8.1 Autofit

Is autofit available for 8.1 Male and Female?

If so, where is it?

So far I can't fit any 8.1 non-standard clothing to any 8.1 character of the opposite gender.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

KC Riley-Gyer said:

Is autofit available for 8.1 Male and Female?

If so, where is it?

So far I can't fit any 8.1 non-standard clothing to any 8.1 character of the opposite gender.

8 fits 8.1 so no change they are equivalent. Only the head has a few changes not involved with autofit. What you expect to see for a 8 character regarding autofit, expect to see for an 8.1 character.

• nonesuch00: sorry, I don't understand what you said. Obviously dementia is setting in LOL. All I know is that if I want 8F item to fit on 8M then there needs to be an autofit selection of what figure the item is originally created for. When I do the same for 8.1F item to 8.1M and autofit pops up, no 8.1 figures show up in the list resulting in no fit.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

You should be able to select G8F in autofit, and get it to work. G8 and G8.1 has the same overall mesh, with a few exemptions that shouldn't influence the clothing.

• felis: I'll give that a try.

• Sorry no go, it didn't work.

I tried to find a piece of clothing that said G8.1F compatible, but even those that only said 8.1 in description said G8F in compability.

I wonder if it is change in the latest DS version.

So essentially I couldn't test it myself.

What happens when you do it?

• felis: I load the 8.1 male, ensure he's selected then load the Coral 8.1 mertail. Autofit comes up, there is no 8.1 option so I selected 8F and it does not conform to 8.1M. If I don't select a figure in the autofit, it still does not conform.

I haven't really used geocrafts between the genders, so I am not familiar with how that should work.

So sorry, no ideas from me.

• felis: No problem and thank you (and nonesuch00) for responding and attempting to help, that's why I created this post :)

• What do you mean by "non-standard clothing"?

• Catherine3678a: mertails and the like.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,254
    edited September 2021

KC Riley-Gyer said:

Catherine3678a: mertails and the like.

Geoshells and Geografts ... right. I'm going to suggest that the way to go would be to use them on the figure they were made for {geografts use mesh from the figure they were made for} and then dial in the opposite gender. If you have the uvmap swap product then you can swap out one set of textures for the other too. {maybe not all over, am thinking for the face in particular}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine2678a: Well, G8 mertail fits on the G8.1 via autofit but G8.1F to G8.1M doesn't work because there is no 8.1 autofit. This is my issue as G8.1 F&M autofit should exist yet it doesn't. Mind you, autofit for the G8.1 mertails isn't the only problem I have. The fins don't have Cutout Opacity. I'm discovering I've wasted precious money :(

• KC Riley-Gyer said:

Catherine2678a: Well, G8 mertail fits on the G8.1 via autofit but G8.1F to G8.1M doesn't work because there is no 8.1 autofit. This is my issue as G8.1 F&M autofit should exist yet it doesn't. Mind you, autofit for the G8.1 mertails isn't the only problem I have. The fins don't have Cutout Opacity. I'm discovering I've wasted precious money :(

Have you tried selecting the autofit option for 8. Between 8 and 8.1 the figure shapes are the same and 8.1 will read those for 8.

I didn't buy that set you are talking about ... for the fins, that's sounds strange but then wait a minute, that's the skin shader for the new skin shader types. We the people don't understand why they didn't put opacity there either. If not requiring the new PBR skin shader, then apply another Iray shader and you'll have the cutout opacity back.

And, if the purchase was made less than 30 days ago and isn't tied up in some super duper sales loop, one can ask for a refund. {if it's caught up in a loopy sales promotion then it could be cheaper to just keep it}.

• Catherine2678a: Yes and no go. 8.1 item will not conform when 8 is selected in the autofit. I'd been told the same thing. It might work for normal clothing but not for the mertails.

Yeah, due to my own limited understanding of your second point, I don't understand at all LOL. I did apply the uber shader and it took away all the settings. It did leave the textures though -shrugs-

As for the purchase, it was part of a bundle and sale so, yeah, best to keep it. It just won't get used for what I was hoping for which means I now have no viable mertails out of the whole collection LOL.

• Did you try changing the scene ID of the figure? Haven't a clue if that would work for this or not, but apparently it solves some issues.

The new skin shader for 8.1 does not have the cutout opacity ... so if that shader preset was used on the fins it would not either. The IRAY basic shader I don't think is called Uber. Are you rendering in Iray?

Before one makes a geograft figure, first one makes it to be a normal clothing item. So in asking the autofit to essentially make the new clothing item, it would be loosing the geograft info.

So now then, put the figure [no eyelashes] to base resolution, put the viewport to textured wireframe, add the "fit to" geograft figure, select the appropriate M/F shape in the autofit dialog. UNFIT the geograft, strip off all real skin textures, take a screenshot showing the scene tab and viewport and post it here. We'll see if we can convince it to work.

Concept would be to reselect the required body mesh of the humanoid figure for the geograft, and then to select that plus all the legs, etc. to hide when the geograft is applied.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,381

Geografts aren't actually wardrobe so the rules for autofitting don't actually apply.  There might be a way to take the geograft (anatomy) convert it into a prop and then wardrobe.

edited September 2021

Okay KC Riley-Gyer ... I found a mermaid for G3F in my collection. It has the mermaid tail AND a geograft. So if the one you have is following along the same route that this one took:

On the scene tab, select the geoshell and delete it. [it's purpose is for texturing, we're trying to make a geograft]
    Select the Mermaid tail, on the surfaces, turn the opacity to 100%. [one should now see a full mermaid tail]
    The tail is now not fit to anything.
    Hide or delete the humanoid figure, bring in the desired figure. Base resolution. Dial in the gender shape that the tail was made for.
    Apply "fit to" - selecting from autofit the gender from which it was made.
    Hopefully the two will line up pretty close like in this image showing G3M with the G3F shape dialed in and with the G3F mermaid tail "fit to" applied.

Tailing Across.png
    1600 x 860 - 443K
  • These are numbered in sequence, hopefully will stay showing as attachments.

1. When starting any selection project, make sure the selection is cleared.

2/3. Dragging selects what is touched. Lasso will select "all" inside the lasso. For now, one just wants the actual overlapping mesh loop on the main figure [not the tail].

4. Hold down Ctrl key to add to the selection, Alt key to erase from the selection. {I'm using W10}

5/6. The loop is selected for the attachment, the tail.

7/8. Going to lasso now ...

9. Set to hide these all ...

10. I have NO idea where this extra "figure" came from ... {I'm ignoring it}

11. Next, "fit to" NONE. Then refit it to the figure. All the excess mesh should vanish.

12. It worked! So I then dial out the female gender shape, this is the default G3M with his new mertail. Select the tail and save it. {and oh yes, the humanoid figure can be returned to high res status}.

13. As the mats for all the concerned geofiles etc for the original product would not work with any of this, options were to manually apply the texture images and save out new mat files.

Hope all this helps you get some use out of your purchases.

001 rule one.png
    1411 x 672 - 378K
    002 to start with.png
    1357 x 662 - 352K
    003 make sure working on figure.png
    1470 x 701 - 347K
    004 control key to add alt key to erase.png
    1333 x 743 - 397K
    005.png
    1258 x 765 - 303K
    006 select mertail.png
    1287 x 679 - 281K
    007 if when ready lasso.png
    1285 x 671 - 338K
    008 select everything below the belt selection.png
    1328 x 795 - 250K
    009.png
    1286 x 803 - 316K
    010 mystery.png
    1513 x 792 - 403K
    011 fit to none.png
    1357 x 801 - 338K
    012 concept works.png
    1280 x 789 - 128K
    013 apply images and save mat.png
    996 x 675 - 182K
  • nemesis10: Since I don't know what is or is not a geograph when I look in the Anatomy menu, I don't stand a chance at applying the right thing. Nor do I know how to change anything from one thing to another. I'm a user, not a creator. All I know is Arki's mertail for G8M can be autofitted to G8.1M successfully.

Catherine3678a: I have no idea in regards to scene id for a figure. I use what I buy without much changes other than trying to fit things (except character textures) to other characters via autofit. The technical side of things does my head in and I can't understand it no matter how much I try LOL.

That mertail for G3 is one I don't have. It's in my wishlist.

To those of you who have responded to this, I thank you.

• I found the scene ID place and no, it's nothing to help us here anyways so not to worry about that one.

The concept illustrated with the G3 tail should work somehow with the one you do have. I think I made pictures for most of the steps involved so hopefully it would be easy enough to follow. But maybe not tonight, it's getting late ;-)

• LOL re scene id. Thank you for trying. I really do appreciate it. As for those steps, I will try them tomorrow as it's my early evening and dinner is about to be served :). Have a good night, Catherine.

• KC Riley-Gyer said:

nemesis10: Since I don't know what is or is not a geograph when I look in the Anatomy menu, I don't stand a chance at applying the right thing. Nor do I know how to change anything from one thing to another. I'm a user, not a creator. All I know is Arki's mertail for G8M can be autofitted to G8.1M successfully.

There should be no autiofitting required, the two figures are the same geometry and as long as your DS version is fairly current it should automatically apply the Genesis 8 items to 8.1.

Catherine3678a: I have no idea in regards to scene id for a figure. I use what I buy without much changes other than trying to fit things (except character textures) to other characters via autofit. The technical side of things does my head in and I can't understand it no matter how much I try LOL.

That mertail for G3 is one I don't have. It's in my wishlist.

To those of you who have responded to this, I thank you.

edited September 2021

nm

• AutoFit will pop-up if you put the dress on Genesis 8 Male too. However, items for Genesis 8 Male will go ont Genesis 8.1 Male, and items for Genesis 8 Female will go on Genesis 8.1 Female, without AutoFitting in recent versions of DS.

edited September 2021

nm

• Catherine3678ab said:

Yes. The op is trying to put a geograft item for G8F to G8.1M hence this thread ;-)

I was replying to a specific post that was talking about G8M to G8.1M

edited September 2021

'K, obviously I misunderstood that.

• While this post was about why is there no 8.1 F&M listed in the autofit, it was inspired by 8.1F mertail not autofitting to 8.1M when the G8M mertail does autofit to the 8.1M.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,363
    edited September 2021

You should get the standard AutoFit dialogue when fitting a Genesis 8(.1) item to Genesis 8.1 Male (and select Genesis 8 Female as the source since for this purpose they are the same) - and, as I said, no AutoFit dialogue for Genesis 8 Male. But that applies only if you have a recent version of Daz Studio.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on