8.1 Autofit

2»

Comments

• Well I get the options for the opposite genders of 8 for 8.1 in the auto-fit dialogs. They were made by Daz3D. I figured it came with the starter set but if not, I purchased a lot of stuff so maybe this product would be of help for making anything fit better between the genders of any of the G8 group.

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-cross-figure-resource-kit

The product page also mentions being of use for geo-grafts.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Richard Haseltine said:

You should get the standard AutoFit dialogue when fitting a Genesis 8(.1) item to Genesis 8.1 Male (and select Genesis 8 Female as the source since for this purpose they are the same) - and, as I said, no AutoFit dialogue for Genesis 8 Male. But that applies only if you have a recent version of Daz Studio.

Richard, there might be something there... I cannot find G8.1 Male as an option for Preferred Base in Scene Identification. Haven't really needed one, so I haven't looked into it.

• PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You should get the standard AutoFit dialogue when fitting a Genesis 8(.1) item to Genesis 8.1 Male (and select Genesis 8 Female as the source since for this purpose they are the same) - and, as I said, no AutoFit dialogue for Genesis 8 Male. But that applies only if you have a recent version of Daz Studio.

Richard, there might be something there... I cannot find G8.1 Male as an option for Preferred Base in Scene Identification. Haven't really needed one, so I haven't looked into it.

It seems to appear simply as Male, no 8.1 unlike the female          

g8.1M.jpg
    768 x 644 - 75K
  • Richard: I tried that and it didn't work. Yes, I do get the standard Autofit dialogue and I did choose G8F but the 8.1F mertail will not fit to 8.1M. His legs still show instead of disappearing like they're supposed to.

• KC Riley-Gyer said:

Richard: I tried that and it didn't work. Yes, I do get the standard Autofit dialogue and I did choose G8F but the 8.1F mertail will not fit to 8.1M. His legs still show instead of disappearing like they're supposed to.

AutoFit will transform the item to fit the new figuer and project its rigging into it (which may give odd results on a tail if the legs are posed) but it can't transfer the geoGraft features, which are much more intimately dependent on the actual geometry (the polygons selected to hide, the welding vertices have to exactly align),

• While I understand what you are saying, what I don't understand is why a G8M tail fitted to G8.1M works as it was designed to but a G8.1F tail to G8.1M doesn't.

I guess this is the best I'm going to get.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

KC Riley-Gyer said:

While I understand what you are saying, what I don't understand is why a G8M tail fitted to G8.1M works as it was designed to but a G8.1F tail to G8.1M doesn't.

I guess this is the best I'm going to get.

It is because G8M and G8.1M are basically the same figure.