DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro freezes

So I've been using Daz Studio perfectly fine a couple of days ago but now when it starts I see the splash screen, and then freezes after loading up. I don't know where the application logs are for this thing.

Comments

• System specifications? Security software?

• awaseniuawaseniu Posts: 24

Mine does the same.

• Richard Haseltine said:

System specifications? Security software?

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Radeon 5700 xt

Nvidia gtx 1060

standard Windows 10 windows defender software

• issue resolved, I had to force the window to open on my primary monitor

• Richard Haseltine said:

System specifications? Security software?

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Radeon 5700 xt

Nvidia gtx 1060

standard Windows 10 windows defender software

I only have one monitor. I have a flip screen laptop. What do I do?

• awaseniu said:

I only have one monitor. I have a flip screen laptop. What do I do?

What are your system specs? Exactly what is happening when you try to launch?

I have windows 10 with an older version of photoshop. It launches but, when I input a figure it becomes unresponsive.

• Photoshop is not relevant, the hardware details may well be. Also, which figure? Can you simply add a primitive (Create>New Primitive)?

It is a Dell 7506 2 in 1 with an Intel Core 17 Processor. My figures are Genesis 8.

• How much memory? What video card/chip? Have you tried the primitive as above?

1TB memory. I don't know the video card ship. I have tried the primitive. Intel iRISx max graphics.

• 1TB? Are you sure? Or do you mean the disc capacity? What happens with the primitive, does Daz Studio freeze? When it does "freeze" have you checked task manager to see if it is doing something (right-click the Task Bar>Task Manager)?

That's total memory. I don't know the disc capacity. I just tried it with Genesis 8.1 male.and still no response. The figure appears and it does not respond any further. The task manager did not show any other Daz apps running.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

I have this issue for awhile, sometimes you will see a load bar pop up on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it will show a yellow update bar as when you first start up Daz3D it will check metadata and update files if your online, seems one file is always unsuccessful when updating the metadata making it slower to load in, sometimes this yellow update bar doesn't appear but its still doing the same thing, checking the files.

If you have downloaded new content it and installed it via the install manager or DAZ central it will also take some time to update files to your product list, you will see a file count under the yellow bar telling you the number of files being updated so if you have added a bunch of new content it can be slower to load the first time you install them into the editor.

• I was asking about CPU activity - you may need to click More Details at bottom left of Task manager to see that. I think it's very unlikely that you have 1TB of memory, that is almost certainly disc capacity - right-click the Windows logo button at bottom-left of the screen and select System from the menu, that should give a lot of your system details.

205 of 953 GB used of memory. 0-0.1 percent CPU on Daz 3d with male figure. Do you think that Cenobite's advice will work, Mr. Haseltine? I just want a second opinion.

Could it be that Daz 4.15 is not connecting? I try to connect and it gave out. You see, Daz Central connects so, I was able to load my stuff in but, Daz Install Manager and, Daz 4.15 give out when connecting. Could it be the connection.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Chiming in here because it sounds like it could be relevant. 

I run a three monitor setup for reasons unrelated to Daz, and have always used Daz on my main central monitor and never on any of the others.  The last few times I've started DAZ it has opened on one of the other monitors.  I often don't even turn them on when I think I don't need them right now.  I suspect that this is an issue with the latest nvidia driver choosing which monitor to put things on because that's when it started for me.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

If you have a particular type of setup on three monitors it could be defaulting back to one because you might need to save a profile setup somewhere along the line, could be non daz3d related when using dual screen, if they are not settings in daz3d to save then it could be an OS issue, maybe you need to save a template setup in Windows on multiple screens, i have never setup dual screens but i assume all screens act as one just split perspective views between monitors, so if you have setup 5 tabs on one side of the screen and another 5 on the other & the main monitor as viewport they all may need to be saved as some kind of template for when you launch daz3d, unless you just populate tabs just by adding tabs and dragging them into the new screen setup in other monitors. In most cases daz3d saves your setup but like most things in editor it can be setup as a custom template and locked like render settings for cameras you just need to know where these options are in the editor.

• awaseniu said:

205 of 953 GB used of memory. 0-0.1 percent CPU on Daz 3d with male figure. Do you think that Cenobite's advice will work, Mr. Haseltine? I just want a second opinion.

Please check the system details as I sugested above.

Cenobite's issue refers to behaviour on launching Daz Studio, if it is set to go online, or on telling it to go online later if not - it does not affect an apparent freeze that occurs on loading a figure. That doesn't sound like enough CPU usage to be busy processing the property list, so it does sound as if something is causing the application to hang.

Richard Haseltine said:

awaseniu said:

Please check the system details as I sugested above.

Cenobite's issue refers to behaviour on launching Daz Studio, if it is set to go online, or on telling it to go online later if not - it does not affect an apparent freeze that occurs on loading a figure. That doesn't sound like enough CPU usage to be busy processing the property list, so it does sound as if something is causing the application to hang.

What could that be? 

746 GB free. I loaded in Genesis 8 Female and it is saying 1-4% CPU accodording to the task master.

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited April 2021

@awaseniu You should really try taking screenshots of all the things/specs you're trying to convey, to attach here and show Mr. Hasteltine. He'd much more likely be able to help that way...

Post edited by Phatmartino on

phatmartino said:

@awaseniu You should really try taking screenshots of all the things/specs you're trying to convey, to attach here and show Mr. Hasteltine. He'd much more likely be able to help that way...

How do I do that in windows 10? I tried shift+S and, cntrl+prt sc. 

edited April 2021

@awaseniu Sure thing, it's called "Snipping Tool". It can be searched for or browsed to in the Start Menu under Windows Accessories.

It looks like the Shortcut is "Win Logo Key + Shift + S".

phatmartino said:

@awaseniu Sure thing, it's called "Snipping Tool". It can be searched for or browsed to in the Start Menu under Windows Accessories.

I think I saved it to the clipboard but, how do I get at what I saved? 

edited April 2021

awaseniu said:

phatmartino said:

I think I saved it to the clipboard but, how do I get at what I saved? 

Ahh, that shortcut is for Snip & Sketch, which looks like it will soon replace Snipping Tool in Windows...

Try searching for Snip & Sketch in your Start Menu to actually open the App...

Once the App is open, in the upper right corner, click the "Three Dot" button to open a pull down menu, and choose "Settings"

There's just a few toggles, turn "Auto Copy to Clipboard" OFF, and turn "Save Snips" ON

That will open a Save Dialog from then on each time you take a screen shot to save as a JPG in your desired location.

awaseniu said:

phatmartino said:

How do I do that in windows 10? I tried shift+S and, cntrl+prt sc. 

I managed to save 3 screenshots. Also, there's a technician coming tomorrow, I will ask his opinion.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 160045.png
    2975 x 1875 - 2M
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 160240.png
    1810 x 1410 - 239K
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 160531.png
    2795 x 1985 - 503K

I should have wrote that the tech was scheduled for a different reason.