clothing Test 3-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 732K
    G8F-Anuschka - Clothing Test 4-merge-burn50.png
    706 x 1024 - 999K
    Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,291

RenderPretender said:

EDIT: I seem unable to upload images at the moment, so I'll come back to this.

Yeah, I've been trying for the past couple of days over at the "NPR" thread to try and get images uploaded. No go. I was able to post some images but that's only because they had been previously upload on the forum about a year ago, so was able to grab those images from a previous post. But for some reason, the forum won't let us post any new images. It's a real bummer and hopefully it's just a glitch that will be worked out soon.