Rarestone gone? - part 2 - What's currently available

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited October 2022

franky85 said:

I just acquired Parah and she is almost a re-release of Rarestone's Judy. The body shape is the same. Head scale slightly different. Lips less puffy. Exact same skin texture, slightly paler.

And yeah Ravenstone's store just dissapeared from Rendo recently :-(

Well, on the basis that DAZ bought a lot of Rarestone's catalogue before they left then maybe they got Cinnabar in to do a makeover rather than just do a rerelease like they did with the others. 

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Luckily I purchased Kayla & Alisa from here before Rarestone/Ravenstone withdrew her products. Sad she's pulled out of the Other Site too. Could it be anything to do with the recent unrest in HK where she lives?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I got Rarestone's School Sports Clothes for Genesis 3 Female as today's All Saint's Day/Halloween freebie. I'm still disapointed that Rarestone is not making any more products in the DAZ 3D Store, but oh well.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

deepred6502 said:

Luckily I purchased Kayla & Alisa from here before Rarestone/Ravenstone withdrew her products. Sad she's pulled out of the Other Site too. Could it be anything to do with the recent unrest in HK where she lives?

Hard to say.  Rendo closed the store down after R*stone had not logged in for a month.  Since vendors there are responsible for CS, they had little choice. 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2022

Even Rarestone/Ravestones twitter has pretty much gone silent as well, with thei last post being June 14th. Hopefully they are okay, as it does become a bit concerning when anyone just goes silent like this.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Haruchai said:

franky85 said:

I just acquired Parah and she is almost a re-release of Rarestone's Judy. The body shape is the same. Head scale slightly different. Lips less puffy. Exact same skin texture, slightly paler.

Well, on the basis that DAZ bought a lot of Rarestone's catalogue before they left then maybe they got Cinnabar in to do a makeover rather than just do a rerelease like they did with the others. 

I don't have parah but i have Judy from when it was at daz, and i don't think the textures are the same at all from what i can tell. does seem to imitate the rendering style and art /character style tho.

• Does R*Stone have a blog or website to get news from, just in case?

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112

DisparateDreamer said:

Haruchai said:

franky85 said:

I don't have parah but i have Judy from when it was at daz, and i don't think the textures are the same at all from what i can tell. does seem to imitate the rendering style and art /character style tho.

Same moles / imperfections at exactly the same places. I'm only talking about the diffuse map.. didn't look at normals etc.

• Past as Future said:

Does R*Stone have a blog or website to get news from, just in case?

I would also like to know this in case anyone has info. I just found out today.

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94

She has also closed the store.

Renderosity

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

The whole thing is really strange. Rarestone exploded into the Daz store. She not only captured attention quickly and became a top PA, she even created a Daz core character. Then she disappeared without warning. She sold just about all her content to Daz which then became Daz Original. She showed up on Renderosity and seemed to be starting back up again there. However she ended up leaving them as well, though her free items are still up. It is worth pointing out that she is still a member of Renderosity, so there is are a tiny possibility she could post new content again. 

It is very hard to say what is going on. I hope she is doing well and is happy. Rarestone created some nice and unique content and I hope she is proud of that work, and that she knows there are people rooting for her where ever she may be.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

She must be paid more to produce content for businesses that don't sell to the general public.Supporting and making DAZ / Rendo content must be to big a time sink after she gets off her regular job.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

There's some content on https://posercontent.com/vendors/rarestone/1878, but it's all older stuff.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited March 2023

BeeMKay said:

There's some content on https://posercontent.com/vendors/rarestone/1878, but it's all older stuff.

That is a site that catalogues content and has links back to the stores where it's sold. Good as a reminder of what was released in the past but obviously the links to the withdrawn products are dead (didn't look further but if there is actual content there then it is warez).

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,538

Haruchai said:

BeeMKay said:

That is a site that catalogues content and has links back to the stores where it's sold. Good as a reminder of what was released in the past but obviously the links to the withdrawn products are dead (didn't look further but if there is actual content there then it is warez).

There is no actual content, just links to the legitimate stores. 

Posercontent is a good place for finding stuff, both current and extinct

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

Ah, sorry, I wasn't aware of that. It's not one of the sites I usually visit.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Luckily I think I bought out her whole store here except Minto Elder but then bought Minto Remaster on Rendo which I think is pretty similar. I was going to buy more on Rendo but didn't really check it out on time. So sad she's gone. Hopefully she's moved on to bigger and better things. Her morph packages were the best as were Emma & Jordy's which are now also gone. So glad I got all those morphs when I could. Another reason not to leave G8, I have so many great morphs! 

• hellmastershellmasters Posts: 17
    edited March 2023

Emmm...Maybe not my position to say so...

But he quit the business for good as for then. His successor is still around for now but hard to tell how long they would last...Sorry cannot provide any detail but you just don't have to worry about anything you don't need to.

Post edited by hellmasters on
  • Wonderland said:

<snip> Emma & Jordy's which are now also gone. <snip>

Emma & Jordi's morph are not gone, they just sell at Gumroad now. Google emma and jordi + gumroad, it will be the first result.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Can we add Peache to the list of PAs really, really missed. broken heart

• hellmasters said:

you just don't have to worry about anything you don't need to.

I mean, many of us here really liked RS' creative output and ofc were hoping for more, regardless of "where".

Personally, I once went through hassle of being a fan of artist who later abandoned "making for DAZ" completely (to pursue gamedev instead or something like that), so I know it hurts (especially when you consider chosen artist's works to be "the one of a kind" or something like that).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715

sunnyjei said:

broken heartbroken heart 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,789

sunnyjei said:

Huh?
    https://www.daz3d.com/peache#filtered=1

Perhaps thier items don't show up because you own them all?

WandW said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

Latest product released January 2021, that is, over two years & two months ago. She gone. 

edited April 2023

xyer0 said:

WandW said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

Latest product released January 2021, that is, over two years & two months ago. She gone. 

I can't even find the Deviantart page she mentioned a while back. Which is also really sad because her art renders were really nice as well. Hope she is well wherever she is.

WandW said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

I own most but there are a couple I don't-not because I don't like them but because I have something similiar enough and I do like seeing them pop up without having to unhide the things I already own.

Post edited by sunnyjei on
  • deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 297

sunnyjei said:

xyer0 said:

WandW said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

I can't even find the Deviantart page she mentioned a while back. Which is also really sad because her art renders were really nice as well. Hope she is well wherever she is.

WandW said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

I own most but there are a couple I don't-not because I don't like them but because I have something similiar enough and I do like seeing them pop up without having to unhide the things I already own.

They still show up for me. Maybe you have the "DAZ+ only" checkbox ticked?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,789

xyer0 said:

WandW said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

They are cashing their checks, or DAZ would have dropped them from the store....

Oskarsson last product released July 2021.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,043
    Now's a good time to snag any wishlisted Peache items, if you have tokens/banner, just in case her absence is a prelude to their removal. Looking at 79% to 82% off (and I don't have the G9 key item discount).

deepred6502 said:

sunnyjei said:

Huh?

They still show up for me. Maybe you have the "DAZ+ only" checkbox ticked?

I meant there are only a couple of Peache items I don't own. So I enjoy seeing the ones I don't own when they pop up on sale. I only see the items I own when I uncheck the 'hide owned'. I like how the promos look for those so may never end up buying them :)