Is anyone game?

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162

spuddy - I like your latest, very pretty colours.
    adbc - great stuff, especially the second with the "pavement" under the arch.
    Electro-Elvis - that ring of fire is very effective.
    mermaid - wow, how did you do the blue one with the blocks? (it looks so different from the original setup) and your second that looks almost like a map in a frame is also nice.
    Hansmar - I like your vision of hell!

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,850

Hansmar, that is flaming Hell, wowzers, that's hot.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

So cool (hot?) renders!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,140
    edited December 2020

Hansmar - thanks. A "hellish" scene with the fire.

Another try, still using the original br7 file. The camera is within the torus looking up to the zenith through the GWL (gigantic wide-angle fisheye lens) here about 330° angle of view. The backdrop from an HDRI I made (cheated) from a photograph of the Horse Head nebula in the constellation Orion. The radials are a bit blue, like haze and fog - that's the blue ring, no sun.

Alien Space Vista

AlienSpaceVista.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 213K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,107

NGartplay, Hansmar, MelalieL, Kerya : than you.

Hansmar : awesome hot render.

Horo : very cool image, awesome colours.

mermaid : both images are excellent.

Horo - that's stunning!

Love that Horo.  I like that it has blue in it as it adds interest and a nice contrast.  This looks very alien and the torii have a machine material on them which makes it look like the opening to a spaceship launch.  Really nice work.

Horo - WOW!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,014

Thanks Horo, NGartplay, Hansmar,  Melaniel, Adbc. For the blue one I used materials which were transparent and reflective on both objects, I think the camera just at the edge of the sphere looking down into the torus caused the geometric pattern.

Hansmar  - great fire render

Horo - wow that's awesome.

edited December 2020

Thank you adbc, MelanieL, NGartplay, Kerya and mermaid.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2020

Another two from me ...my last abstracts for 2020 laugh

eta: not sure what happened here are the images, I got disconnected while doing this post.

The 1st is the same as the blue one from the previous page but rendered in Director's view. (very seldom I use this view). For the 2nd one I used the the GWL lens.

abstact11.jpg
    800 x 800 - 672K
    abstract12.jpg
    800 x 800 - 568K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Mermaid, you know it's bad luck to break the mirror, lol.  Excellent fractured look.  Loving the second one too.  That view gives a whole different look to the objects.  The colors are beautiful.

mermaid - when I read your comment earlier I wondered where your two abstracts are. Now they are here. The first looks like something broke - a mirror? The second is like a huge eye. Great colours.
    By the way, embedding the picture(s) in the text works again as usual, no fancy tricks needed anymore.

edited December 2020

mermaid - I like you new ones, especially the "eye and the kidney" - nice colours too.

Post edited by MelanieL on

mermaid - lovely colours!

mermaid : excellent render, vibrant colours.

Thanks for all the nice comment NGartplay, Horo, MelanieL, Kerya and Adbc

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,761
    edited December 2020

MelanieL, NGArtplay, Kerya, Horo, adbc, Mermaid010: Thank you

Horo: Great view. I like the idea of looking in a totally different direction. Great colours too.

Mermaid010: Two great new renders. I like the big eye very much, fantastic colours.

I made a new one where I put the camera closer to one ‘leg’ of the torus and a bit above the middle. The torus is red metal with 90% reflection. Radial lights 1 and 2 (the original ones, I think) are -25 diffuse in a rather dark grey colour and 200 specular. A third radial light in the middle of the torus is 5 diffuse (orange) and 15 specular. The sphere is 100% reflection, 10% transparency, refraction 115, no colour. A infinite reflective plane both at the top and the bottom just inside of the sphere and torus. The refraction on the reflective sphere is an important reason for the orange blob effect. Too much refraction and the blob gets too dark and too little and it is too light. It needed a bit of searching to find the right amount to my taste.

blank-abstract-HM4.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 869K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, I think that is really beautiful.

Hansmar - thank you. I love your newest work, it has nice colours and so much depth.

Hansmar - wow that came out nice, love the colors and depth, thanks for the comment

Hansmar : outstanding abstract, beautiful colours.

Hansmar: just lovely!

edited December 2020

NGartplay, Horo, mermaid010, adbc, Kerya: Many thanks. I made two new ones from the same start. One just with the two infinite reflective planes hidden and another one from the director's chair with (slightly) changed lights.

The first one coud be called 'my new drill' and the second one possibly 'the new lightbulb'.

blank-abstract-4a.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 285K
    blank-abstract-4b.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 196K

That's great stuff Hansmar.  The second one looks like some kind of laser technology firing beams at something.

Hansmar - ah yes, good names, the drill and the light bulp both look great.

Wow Hansmar these are fabulous, your latest 3 renders are tempting me to play with abstracts again. laugh

Hansmar : fantastic renders, great colours.

Hansmar - superb! I like all three but the drill may be my favourite.

edited December 2020

NGartplay, Horo, mermaid010, adbc, MelanieL: Thanks. Myself, I thought that the last one was not sufficiently different, so I decided to do something totally different. Only the sphere, the torus and two lights. The camera is at the bottom inside the torus, which has a glass texture with refraction at 112. The sphere has the sundrop texture by JessicaYR. The camera is looking straigth up and has an FOV of 180. The two sphere lights are at 0, 50 and 52/-52 and are orange and green coloured, but -25 diffuse and 200 specular.

I'll call this: "You want it psychedelic?"

blank-abstract-HM5.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M