daz crashes whenever i try to load g8f. [Solved]

Strobe_LightStrobe_Light Posts: 264
edited September 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

whenever i try to load a character daz takes a long time to try to load it and then eventually crashes. i have no clue why and it randomly started happening

Post edited by Strobe_Light on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

Are you using the new Mac beta or Windows?

• frank0314 said:

Are you using the new Mac beta or Windows?

Windows 

• It was working the same day then it just started crashing

What are the warnings in your log file?

• frank0314 said:

What are the warnings in your log file?

Warnings? 

Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File

• frank0314 said:

Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File

It doesnt have any warning in it the last thing is this: 

"2021-08-26 05:37:36.183 File loaded in 1 min 29.2 sec." 

It will just try to load something, stop halfway through and then either pop up the fatal error message or just close the program entirely without asking.

• So i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still isnt working

• OKay so its only g8f that does this

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If you attach your log file to your post with "Attach a File" above the "Post Comment" button, we can have a look.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,315
    edited August 2021

Which version of Daz Studio is this? The first couple of the latest Public Build series had trouble with soem content - it seemed to involve both GeoShells and GeoGrafts I am told it could have happened with any fitted content, not just the items I originally mentioned.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Which version of Daz Studio is this? The first couple of the latest Public Build series had trouble with soem content - it seemed to involve both GeoShells and GeoGrafts I am told it could have happened with any fitted content, not just the items I originally mentioned.

its the most recent 4.15 

• NotLuna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

its the most recent 4.15 

They are all currently 4.15.0 - which build is it? help>About Daz Studio....

NotLuna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

its the most recent 4.15 

4.15.0.2 Pro Edition (64-bit)

• NotLuna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

NotLuna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

its the most recent 4.15 

That's the general release, not one of the Public Builds, so the loadign issue I mentioned is not relevant.

NotLuna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

NotLuna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

its the most recent 4.15 

That's the general release, not one of the Public Builds, so the loadign issue I mentioned is not relevant.

Okay I still dont know if theres anything i should do there does daz have tehcnical support I could email or would they not help? 

• Okay so I think I figured out what caused it Xtransfer Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 multipul people have reported it corrupting their genes 8 female base models, So now what do i do do i unistall and reinstall the genesis 8 female base model? Will I lose all my products for genesis 8 female if i do that?

Reinstalling the "Genesis 8 base figure" does not help in any way, neither does reinstallation of DS, since uninstalling and reinstalling those, does not touch the morphs that are causing the problems, if they are the problem.

You can check if the problem is caused by those Xtransfer morphs by moving the folder Xtransfer out of G8 morph folders, the G8F the morphs are located in "...\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\"

• PerttiA said:

Reinstalling the "Genesis 8 base figure" does not help in any way, neither does reinstallation of DS, since uninstalling and reinstalling those, does not touch the morphs that are causing the problems, if they are the problem.

You can check if the problem is caused by those Xtransfer morphs by moving the folder Xtransfer out of G8 morph folders, the G8F the morphs are located in "...\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\"

This only started after I installed Xtransfer and moving the files did nothing to help. I was able to make it so its didnt close when I tired to load a genesis 8 female figure and i did get warnings this time. But their odd because I was loading marion and not snowflake

2021-08-29 03:49:50.812 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLContempt.dsf#eCTRLContempt?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eJCMAiko7Contempt.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.813 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/PBMBreastsSmall.dsf#PBMBreastsSmall?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eJCMAiko7BreastsSmall.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.813 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/PBMBreastsGone.dsf#PBMBreastsGone?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eJCMAiko7BreastsGone.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.817 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSerious.dsf#eCTRLSerious?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Serious.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.821 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSad.dsf#eCTRLSad?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Sad.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.823 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPouty.dsf#eCTRLPouty?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Pouty.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.824 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPain.dsf#eCTRLPain?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Pain.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.829 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLGlare.dsf#eCTRLGlare?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Glare.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.831 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLFear.dsf#eCTRLFear?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Fear.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:50.834 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLExcitement.dsf#eCTRLExcitement?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Aiko%207/eCTRLAiko7Excitement.dsf
    2021-08-29 03:49:53.229 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSad.dsf#eCTRLSad?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Virtual_World/VWSnow/VW%20Snowflake%20Head%20for%20Aiko%207.dsf#VW%20Snowflake%20Head%20for%20Aiko%207

• Those are references to Genesis 3 morphs that you have not covnerted or that XTransfer did not correctly adjust - they might slow loading down, but they should not have any ill-effect beyond that (moprh sets and characters often have dangling connections like that, where they have adjustments to work smoothly with another set of shapes that is not installed, so DS has to be able to cope by design).

Are you sure that part of the log is from loading a G8F as the path behind "value in file :" points to G3F morph folders?

• PerttiA said:

Are you sure that part of the log is from loading a G8F as the path behind "value in file :" points to G3F morph folders?

it might be from daz trying to clear an already empty scene 

The date/time on those lines is early morning/night of 29th.

Maybe you should clear the log and try again to make sure the log is about loading of G8

Attach the log to your post with "Attach a File" above the "Post Comment" button, so we can have a look.

• PerttiA said:

The date/time on those lines is early morning/night of 29th.

Maybe you should clear the log and try again to make sure the log is about loading of G8

Attach the log to your post with "Attach a File" above the "Post Comment" button, so we can have a look.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Huh... 562 lines of "Could not find..." before DS bailed out, out of which the first 47 lines are related to converted morphs...

It's hard to see, where even to start, but...

Towards the end, you have lines (54 lines before bailout) for Auto Face Enhancer, in the past that was a major pain in the back, you could start by uninstalling it.
    Freja/Marion has 80 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall
    SF-Design/Girls4GU has 265 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall
    Vyktohria/Creepy Kids 52 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall
    xenic101/Musculature 21 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall

The XTransfer morphs are located in ".../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/" I would move everything out of that folder, somewhere DS cannot see them.
    One of the converted morph packages is "Growing Up", which will not work with G8F products that are looking for the real Growing Up for Genesis 8 Females.

Have you bought the required assets for the products you have installed, namely the head and body morphs for Genesis 8 Female? It looks like at least some of the products are looking for them.

I have to stop now as it's past midnight already, but those will at least get you started.

• Strobe_LightStrobe_Light Posts: 264
    edited September 2021

PerttiA said:

Huh... 562 lines of "Could not find..." before DS bailed out, out of which the first 47 lines are related to converted morphs...

It's hard to see, where even to start, but...

Towards the end, you have lines (54 lines before bailout) for Auto Face Enhancer, in the past that was a major pain in the back, you could start by uninstalling it.
    Freja/Marion has 80 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall
    SF-Design/Girls4GU has 265 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall
    Vyktohria/Creepy Kids 52 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall
    xenic101/Musculature 21 lines of "Could not find output property for formula" - Uninstall

The XTransfer morphs are located in ".../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/" I would move everything out of that folder, somewhere DS cannot see them.
    One of the converted morph packages is "Growing Up", which will not work with G8F products that are looking for the real Growing Up for Genesis 8 Females.

Have you bought the required assets for the products you have installed, namely the head and body morphs for Genesis 8 Female? It looks like at least some of the products are looking for them.

I have to stop now as it's past midnight already, but those will at least get you started.

I did everything you said and made slight progress and the genesis 8 female is in the scene section before it crashes but not in the viewport is there any way i can get rid of the converted morph thats causing the issues heres the log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by Strobe_Light on

The converted morphs can be found in ".../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/" as I said, move everything inside that folder out of your Content Library.

You haven't uninstalled "Auto Face Enhancer" as it can still be seen on the log.

• PerttiA said:

The converted morphs can be found in ".../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/" as I said, move everything inside that folder out of your Content Library.

You haven't uninstalled "Auto Face Enhancer" as it can still be seen on the log.

I got rid of the xtransfer file already but it's still looking for the morph

txt
    txt
    log.txt

NotLuna said:

PerttiA said:

In your Log, up to time stamp "2021-09-02 17:23:57.359" DS is warning about files it still sees in ".../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/". Move everything out from that folder. These are not something DS is looking for but something DS is actually seeing.

Was the character you were trying to load, something you have been working on, or was it "Genesis 8 Basic Female"?
    For tracking down problems, it is not a good idea to use anything else but "Genesis 8 Basic Female"

Now I cannot tell if these; "Loaded file: XT_PHMxxxx" are a problem or just something you have used on your character.

• PerttiA said:

NotLuna said:

PerttiA said:

In your Log, up to time stamp "2021-09-02 17:23:57.359" DS is warning about files it still sees in ".../data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/". Move everything out from that folder. These are not something DS is looking for but something DS is actually seeing.

Was the character you were trying to load, something you have been working on, or was it "Genesis 8 Basic Female"?
    For tracking down problems, it is not a good idea to use anything else but "Genesis 8 Basic Female"

Now I cannot tell if these; "Loaded file: XT_PHMxxxx" are a problem or just something you have used on your character.

I cant find this file at all i go into morphs but theres no xtransfer.