DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro freezes

2»

Comments

• awaseniuawaseniu Posts: 24

Tech came and, could do nothing about Daz.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I believe it is time for a bit of bluntness.  Until you learn more about computers it is going to be very difficult for anyone to help.  It is quite possible your computer simply is not capable of running Studio due to any number of factors but we can't tell because you are unable to provide the info we need.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

In the task manager, try to click the performance tab and take a screenshot of that.

Here is the screenshot. It should be noted that I also had word open.

Screenshot 2021-05-01 154629.png
    1810 x 1567 - 162K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,198

You have 16 GB memory. Not really limited, but will still be a challenge dependant on how many other things that are open or if you are trying to open a large scene file.

The 1 TB is your harddrive. That will also be a limiting factor at some point in time.

Your graphics is integrated into the processor, and that will be a limitation for a number of things in Daz Studio.

I would still assume that you could run Daz Studio, but with limitations.

When you say it fails, is it then the basic opening of Daz Studio that fails?

It fails when I place in one of my products.

felis said:

You have 16 GB memory. Not really limited, but will still be a challenge dependant on how many other things that are open or if you are trying to open a large scene file.

The 1 TB is your harddrive. That will also be a limiting factor at some point in time.

Your graphics is integrated into the processor, and that will be a limitation for a number of things in Daz Studio.

I would still assume that you could run Daz Studio, but with limitations.

When you say it fails, is it then the basic opening of Daz Studio that fails?

Daz opens but, it freezes when I add one of the items I purchased. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Your screenshot shows 7.1GB's used when you took it, what else did you have running at that time, was DS open?

What does DS do if you restart your computer first, make sure that nothing else is running (no browsers nothing), start DS (in offline mode) and load the Genesis 8 Basic Female?

I'm thinking... Bad memory chip or DS having problems when the physical memory (16GB's) is not enough to hold everything.
    In my computer DS+one clothed G8 figure takes about 5GB's of memory

Possibly word but, I definitely know that edge was open.

It  seems to have loaded my items to onedrive. I get a list of them in products in the content library but, there isn't a daz folder in my downloads.

awaseniu said:

It  seems to have loaded my items to onedrive. I get a list of them in products in the content library but, there isn't a daz folder in my downloads.

I have to add this question. What do I do? 

awaseniu said:

awaseniu said:

I have to add this question. What do I do? 

THIS IS NO JOKE! I CAN NO LONGER FIND THE STUFF IN THE ONEDRIVE APP. My computer prompted me that onedrive was full. I clicked on the prompt and, found my Daz content. When I do a keyword search on onedrive and open the app the content was not there. WTF is going on?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

If you have any friends that are good with computers, ask him/her/them to remove the existing installation and do a manual installation of Daz Studio, then use DIM to install your content to your local harddrive (one inside your computer)

The installation files can be found here; https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

Sorry, there is just too big of a language barrier / communication barrier to do this over the forum.

• Ahahaha, rly i have 3 monitor and same truble. Daz 4.15 run and freeze.
    After i switch off 3 monitor and run DAZ WITHOUT REBOOT my system, DAZ run and works....Ahahaha. ok.