Shopping Street crashes

2»

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Reality Hack said:

But I'm not supposed to be able to render it because my 3070 only has 8GB of VRAM?

But as you have both the GPU and CPU selected as rendering devices, it means the CPU is doing the work and now failing means you have run out of RAM and using virtual memory on the drive, which is not working as it should (not the first time DS doesn't like going to virtual memory)
    The only successful render in the log you posted, lasted for almost 3 hours... That's watching the paint dry = CPU rendering.
    My previous GPU (2070 Super) hardly ever took more than an hour to render scenes that fit the 8GB VRAM 

Ie. As per my previous post, you don't have enough VRAM or RAM for that scene.

As for other scenes starting not to render... Maybe your Virtual memory paging file has become fragmented and that is the reason for the problems. Try setting your Virtual memory on an other drive to see if that makes a difference, or you could get more RAM.

• Apparently, you were right about it being the virtual memory paging file. I switched it to a MUCH faster HD (for some reason it was on my slowest backup drive) and changed the min/max to appropriate amounts. And now everything appears to be rendering just fine so far.

Thank you so much! This probably should have occurred to me. I think I was just hung up on the idea that everything was rendering fine one minute, and the next it was crashing my computer.

Thanks again!