Thank you! It was Starship Bridge | Daz 3D

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Vyusur said:

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

"On duty"

Looks good! What env is that? 

Ah Stonemason:) Tks, will have to consider getting it. 

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2022

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

"On duty"

BTW, how do you get bloom and glare effects in 3dl? Those are so amazing.

Post edited by Vyusur on

Vyusur said:

Simple, you don't! Should be possible to build a camera shader that does that, but when it comes to shaderbuilder I'm still lost... I do it in post, just duplicate the base layer, blur it, play with curves and layer types until I get something I like;) The 3DL fog/depth cameras don't work with the pathtracer, so for those things I do an additional depth pass using regular 3DL, then add it in post.

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

Simple, you don't! Should be possible to build a camera shader that does that, but when it comes to shaderbuilder I'm still lost... I do it in post, just duplicate the base layer, blur it, play with curves and layer types until I get something I like;) The 3DL fog/depth cameras don't work with the pathtracer, so for those things I do an additional depth pass using regular 3DL, then add it in post.

I see, thank you for the reply. I tried photon camera, uber bounce light, fog and volume cameras. Alas, it doesn't give the desired results.

edited January 2022

Hm, at first glance it looks like it's not possible to create a "bloom camera" in Shader Mixer without making some custom bricks, which is where I fall short. It looks so beautiful in my head, some sort of treshold luminousity filter fed into gaussian blur, superimposed on the final render, think I need to consult some friends lol...

...and something I cooked up for the car lovers thread:

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Vyusur said:

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

"On duty"

I used to do bloom effect in Luxrender from Reality 2 (see attached file). Otherwise if rendering in 3Dlight, would duplicate the render as layers in photoshop and (look up on youtube for the tutorial that best suits you.) I'll look for one or Dreamlight has a tutorial on that from way back when.
    red_alert__by_barefootuptomysoul_daxwm65.jpg
    1438 x 808 - 902K
  • Speaking of way back, I noticed a few renders you all did on previous pages here. So I am adding one I did as a composite of 3Dlight renders. The renders were not so good and I was originally trying for realistic. Decided to go with drawing instead in Photoshop. Well I hope you like it anyway.
    Urban SciFi C1 T2 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 549K

Barefoot Upto My Soul said:

Speaking of way back, I noticed a few renders you all did on previous pages here. So I am adding one I did as a composite of 3Dlight renders. The renders were not so good and I was originally trying for realistic. Decided to go with drawing instead in Photoshop. Well I hope you like it anyway.

Nice oneyes 

Regarding bloom...say you render out a nice SF environment with light bulbs and panels, glowing buttons and whatnot...after the render is complete, select every surface that is not ambient/glowing, set diffuse strength and specular/reflection to 0 (matte black), including skydomes or backdrops, render it, should only take a couple of seconds. You should now have only the glowing stuff on a black background (or transparent). Add as layer in the image editor, blur it or use a softglow type filter, blend as "additive" or "lighten only" layer. (Well, basic stuff I think, but worth mentioning)

edited January 2022

Hydra pp awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
  • Actually, I also remember in a Stonemason set called Sector 15, there is a very wonderful item called 'labglow'. It is a jpg or a png, I can't remember which. It is placed under ambient or one of the other settings. Anyway, works nicely, I have noticed in other sets as well as it is. If you look at it in photoshop or gimp, it will give you an idea how to make others similar in idea to that.
    edited January 2022

...so I dusted off my AoA EZ Cam and took it for a ride. Found out that it doesn't work properly with the AoA lights surprise, but luckily the standard DS lights work fine, go figure...

Anyway, I followed my own recipe above, converted everything(from AWE Surface) to pitchblack DS default, hid the skydome, added a standard distant light with raytraced shadows, aligned it with the light direction, in the standard render editor turned off raytrace depth to speed up rendering and made a depth pass: (the white is actually transparent)

Used a lighten only layer in GIMP to combine it with the original. Tinted it a bit to make it blend with the original light temperature.

Could play some more with fog density etc...maybe someone finds this useful;)

Hydra DP1.png
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    Hydra fog awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
  • Regarding bloom...say you render out a nice SF environment with light bulbs and panels, glowing buttons and whatnot...after the render is complete, select every surface that is not ambient/glowing, set diffuse strength and specular/reflection to 0 (matte black), including skydomes or backdrops, render it, should only take a couple of seconds. You should now have only the glowing stuff on a black background (or transparent). Add as layer in the image editor, blur it or use a softglow type filter, blend as "additive" or "lighten only" layer. (Well, basic stuff I think, but worth mentioning)

Going to try this. Look easy enough.
    edited January 2022

Played a bit more...skydome included in the depth pass, so renders white. Think that's the final render;)

Hydra fog2 awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
  • ...so I dusted off my AoA EZ Cam and took it for a ride. Found out that it doesn't work properly with the AoA lights surprise, but luckily the standard DS lights work fine, go figure...

Anyway, I followed my own recipe above, converted everything(from AWE Surface) to pitchblack DS default, hid the skydome, added a standard distant light with raytraced shadows, aligned it with the light direction, in the standard render editor turned off raytrace depth to speed up rendering and made a depth pass: (the white is actually transparent)

Used a lighten only layer in GIMP to combine it with the original. Tinted it a bit to make it blend with the original light temperature.

Could play some more with fog density etc...maybe someone finds this useful;)

This is looking more and more like a portrait of me! I feel like I am a three headed dino. My Daz computer needs a new power supply (maybe or it could be something else that killed it a year ago). That is why I say "I remember" instead of posting a recent render. I have Age of Armour Atmospheric camera that does fog and this depth layer thing you have in this render. But when I went to look it up in the store, Daz says whoops page does not exist. It is making me feel sad that such a good product is no longer available for 3Delight users.

Barefoot Upto My Soul said:

This is looking more and more like a portrait of me! I feel like I am a three headed dino. My Daz computer needs a new power supply (maybe or it could be something else that killed it a year ago). That is why I say "I remember" instead of posting a recent render. I have Age of Armour Atmospheric camera that does fog and this depth layer thing you have in this render. But when I went to look it up in the store, Daz says whoops page does not exist. It is making me feel sad that such a good product is no longer available for 3Delight users.

Aah sad to hear about your computertrouble, here's to hoping you find a solution quick! The AoA products are more or less broken or bugridden if you use newer than DS 4.6 if I recall correctly. So I can understand they are not available anymore, and from what I heared AoA wasn't willing to fix them or along those lines (admittedly speculation). The AoA lights are still useful but some flagging features are not working properly. Yup it's sad to have zero support for 3DL, turns you into more of a "do it yourself" kind of guy;) Which saves you money to buy better computers instead haha...ah well...

edited January 2022

I use volumetric cameras a lot. Saying of bloom effect, I mean something like a candle light halo. This only works with lights placed near glowing objects.

Curious_Hallway_01.jpg
    1300 x 1040 - 710K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited January 2022

Vyusur said:

I use volumetric cameras a lot. Saying of bloom effect, I mean something like a candle light halo. This only works with lights placed near glowing objects.

Really nice!

Yes those things (bloom) are better done in post. If you want to do it inrender you could use primitive planes with a halo-shaped opacity mask, maybe also use it for ambient strength. With shadows turned off it doesn't affect rendertimes much. I use opacity masks a lot with aweSurface, both for transparency, light color. light intensity etc, you can easily hide or show them to the camera or reflective surfaces and so on. I've created a small library with various masks starting from circular to rectangular, different sizes, tileable, sharp edges, blurred edges, you get the drift. For things like rectangular ceiling ligh panels the blurred rectangular ones work well and can be used for both actual light or just visual to the camera. I figure the UberArea light can be used the same way, but it's pretty darn frustrating to work with if you're used to wowie's stuff:O)

Example of simple stuff I use, flare shape used for opacity or light intensity:

Light color map:

Mask or light intensity for rectangular light bulbs:

...and so on...

Edit: So decided to test this with the standard 3DL, the public indoor pool 3DL version out of the box, added some ambient lighting, created a primitive plane, diffuse strength 0 matte, put the rectangular mask into opacity strength, placed it just under the light bulb on the upper right, adjusted ambient and opacity strength and rendered (20sec):

Still, I think you have much more control using a separate pass or just fiddling a bit with layers in post.

FLARE 1 MASK.png
    2000 x 2000 - 704K
    FLARE 1.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    BLURRED SQUARE1.png
    2048 x 2048 - 47K
    Default 3DL bloomtest.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

Really nice!

Yes those things (bloom) are better done in post. If you want to do it inrender you could use primitive planes with a halo-shaped opacity mask, maybe also use it for ambient strength. With shadows turned off it doesn't affect rendertimes much. I use opacity masks a lot with aweSurface, both for transparency, light color. light intensity etc, you can easily hide or show them to the camera or reflective surfaces and so on. I've created a small library with various masks starting from circular to rectangular, different sizes, tileable, sharp edges, blurred edges, you get the drift. For things like rectangular ceiling ligh panels the blurred rectangular ones work well and can be used for both actual light or just visual to the camera. I figure the UberArea light can be used the same way, but it's pretty darn frustrating to work with if you're used to wowie's stuff:O)

Example of simple stuff I use, flare shape used for opacity or light intensity:

Light color map:

Mask or light intensity for rectangular light bulbs:

...and so on...

Edit: So decided to test this with the standard 3DL, the public indoor pool 3DL version out of the box, added some ambient lighting, created a primitive plane, diffuse strength 0 matte, put the rectangular mask into opacity strength, placed it just under the light bulb on the upper right, adjusted ambient and opacity strength and rendered (20sec):

Still, I think you have much more control using a separate pass or just fiddling a bit with layers in post.

Nice lighting! I have to try it out. My recent render took 20 min.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Cross Country Run

edited January 2022

...speaking of light panels...

The Vanguard is still one of my favorites, nice topology but the textures are a bit lowrez, especially the bumpmaps, one of these days I'll try to re-texture parts of it and make some additional controlmaps;)

The Vanguard awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

With Dobby available, things settle down to some degree. Until a bit later in the day when some of Dudley's friends decide to turn up and complicate things.

15-Doorbell.jpg
    799 x 942 - 66K
    edited January 2022

...played with postprocessing...

The Vanguard pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited January 2022

Any of you guys use Omnifreaker's UltraSoftLight Kit? I'm trying to add a number of (22 of them, to be exact) UltraSoft Pointlights to a scene but can't get more than 3 or 4 lights to work. Very frustrating! There is a limit?

Edit: Hm, documentation says "add up to 20 pointlights" but nope, no cigar...

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,022

edited January 2022

Nice One @Ethin, keep 'em comingyes Eh, btw, nice looking jeans, what are those? Do I have them? laugh

Latest effort, was about to set this up with those USL lights for some animation, but, since they don't play nice with me, I decided to just make a couple of stills using aweSurface instead...here's one.

Nuclear shelter pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited January 2022

A Night Walk awe.png
    1600 x 2096 - 6M
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,022

Sven Dullah said:

Nice One @Ethin, keep 'em comingyes Eh, btw, nice looking jeans, what are those? Do I have them? laugh

Thanks! Not sure, they were in my aiko3 Wardrobe Wizard folder so they were not originally for AIko3. Unless I just used Wardrobe Wizard to add more morphs to them!?

Ethin said:

Sven Dullah said:

Thanks! Not sure, they were in my aiko3 Wardrobe Wizard folder so they were not originally for AIko3. Unless I just used Wardrobe Wizard to add more morphs to them!?

Ah ok! Well had to ask, as always on the lookout for more casual quality clothihg, old or new...