Icon Creator Pro [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,261

Mike I couldnt get it, and i showed a daz artist that I pay to help me with stuff when i cant figure it out and he couldnt get it either, can you please provide screenshots so i can follow how to get it working easier, thanks

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 294

VicS said:

Mike I couldnt get it, and i showed a daz artist that I pay to help me with stuff when i cant figure it out and he couldnt get it either, can you please provide screenshots so i can follow how to get it working easier, thanks

Sure ... (I have all screen shots in the attachments)

1) Deleting only the previous config file ... (Use this method if you want to overwrite the previous version and change only the existing config file. Load the new version of the Icon Creator Pro, before or after the next steps - it doesn't matter)

-- Open your DAZ Studio and navigate to your Content Library to the folder "Your Library/Scripts/MikeD/Icon Creator Pro" like the path I have in the red box on the left ... My root library for this is "3D All My Products" (at the top of the red box), but yours will be your main Library instead ... (Screen Shot 1)

-- Left click on the "Icon Creator Pro" folder (the one pointed with the green arrow) and then Right Click anywhere in the grey area to its right (Anywhere near the "Right click in here" red-white box). (Screen Shot 1)

-- A pop up will be shown like the one between the red arrows. Left click on the 'Browse to Folder Location...' (the yellow highlighted arrea pointed with the red arrow to the right) (Screen Shot 1)

-- The windows explorer will pop up. (Screen Shot 2)

-- Choose the "Icon_Creator_Pro.cfg" file (pointed with the red arrow) and delete it (Screen Shot 2)

-- You are ready.

2) Deleting the whole folder of Icon Creator Pro ... (Use this method if you want a clean install of the Icon Creator Pro. In this case first follow the next steps and install the new version of Icon Creator Pro after you have done with the next steps)

-- Open your DAZ Studio and navigate to your Content Library to the folder "Your Library/Scripts/MikeD/" like the path I have in the red box on the left ... My root library for this is "3D All My Products" (at the top of the red box), but yours will be your main Library instead ... (Screen Shot 3)

-- Left click on the "MikeD" folder (the highlighed one pointed with the green arrow) and then Right Click anywhere in the grey area to its right (Anywhere near the "Right click in here" red-white box). (Screen Shot 3)

-- A pop up will be shown like the one between the red arrows. Left click on the 'Browse to Folder Location...' (the yellow highlighted arrea pointed with the red arrow to the right) (Screen Shot 3)

-- The windows explorer will pop up. (Screen Shot 4). Your folders will be different than mine, as this is the folder for all my scripts, but somewhere there it will be the "Icon Creator Pro" folder, if you have already installed it to your library!

-- Choose the folder "Icon Creator Pro" (pointed with the red arrow) and delete it (Screen Shot 4)

-- You are ready now to install the new version. - The new version will be installed at the same location if something going wrong and you want to repeat the steps ...

I hope you get it ...

- Mike

ScreenShot 1.png
    1920 x 1040 - 229K
    ScreenShot 2.png
    1011 x 863 - 109K
    ScreenShot 3.png
    1920 x 1040 - 213K
    ScreenShot 4.png
    1011 x 863 - 132K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277

I am a happy Icon Creator Pro user, and I just want to say thank you, @MikeD, for participating in these forums and generously helping customers.

barbult said:

I am a happy Icon Creator Pro user, and I just want to say thank you, @MikeD, for participating in these forums and generously helping customers.

heart

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,261

thanks Mike!

• ElorElor Posts: 756
    edited May 5

Hello,

It's a great tool and a huge time saver for rendering cleaner and better icons smiley

I have a couple of problems with the current version (and don't know if it's a problem with the script or if I'm doing something wrong so I'm hoping wiser minds will be able to sort them):

1. There is a small typo when I'm trying to launch Icon Creator without any asset selected in the Content Library (written Lebrary in this case):

2. If Local Dimension is 'On' on the camera used to render an icon, with a resolution higher than the one set in the script (512x512 in my case), the render will be slower, as if the script was using the Local dimension as a target instead of using the resolution I set. I said as if because the final tip file is a 512x512 file, but the rendering time was in line with the rendering time of that same scene at the resolution set in the Local Dimension tab of the camera.

Here are the results of a test with a scene small enough to render in a couple of minutes with my CPU (Victoria 8.1, hair, clothes and the default beach HDRI):

a. Scene with Local dimension set to Off:

Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : CPU: 432 iterations, 4.608s init, 35.634s render
    [INFO] :: Finished Rendering
    [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 46.83 seconds

b. Scene with Local Dimension set to On (1024x1024):

Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : CPU: 400 iterations, 4.197s init, 123.164s render
    [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 13.53 seconds

c. Render done at 1024x1024 (using the Render button):

[INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 23.75 seconds
    [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : Device statistics:
    [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : CPU: 414 iterations, 4.527s init, 131.892s render

Is it possible to automatically reduce the rendering resolution in this case (eventually keeping the ratio used if the camera is not a 1:1 for the people who are using a non square tip picture) ? If it's not, raising an alert could be useful to avoid unusually long rendering time.

content_lebrary.png
    532 x 245 - 29K
    Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

Hello,

It's a great tool and a huge time saver for rendering cleaner and better icons smiley

I have a couple of problems with the current version (and don't know if it's a problem with the script or if I'm doing something wrong so I'm hoping wiser minds will be able to sort them):

1. There is a small typo when I'm trying to launch Icon Creator without any asset selected in the Content Library (written Lebrary in this case):

2. If Local Dimension is 'On' on the camera used to render an icon, with a resolution higher than the one set in the script (512x512 in my case), the render will be slower, as if the script was using the Local dimension as a target instead of using the resolution I set. I said as if because the final tip file is a 512x512 file, but the rendering time was in line with the rendering time of that same scene at the resolution set in the Local Dimension tab of the camera.

Here are the results of a test with a scene small enough to render in a couple of minutes with my CPU (Victoria 8.1, hair, clothes and the default beach HDRI):

a. Scene with Local dimension set to Off:

Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : CPU: 432 iterations, 4.608s init, 35.634s render
    [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 46.83 seconds

b. Scene with Local Dimension set to On (1024x1024):

Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : CPU: 400 iterations, 4.197s init, 123.164s render
    [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 13.53 seconds

c. Render done at 1024x1024 (using the Render button):

[INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 23.75 seconds
    [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : Device statistics:
    [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : CPU: 414 iterations, 4.527s init, 131.892s render

Is it possible to automatically reduce the rendering resolution in this case (eventually keeping the ratio used if the camera is not a 1:1 for the people who are using a non square tip picture) ? If it's not, raising an alert could be useful to avoid unusually long rendering time.

Hi Elor,

Sorry for the late answer!

1. Thanks alot for the heads up ... I'll correct this typo in the next update!

2. TBH I ignored this camera's feature ("Use Local Dimensions") so I digged a little bit into that ...
    The Icon Creator workflow is:

• The script takes your current render settings
    • It set new render settings (aspect ratio 1:1 and the dimensions stated in the script)
    • It set the render camera (In this point it seems that the camera's local dimensions bypasses the script's stated icon size)
    • It takes the render image and it makes the image layers (in this point it distorts the render if the image is not 1:1 as the whole script is based on 1:1 aspect ratio)
    • It saves the outcome and restores the original render settings

I can add a check to disable temporarily the "Local Dimensions" for the render camera, in a future update, but I cannot change the tip icon into a custom aspect ratio (although it is a very good idea) as the whole code relies on 1:1 aspect ratio...

Thanks for your very interesting comment

- Mike

• ElorElor Posts: 756
    edited May 16

Hello,

Thank you for you answer and don't worry about the delay: my previous message sat in my draft for weeks, so I was not in a hurry because the product is working great smiley

Regarding the tip file ratio, I beg to differ and I think your sitting on the perfect case of "It's not a bug, it's a feature" laugh : the current version of Icon Creator Pro is capable of producing a tip.png file respecting a camera's aspect ratio. So if the bug is not breaking anything else, maybe you can keep it as nifty trick for advanced users smiley

Pinky promise, this is a tip file produced by Icon Creator Pro (I don't know if uploading the file will keep the creation and modification date, but the discrepency between the two is because my initial testing was done in March and then I did some yesterday to check I didn't create the tip file myself in March):

It's only happening if the width of the tip file is exactly the same as the width of the camera: a difference of one pixel is enough to get a square tip file.

I can't know for sure why, but my best guess is that the part of Icon Creator Pro doing the resizing after the render is done is only comparing the width of the render with the tip icon size value. If both are equal, the script is happy to keep the render file as a tip.png file avoiding the resizing step, preserving the aspect ratio in the process, saving a couple of compute ressources too.

On the other hand, it's not possible to get a normal size icon with the correct aspect ratio: I think I tried all possible ways of getting there, but still my best guess, for the normal icon size your script is directly doing the resizing without any test between the width of the render and the normal size icon value.

Test_Icon_Pro.tip.png
    512 x 910 - 689K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • Digital Art LiveDigital Art Live Posts: 123
    edited May 21

Digital Art Live is featuring Mike D's IconCreatorPro with a visual guide to using it as well as two of his other asset management tools (including the Autosave Suite) this Sunday 25th May.
    https://digitalartlive.com/event/daz-studio-pro-tools-scene-file-and-asset-management/

Why Attend?

• Enhance your DAZ Studio efficiency with expert tips and tricks.
    • Gain hands-on knowledge from the script’s creator, Mike D.
    • Interactive Q&A sessions to address your specific questions.
    • Get your scene files backed up and your content better managed!

This is for you if…

• You want to streamline your workflow: Discover how to save time and effort by automating file management, icon creation, and library organization.
    • You aim to enhance the visual appeal of your assets: Learn to create professional-quality icons that make your products stand out in the DAZ marketplace.
    • You seek to optimize your asset management: Gain tips and techniques for efficiently backing up, archiving, and accessing your scene files and prese
    Post edited by Digital Art Live on