is it possible to increase the size of the menu fonts in studio 4.8.

13»

Comments

• function said:

Can I dig this post out 3 years after the last reply? Is there anyway to solve the font problem? 

32 inch with 2560 x 1440 is really difficult to my eye. crying

As was said, it is not a trivial matter. There is a workaround for Windows users using the OS font scaling.

I installed DAZ 3D for the first time because I was looking for a 3D tool to support my graphics projects.
    DAZ 3D is free - at least the studio and some starter sets. But in the end, if you want to do more, you have to pay for it. That's absolutely ok and I think it's great that the studio is free.
    But... already at the first start of DAZ Studio I had exactly the same problem as many here. The fonts are much too small! And the first post here was in 2015, so about 5 years ago! And the developers have no solution to offer in that time and there is only the workaround to increase the scaling in Windows for the monitor. This is not really a solution for me!
    And as a new user - who didn't know DAZ until now - I'm already asking myself if I shouldn't look around for another tool that is able to scale the UI better or at least the fonts.

Yes, I have read that they are working on it. And yes, I have read that it is not a trivial problem. I come from IT, but I'm not in IT anymore because I'm a bit older now (that's why I have problems with my eyes... everybody will have that sometime when they get older...). But after about 5 years you should see at least a little progress. But apparently the developers are not able to do that, or the priority is not high enough for them. As I said, I come from IT, I started programming when I was young (although I haven't done so for a long time), but I come from a time when most people here probably didn't even know what a computer was. 5 years and no progress? There are simply no more excuses for! Either the developers are not able to solve the problem, then they should get professional help! Or it is just ignorance, which I will not assume now!

Sorry, but this is no way for DAZ to make new friends!

• Vol46Vol46 Posts: 5
    edited March 2021

Since the authors of the program do not want to hear the requests of users, you can try to do it yourself. No changes to the system settings! Here is what the standard font looks like and the font after the changes. Only for versions 4.14, 4.15! You need to:

1 - Download a file QtGui4.dll from the link.

2. Replace the file in the Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DazStudio4 folder with it. (Save or rename original file)

Link removed

Old.png
    1921 x 1167 - 229K
    New.png
    1921 x 1165 - 252K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • vladncvladnc Posts: 8

Richard Haseltine said:

As was said, it is not a trivial matter. There is a workaround for Windows users using the OS font scaling.

That workaround makes everything blurry, which is just as bad. I'll try that DLL tomorrow.

• vladncvladnc Posts: 8
    edited March 2021

Later edit: Sorry for the duplicate comment, for some reason there was a delay and some errors when I made the comments.

Post edited by vladnc on
  • Vol46 said:

Since the authors of the program do not want to hear the requests of users,

It's not  a matter of not wanting to hear, it's a matter of its being a major undeertaking that will break plug-in compatibility.

you can try to do it yourself. No changes to the system settings! Here is what the standard font looks like and the font after the changes. Only for versions 4.14, 4.15! You need to:

1 - Download a file QtGui4.dll from the link.

2. Replace the file in the Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DazStudio4 folder with it. (Save or rename original file)

link removed

That sounds, at best, high-risk - and that link didn't look official, so it may not be in accord with the EULA.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,869

The ability to increase DS's UI is long overdue. I recently purchased a 32 inch 4k monitor and the UI/font is just so tiny.

• DouglasDouglas Posts: 2

Hi all

I'm on 24" at 125 dpi with blurred UI fonts, I tested "compatibility" tab solution but is there a "dpi scaling" working in progress feature for newer releases ?

Thanks all community and developers for your great work !

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

It has been NINE WHOLE YEARS and there is still no fix for this other than the "try adjusting your OS/Windows system font scaling", which is not really much of a solution, especially for those of us with older eyes and impaired vision. Yes, I have done as suggested, many times. No, it is NOT satisfactory and I still struggle with the Studio UI to the point of pain and strain from trying to see what I am doing. And may I add that, being legally blind and having my system already set up to work as well as possible with what is left of my eyesight, using Daz at all is no mean feat. Which is now a big reason why I tend to avoid using it unless no other alternative. Honestly, I have given up on ever seeing dpi scaling in this program. Sorry, but that's the truth, Daz. I would dearly love to be proven wrong whenever Studio 5 gets here but I'm not holding my breath. :-(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

The situation remains as before - changing this requires a nwe version of the Qt application framework, a new version of the Qt application framework will break all plug-ins and probably some scripts. DS 5 is going to get a new Qt version, but clearly there will be a price to be paid in terms of lost add-on features (DS 4 will remain available for those) and/or cost to buy a new version of the plug-in - which is why daz has not changed this yet.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Uh huh, 's what I figured. Don't suppose there's any more news on Daz 5 yet? Hope it's not too far away, I'm honestly not sure I've got another 9 years left in me at the rate I'm going now. frown

And yeah, I know you're all doing your best, Richard. But it's just sooooo frustrating!