Rarestone gone? - part 2 - What's currently available

Comments

• RR67RR67 Posts: 37

Is there a list somewhere of RareStone's products? I know I had a handful of them in my wishlist, but I removed them a few weeks back thinking they were gone forever. 

For example, I know the dForce RN Kids Outfit was on my list (https://posercontent.com/dforce-rn-kids-outfits-and-poses-for-genesis-8-females), but I don't know what else I might be missing. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

..I have that however in a simple pose the leggings collided with each other to the point they "merged"  together after the sim.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

boernerjp said:

Is the character in the nam terror set included with that bundle?

"Nam terror set" includes the character, dress, expressions and poses

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,789

boernerjp said:

Is there a list somewhere of RareStone's products? I know I had a handful of them in my wishlist, but I removed them a few weeks back thinking they were gone forever. 

For example, I know the dForce RN Kids Outfit was on my list (https://posercontent.com/dforce-rn-kids-outfits-and-poses-for-genesis-8-females), but I don't know what else I might be missing. 

Here...
    https://posercontent.com/vendors/rarestone/1878

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Oh you genius, you! @WandW, thank you! I'd been trying to figure out which rarestone products I owned, but with their vendor name not listed in the store anymore so no way to search,  and not being able to filter by vendor in my product library, I couldn't work out how to find a  list of all their products! Lol thank you!

WandW said:

Here...
    https://posercontent.com/vendors/rarestone/1878

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810

Here's something interesting. The character RAV Jang Hee-jin for Genesis 8.1 Female at Renderosity has suddenly disappeared from Ravenstone's store. It's fairly clear that Ravenstone is Rarestone under another name. We also know that DAZ has bought up a lot of Rare/Ravenstone's older characters. I don't know whether the disappearance means that Jang Hee-jin is likely to re-launch in the DAZ store, or whether Rare/Raven is disappointed with Renderosity as well and is moving somewhere else (Gumroad?) or ...

Anyway, there's another (ambiguous) data point for anyone trying to figure out what's going on.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I think one issue may have been that the character didn't conform to Rendo's standard licensing terms, being restricted from commercial renders and all.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906
    edited November 2021

Sevrin said:

I think one issue may have been that the character didn't conform to Rendo's standard licensing terms, being restricted from commercial renders and all.

It actually got changed, or was supposed to. I was back and forth with customer service about that, it was apparently a misunderstanding about the wording of the licensing when the readme was created. The customer service lady said it was fine for commercial use and that they were going to update the readme, I never looked after that exchange once I had it in writing that it was fine for commercial use. The thread that I was talking to someone else about that in was closed down so I didn't get to comment about it after I got the email, but since it's being brought up here, figured I'd mention that it was a-okay to use. 

Post edited by benniewoodell on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

At least they still have vendor profile there

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,392

benniewoodell said:

Sevrin said:

It actually got changed, or was supposed to. I was back and forth with customer service about that, it was apparently a misunderstanding about the wording of the licensing when the readme was created. The customer service lady said it was fine for commercial use and that they were going to update the readme, I never looked after that exchange once I had it in writing that it was fine for commercial use. The thread that I was talking to someone else about that in was closed down so I didn't get to comment about it after I got the email, but since it's being brought up here, figured I'd mention that it was a-okay to use. 

I was in contact with Ravenstone too, he said himself as well that he will change the readme. Probably that's why the product is unavailable right now. Would be just too good if he migrated back here ...

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited November 2021

tsroemi said:

benniewoodell said:

Sevrin said:

I was in contact with Ravenstone too, he said himself as well that he will change the readme. Probably that's why the product is unavailable right now. Would be just too good if he migrated back here ...

According to this deviantart, which features the last product of RS that was still in the store before the others returned as Daz Originals (said product is now a DO as well) Rarestone identifies as female cool

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Rarestone's face morph packs are back. Thanks DAZ! Looks like DAZ bought out all previous Rarestone products?
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 2021

I have created a list in the first post of what is and isn't available at the present time. The list is based on the products listed on this page, RareStone's Catalog | 3d Models for Daz Studio and Poser (posercontent.com), and includes products that may not have been removed from the store at any time e.g. Sakura 8. It is an up to date list of what is/is not available that Rarestone was involved in as a creator at release. I will update as anyone finds any rereleased and mentions in this thread and occasional researches by me.

Please let me know of any mistakes/omissions.

Thanks WandW for the link to that page and the many people in this thread on Rarestone watch :)

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Thanks @haruchai!
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited December 2021

CHWT said:

Rarestone's face morph packs are back. Thanks DAZ! Looks like DAZ bought out all previous Rarestone products?

Only the Male G8 face morph pack. It's now a DAZ Original. It would be great to learn how to "sculpt" without sculpting but use all the morphs instead.

And where is the Female G8 face morph pack? I bought it but I'd like it to be a DAZ Original too.

Speaking of these DAZ 3D tutorials, one I would pay for is at least one tutorial each for making a portrait likeness of say, Dianna Rigg and Patrick McNeal, using only those two face morph products plus the DAZ Originals Head Morphs, Body Morphs, Expressions for G8 Male/Female, and no other products. It doesn't have to be Dianna Rigg and Patrick McNeal, anu male & female well known enough so that source photos/film used as reliable judge if the student was getting a good job done making the likeness using only those morphs. 

Finally, the #1 Rarestone product I didn't get around to buying but want to buy is his Cartoon/Anime face morph pack for G8 Female. I was waiting for Rarestone to make a similar product Cartoon/Anime Male Face Morphs for G8 Male but Rarestone never did. I'd buy the Cartoon/Anime Female Face Morph pack if it ever showed back up in the store regardless!  

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,309

nonesuch00 said:

CHWT said:

Only the Male G8 face morph pack. It's now a DAZ Original. It would be great to learn how to "sculpt" without sculpting but all the morphs.

And where is the Female G8 face morph pack? I bought it but I'd like it to be a DAZ Original too.

Speaking of these DAZ 3D tutorials, one I would pay for is at least one tutorial each for making a portrait likeness of say, Dianna Rigg and Patrick McNeal, using only those two face morph products plus the DAZ Originals Head Morphs, Body Morphs, Expressions for G8 Male/Female, and no other products. It doesn't have to be Dianna Rigg and Patrick McNeal, anu male & female well known enough so that source photos/film used as reliable judge if the student was getting a good job done making the likeness using only those morphs. 

Finally, the #1 Rarestone product I didn't get around to buying but want to buy is his Cartoon/Anime face morph pack for G8 Female. I was waiting for Rarestone to make a similar product Cartoon/Anime Male Face Morphs for G8 Male but Rarestone never did. I'd buy the Cartoon/Anime Female Face Morph pack if it ever showed back up in the store regardless!  

The female pack is also a DAZ Original. It is listed on the first post of this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone-s-face-morphs-collection-for-genesis-8-female

Havos said:

nonesuch00 said:

CHWT said:

Only the Male G8 face morph pack. It's now a DAZ Original. It would be great to learn how to "sculpt" without sculpting but all the morphs.

The female pack is also a DAZ Original. It is listed on the first post of this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone-s-face-morphs-collection-for-genesis-8-female

Thanks. I completely missed it. Maybe I spelled Rarestone wrong when I searched in the DAZ Store.

And I am happy to see the female morph pack for The Girl 8 is in the DAZ Store as a DAZ Original. Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8 | Daz 3D

edited December 2021

nonesuch00 said:

Thanks. I completely missed it. Maybe I spelled Rarestone wrong when I searched in the DAZ Store.

And this will have been your problem, Rarestone has left the store and the products have been renamed so searching the store for Rarestone (however you spell it) will not help.

This particular product is now called 'Face Morphs Collection for Genesis 8 Female' but, confusingly, the url link name has not changed and is still as shown on the first page. So 'rarestone' is still in the url but not in the store listing of the product.

edited December 2021

Haruchai said:

nonesuch00 said:

And this will have been your problem, Rarestone has left the store and the products have been renamed so searching the store for Rarestone (however you spell it) will not help.

This particular product is now called 'Face Morphs Collection for Genesis 8 Female' but, confusingly, the url link name has not changed and is still as shown on the first page. So 'rarestone' is still in the url but not in the store listing of the product.

Ah, OK, I see. DAZ 3D needs some sort of naming conventions for PAs and products so they can be tagged & metadataed & quickly changed by changing a database entry I guess. I'm sure they've lost a lot of sales from customers being unable to find products or genres.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,039

It's unbelievably ironic that the products I want are not available at DAZ.  It drives me crazy.
    Gou Luk Bundle
    HD Fredda and Fredda Hair for Genesis 8 Female
    HD Kayla Remake and Kayla Hair for Genesis 8 Female
    RN HD Alisa and Alisa Hair for Genesis 8 Female
    RN HD Minto Elder and Minto Cute Poses

edited February 2022

An interesting development. Judy Hair has just popped up for sale at another store. What this implies for the release of 'RN HD Judy Love 8.1 and Judy Hair for Genesis 8 Females' remains to be seen. It appears to be the same hair, I have the original to compare the promos to :)

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Haruchai said:

An interesting development. Judy Hair has just popped up for sale at another store. What this implies for the release of RN HD Judy Love 8.1 and Judy Hair for Genesis 8 Females reamins to be seen. It appears to be the same hair, I have the original to compare the promos to :)

Thank you for that info- I was disappointed I had missed out on their character, RAV Jang Hee-jin, but glad to see it is back :)

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,039

Haruchai said:

An interesting development. Judy Hair has just popped up for sale at another store. What this implies for the release of 'RN HD Judy Love 8.1 and Judy Hair for Genesis 8 Females' remains to be seen. It appears to be the same hair, I have the original to compare the promos to :)

I sure hope they re-release their characters!

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Fauvist said:

Haruchai said:

If they used DAZ's HD construction set (or whatever it is called) for implementing the HD in Judy, chances for a re-release at a different shop are nonexistent, to my knowledge, as products that are made with it can be - to my knowledge again - only sold at DAZland.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117
    Fauvist said:

Haruchai said:

If they do, the characters won't be HD. They shouldn't be anyway, because HD can only be sold here at the DAZ shop.
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,789

MimicMolly said:

Fauvist said:

Haruchai said:

If they do, the characters won't be HD. They shouldn't be anyway, because HD can only be sold here at the DAZ shop.

There are quite a few characters advertised as 'HD' at other brokers, some by artists who sell at DAZ.  I don't think I own any, so I can't say if they actually do have increased subdivision...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309

WandW said:

MimicMolly said:

Fauvist said:

Haruchai said:

There are quite a few characters advertised as 'HD' at other brokers, some by artists who sell at DAZ.  I don't think I own any, so I can't say if they actually do have increased subdivision...

Maybe they used a normal or a displacment map to add the HD details, rather than used the DAZ PA HD tool.

• I picked up RAV Jang Hee-jin when she was released and quite honestly, she looks just the same quality-wise as anything Rarestone released at Daz. So the HD might not even be that important, I don't know. 

edited February 2022

Minto (in a remastered form) has just been released at another store. The cute poses part of the package had already been released there.