Icon Creator Pro [Commercial]

MikeDMikeD Posts: 291

Welcome to the Icon Creator Pro script by MikeD! You can use this script to create icons for the assets (files) of Content Library of DAZ Studio. This script is ideal for DAZ’s PAs, content creators or any advanced user. It offers you great speed in your workflow and it can be programmed to load your selected assets in the scene by its own, without your constant presence. This makes it perfect for mass creating icons like Material Presets etc.

It gives you the ability to use different images for the normal icon and for the tip icon. You are allowed to adjust the size of the icons (normal and tip), to keep up with future changes in DAZ’s standards. It is very easy to use, as it is based on layers system like the photo-editing software. Its usage is similar to that of the icon creation page of the Map Master Pro script, so, if you have already purchased the Map Master Pro, you will find this script familiar. Setting presets allows you to quickly reuse the same layer formats without recreating them from scratch. For the layers you can use both the default script images and custom images of your choice, enriching your library.

Now that it is required for all Content Library assets to have tip icons, this script is a must have for any content creator, as it can save you precious time and effort.

13 June 2023 -> Updated to V 1.1

MDIC_Main_Promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 675K
MDIC_Promo_03.jpg
1002 x 935 - 630K
MDIC_Promo_04.jpg
1845 x 908 - 977K
MDIC_Promo_05.jpg
1002 x 935 - 553K
MDIC_Promo_06.jpg
1001 x 527 - 262K
MDIC_Promo_07.jpg
709 x 764 - 444K
Post edited by MikeD on

Comments

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 291
    edited June 2022

[Released]

The Icon Creator Pro is now live!

You can find a video presentation here!

Post edited by MikeD on
  • TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

Great timing for this release, as I am working on wrapping up a new character product. Purchased and used this product to create all those icons for makeup, nails, eyes, etc.

Only issue I have noticed are occasional artifacts with transparent backgrounds. That is, when I have the environment dome off in render settings before I start, some of the rendered icons end up with weird artifacts. Most are fine. When I select just those mis-rendered icons and use the script again, they turn out fine. So far, I have not noticed any problems when the dome is on.

Thanks for this timesaver!

Tim

Timotheus said:

Great timing for this release, as I am working on wrapping up a new character product. Purchased and used this product to create all those icons for makeup, nails, eyes, etc.

Only issue I have noticed are occasional artifacts with transparent backgrounds. That is, when I have the environment dome off in render settings before I start, some of the rendered icons end up with weird artifacts. Most are fine. When I select just those mis-rendered icons and use the script again, they turn out fine. So far, I have not noticed any problems when the dome is on.

Thanks for this timesaver!

Tim

Thank you Tim ....

Indeed there is this issue with the transparent Backgrounds (I mentioned it in the manual too), as it is caused by DAZ Studio itself and this is not a script mistake ... If you repeat the renders, it may not occure, as you said, but it is pure luck. I suggest (I have it in the manual too) to use a solid background or a color from the color picker.

Another issue, you may notice, is that the script cannot remove some assets from the scene, if you have the coresponding checkbox selected.

Thanks again Tim ....

• For two days now, Icon Creator Pro has been changing the aspect ratio of the created icons. What am I doing wrong? See below. First Icon: Icon Creator Pro, Second Icon: normal render

• siehe oben

Amber-01.png
    91 x 91 - 11K
    Amber-02.png
    91 x 91 - 13K

Hmmm ... Interesting ... Certainly it is not Icon Creator configuration error for sure. It is locked to the aspect ratio of 1:1 and I have no choice about this in the settings so you can not break it. If it worked for some time in your DS means it is not code error either ... It should pop earlier if it was ... I made some tests to see if it is still working with current version of DS ... The attached images is from DS 4.21.0.5 and it looks functional ...

Still, I am curious for the reason of this aspect ratio change ... What is your DS version?

I' ll try to think anything else that could cause it, and I'll reply if something will come to my mind...

(First attachment--> Normal Render, middle --> Icon Render 91x91, last attachment Icon Render 256x256)

IC Test 15_Nov_2022.png
    256 x 256 - 78K
    Update Multi Morphs Pro.png
    91 x 91 - 13K
    Update Multi Morphs Pro.tip.png
    256 x 256 - 77K
  • Thanks for your efforts. The problem seems somehow related to the last update of Daz. In any case, this would fit in time. I'll reinstall Icon Creator Pro and see what happens.

• The error only occurs if "Active viewport" is selected in the render settings under Dimension Preset. When set to "Custom", Icon Creator creates neat icons.

Thanks so much for the info .. It is good to know ... I never used the 'Active Viewport' option in my renders, so I probably never find that out ...  

Thanks for sharing ...

• Hey MikeD. Sorry to bother, but I seem to have issues where the pop up window is resizing outside my 1080 screen size now, and there is no optin to scale vertical. only horiziontal.

• meaznetmeaznet Posts: 3
    edited February 2023

Hi Mike.  Why does it create duplicates of every background I add into the additional folder I add to Custom Libraries?

Mike E.

Post edited by meaznet on

robertdanielsimmons said:

Hey MikeD. Sorry to bother, but I seem to have issues where the pop up window is resizing outside my 1080 screen size now, and there is no optin to scale vertical. only horiziontal.

Sorry ... I missed this message... never got a notification e-mail ... I am gonna make an update soon so I am gonna take care of it!

meaznet said:

Hi Mike.  Why does it create duplicates of every background I add into the additional folder I add to Custom Libraries?

Mike E.

I will take a look at this when I get back to my main PC... If any problem with the script I will fix it with an update!

• mdingmding Posts: 1,135

@MikeD:

Could you create an addon for the icon creator, which allows the user to add for example the "iray" or the "genesis8" badges etc. to already existing content icons? So instead of rendering the background, it would allow to load the existing icons of a product and add the chosen badges to the icon, then replacing the original with the enhanced version.

This way non-PA users could use your tool to make their smart or content library more accessible, and it would make your tool so much more versatile. 

Btw Zev0 has also created addons for his tools, so it's nothing special:

https://www.daz3d.com/camera-magic-plus--pose-add-on

This is an addon for his https://www.daz3d.com/camera-magic product.

Thanks!

edited March 2023

mding said:

@MikeD:

Could you create an addon for the icon creator, which allows the user to add for example the "iray" or the "genesis8" badges etc. to already existing content icons? So instead of rendering the background, it would allow to load the existing icons of a product and add the chosen badges to the icon, then replacing the original with the enhanced version.

This way non-PA users could use your tool to make their smart or content library more accessible, and it would make your tool so much more versatile. 

Thanks!

Hey mding ...

Yes I could do it and it is a very easy script to be done, altough id needs some writing, BUT... you can already do this (for mutliple files simultaneously) with a photo editing program like photoshop. Icon Creator pro main power is the ability to render the scene and create the icon... Anyway ...

• For now ... Take a look at the next links... you may find a lot of them in the net..
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbznnj35n3w
      https://www.ias.edu/itg/content/editing-batch-images-photoshop
    • I am gonna update the Icon Creator in the near future (propably next month). I may put an option to take as background the existing icons instead of rendering one if thre are no big changes in the code (sometimes it is easier to build a script from scratch than modify an old one!)
    • Yes I have these Zev0's product (awesome products BTW) but I cannot release an addon for Icon Creator just for one modification in the functionallity ....

Thanks for your feedback and your idea ... I may not release an add-on but propably you will see this feature in the update of IC pro...

- Mike

PS. You can find the icons for Genesis 8 or Iray etc in the Icon Creator Pro library folder (or in the data folder of the product)...

Post edited by MikeD on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

I use this product on an almost daily basis! So useful!

MikeD said:

mding said:

@MikeD:

Thanks!

Hey mding ...

Yes I could do it and it is a very easy script to be done, altough id needs some writing, BUT... you can already do this (for mutliple files simultaneously) with a photo editing program like photoshop. Icon Creator pro main power is the ability to render the scene and create the icon... Anyway ...

• For now ... Take a look at the next links... you may find a lot of them in the net..
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbznnj35n3w
      https://www.ias.edu/itg/content/editing-batch-images-photoshop
    • I am gonna update the Icon Creator in the near future (propably next month). I may put an option to take as background the existing icons instead of rendering one if thre are no big changes in the code (sometimes it is easier to build a script from scratch than modify an old one!)
    • Yes I have these Zev0's product (awesome products BTW) but I cannot release an addon for Icon Creator just for one modification in the functionallity ....

Thanks for your feedback and your idea ... I may not release an add-on but propably you will see this feature in the update of IC pro...

- Mike

PS. You can find the icons for Genesis 8 or Iray etc in the Icon Creator Pro library folder (or in the data folder of the product)...

Wow, thankyou very much,  @MikeD!!

When I bought the plugin i also had kitbashed elements without icons in mind, i don't doubt it is very useful for non-PA's like me, too.

But i also liked the idea of making my library prettier, lol, and the first thing i did was to create for me additional "Genesis 2" badges using your icons as a model in the background layer in gimp, before i realized that this option wasn't part of the plugin. So thankyou very much for pointing me to the batch processing direction! I am lazy, so if you should add that feature, i will in the future rather use your plugin for that lol.

Thanks again for your kind and helpful answer!

Ok ... Icon Creator Pro has been updated ... I took into consideration all your comments ...

mding I added a check box to add layers to the existing icons without render new ones for tagging your products ... wink

MikeD said:

Ok ... Icon Creator Pro has been updated ... I took into consideration all your comments ...

mding I added a check box to add layers to the existing icons without render new ones for tagging your products ... wink

WOW, thankyou so much!!! I was a bit occupied the last days with a project,  and didn't pay attention to the update section, but today it caught my eye and I had to come here to see for myself, lol, so cool, thankyou!!

Tried it, works very fast converting a whole set of icons at a time! Thankyou!

• Hello

I suddenly get the following message: You have used an older version of the script! Opfen its folder, delete the old 'icon_Creation.cfg' file and run the script again!
    What can I do? Where can I even find this ominous file that I am suddenly supposed to delete?

mfrank01328_e9ea05b22a said:

Hello

I suddenly get the following message: You have used an older version of the script! Opfen its folder, delete the old 'icon_Creation.cfg' file and run the script again!
    What can I do? Where can I even find this ominous file that I am suddenly supposed to delete?

Sorry for late reply, you should find it by right - clicking  on the icon creator pro app icon in the smart pane and then  on "browse to file location". If you are not sure, copy the file to another location, delete it in the folder and start icon creator, it should work now without problems.

1.png
    741 x 1005 - 116K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

Fantastic! That video is Awesome!!!

I'd have never thought this product was This Amazing without seeing that video!

I am Buying This!!!

Very Nice, MikeD, Very Nice!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

Dartanbeck said:

Fantastic! That video is Awesome!!!

I'd have never thought this product was This Amazing without seeing that video!

I am Buying This!!!

Very Nice, MikeD, Very Nice!!!

...and now it's Mine!!! Thanks MikeD!!!

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,177

https://ibb.co/c2y4bww

Im getting this error message, I have tried everything, thanks for the help

I do not know which one to delete, did i miss that?

i deleted icon pro out of the folder and now the option to browse to file location isno longer there so that cant be good

will i have to reinstall, plese give specific directions for computer dummies, thanks

• Wow. Nice. Looks really handy. Thanks for making such a great tool.

VicS said:

i deleted icon pro out of the folder and now the option to browse to file location isno longer there so that cant be good

will i have to reinstall, plese give specific directions for computer dummies, thanks

I am very sorry for the late reply ... for some reason I am not getting any forum messages ...

Well, if you want to have a clean install delete all the folder of your previous Icon Creator installation ... You should find it into YourContentLibrary/Scripts/MikeD/Icon Creator Pro!

Then install the new version.

If you just want to delete the old configuration file, navigate into the previous location and locate the file: "Icon_Creator_Pro.cfg". Delete just that one and execute the new version of the script... It will create a new version of the configuration file

• MikeD said:

VicS said:

I am very sorry for the late reply ... for some reason I am not getting any forum messages ...

Reply notifications are broken, as are PM notifications.

Well, if you want to have a clean install delete all the folder of your previous Icon Creator installation ... You should find it into YourContentLibrary/Scripts/MikeD/Icon Creator Pro!

Then install the new version.

If you just want to delete the old configuration file, navigate into the previous location and locate the file: "Icon_Creator_Pro.cfg". Delete just that one and execute the new version of the script... It will create a new version of the configuration file

thanks Mike, Ill give it a try and let you know if i figured out