daz crashes whenever i try to load g8f. [Solved]

2»

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Do a seach for "XT_CTRLCheeksDimpleCreaseHD" on your harddrives with the Windows Explorer, check the file properties (right click at the file name and choose properties), what is the complete path you see in "Location:"?

• PerttiA said:

Do a seach for "XT_CTRLCheeksDimpleCreaseHD" on your harddrives with the Windows Explorer, check the file properties (right click at the file name and choose properties), what is the complete path you see in "Location:"?

this fixed it thank you 

• PerttiA said:

this fixed it thank you 

• PerttiA said:

this fixed it thank you 

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 178
    edited December 2022

As with the other user above, the 'Xtransfer Genesis 3 to Genesis 8' script appear to destroy my Genesis 8 - firstly in terms of mangling it horribly on load, and then in terms of totally failing to load either the base G8 or characters based on G8.

But if you have the same trouble with Xtransfer, here's the likely fix. You are told in the Xtransfer documentation that need to delete the XTransfer folder in:

../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/ 

But this is not to be found in your main DAZ Content runtime.

On looking at the DAZ Studio logs (Help | Troubleshooting | View log...) you will see that the new folder has actually been placed by the script in:

C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

Aka 'My Documents'.

Thus the folder to delete is:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

You may need to restart Daz Studio several times, and perhaps load an old saved G8 scene first. But eventually the problem cleared for me, after the rogue XTransfer folder was deleted.

Incidently I find that saving a G3 as a 'Shape' and then applying it to G8 will go a long way toward transferring the basics over to G8 - no script required.

Post edited by Martirilla on