Off Topic Thread #2

1192021222325»

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Bunyip02 said:

ProPose said:

Dang!!!   My main computer died.  RRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Hope you get a replacement up and running !!!

Back in Business....Computer fixed!  New MB, well new to me.  Upgraded me 3rd gen i7 to a 9th gen i7. same amount of ram 32GB, my old drives and graphics card, which I will upgrade as soon as I can find a suitalble replacement.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

ProPose said:

Bunyip02 said:

ProPose said:

Dang!!!   My main computer died.  RRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Hope you get a replacement up and running !!!

Back in Business....Computer fixed!  New MB, well new to me.  Upgraded me 3rd gen i7 to a 9th gen i7. same amount of ram 32GB, my old drives and graphics card, which I will upgrade as soon as I can find a suitalble replacement.

Yay!  Congrats

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

ProPose said:

Congratulations.  Reminds me of the old line about fixing up the old car - lift the radiator cap and drive a new one under it.  wink

Radiator caps cause a lot of probs with engines and should be replaced as a possible cure before things get worse.. cool

these days it's now progressed from radiator caps to fuel caps that cause the red warning lights to flash up! surprise

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

I can relate, I'm an auto mechanic by trade yes

for giggles I get the edge browser to read aloud these posts in different accents....  laugh

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,966

Stezza said:

for giggles I get the edge browser to read aloud these posts in different accents....  laugh

What's the Eskimo one like? 

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

What's the Eskimo one like? 

it doesn't have it lol

but it has Welsh! ..... devil and I can't understand it laugh

Siri won't say rude words unless you tell her your name is for example "I have big red nose" then she is quite happy to say your name. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,370

Headwax said:

Siri won't say rude words unless you tell her your name is for example "I have big red nose" then she is quite happy to say your name. 

What happens if for example you stub your toe on furniture and swear like a pirate ?

getting Siri and Alexa to talk to each other is a worry! laugh

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

What happens if for example you stub your toe on furniture and swear like a pirate ?

Ha ha if we ever get furniture I'll let you know :)

Stezza said:

getting Siri and Alexa to talk to each other is a worry! laugh

I was once talking to someone about a new TV series and their iPhone decided to answer. Obviously it was listening the whole time. Alexa is good. Her jokes are worse than mine.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Our family was really PO'd when Alexa came out.  My new granddaughter's middle name is Alexa as Alexandria would have been too long to go with her surname. Plus I went to school with an Alexa and always thought it a lovely name, so was really good with it when we were told.  Amazon has ruined life for all the existing Alexas and those who might have wanted to use it for their children.  Why didn't they use Lexie or something. Obviously they were trying to tie it to the word lexicon.   I do use Amazon for lots of purchases, it's just the bloody Alexa name thing that annoys me.  Oddly, I had a kitty that I named Siri once. She was not playful, very serious, so Siri it was!

winkSilene

You can change the name of Alexa... I did and renamed the activate word to Computer... worked well if I didn't watch any Star Trek! 

SileneUK said:

Our family was really PO'd when Alexa came out.  My new granddaughter's middle name is Alexa as Alexandria would have been too long to go with her surname. Plus I went to school with an Alexa and always thought it a lovely name, so was really good with it when we were told.  Amazon has ruined life for all the existing Alexas and those who might have wanted to use it for their children.  Why didn't they use Lexie or something. Obviously they were trying to tie it to the word lexicon.   I do use Amazon for lots of purchases, it's just the bloody Alexa name thing that annoys me.  Oddly, I had a kitty that I named Siri once. She was not playful, very serious, so Siri it was!

winkSilene

Lucky they didn't c a ll alexa Silene., !

Stezza said:

You can change the name of Alexa... I did and renamed the activate word to Computer... worked well if I didn't watch any Star Trek! 

Yep we gave Ziggy and Computer. They call me Master Of The Universe.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

SileneUK said:

winkSilene

Congrats on the new granddaughter