Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• I still cannot get the system to accept my information.  Pop ups even though I confirmed my registration number through your e-mail system. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

mereasner said:

I still cannot get the system to accept my information.  Pop ups even though I confirmed my registration number through your e-mail system. 

Please make sure you type in the email address exactly as you signed up (case sensitive), and that there's no space before or after the address in the options page. Same for the passcode: please make sure there are no spaces or other characters before or after the code. If the problem remains even after double-checking this, please send me a private message here on the forums, with your email address so I can take a look.

• achimsachims Posts: 76

Great! DAZ-Deals back. Works in Firefox and all other Browsers. 

I had to STRG+F5 to wipe cache and with "Forgot you passcode?" I received a mail with the (now working again) passcode.

Thank you so much for all the great work Ati.

I can't and won't imagine shopping here without DAZ-Deals. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Thanks for the quick fix, @Ati  I've been using the Add-on for ages, but just recently started using the email notifications, and quickly became addicted to them!

• That fixed it! I'm back to good.

Ati said:

We had a database crash overnight. Everything should be repaired and up and running now. Please let me know if you still experience any issues.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Can we get a filter for "New Arrivals" that we can also sort by price? Sometime funds are limited and would like to have a quick option to sorting the products base on price.

I know it sounds like a bit much to ask, but something to consider. If you only have $23.05 left in Daz Credit, it would be good to sort new items to see what you can afford and if needed.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Tugpsx said:

Can we get a filter for "New Arrivals" that we can also sort by price? Sometime funds are limited and would like to have a quick option to sorting the products base on price.

I know it sounds like a bit much to ask, but something to consider. If you only have $23.05 left in Daz Credit, it would be good to sort new items to see what you can afford and if needed.

This gives you new releases:  https://www.daz3d.com/shop#filter_new=1&filtered=1

Then you can sort by price

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Fixmypcmike said:

Tugpsx said:

This gives you new releases:  https://www.daz3d.com/shop#filter_new=1&filtered=1

Thanks For the filter option will remember to use that.

edited January 2021

Tugpsx said:

Fixmypcmike said:

Tugpsx said:

Thanks For the filter option will remember to use that.

There's also this separate page that only lists the new items: https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

Post edited by Ati on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

Ati said:

We had a database crash overnight. Everything should be repaired and up and running now. Please let me know if you still experience any issues.

Thank you for the fix, appreciated :)

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 766

I turned Daz Deals off for a few weeks. Then I turned it back on today. But it does not work anymore.

I'm using Firefox 84.0.2

lukon100 said:

I turned Daz Deals off for a few weeks. Then I turned it back on today. But it does not work anymore.

I'm using Firefox 84.0.2

Firefox 84 randomly kills of some of the features. Most work, but some require a few page reloads. Quite a few in some cases. We're investigating.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

Just happened this morning. 'Mark Threads I Wrote In' no longer works in Opera Version:73.0.3856.344 which was updated yesterday.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

hi, any options to help old eyes read this site?  i cannot see the light gray font on the prodlib page.  i cant tell the difference between the file downloads.  i  cant see the light blue links.  i can only see hi contrast.

thanks.

i save download files with the actual name of the product.  i copy the name of the product.  save link as, then paste in the name.  then i save the prod image with the name of the product.

i've read that some of us print the product page to pdf.  which sounds like a good idea

• Mystiarra, please help us out. Many would like to assist, but we need more information.

Windows has High Contrast settings, and I'm sure Apple and Android products do, as well. Also browsers have settings or downloadable apps to help you out, but we can't point anything out until we know what you're using.

Please tell us what operating system you're using, and what browser you're using. This is the bare information that might be needed to help out.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Two questions, no rush:

1. I noticed on this item, it shows 2 gallery images, but the gallery is closed it appears, and it was released recently?  Do you know what it is picking up?  Cyberpunk Hair for Genesis 8 Female | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

2. What is the best (recommended) browser option for Android for using this?

Thanks for keeping up with this great tool!

3dOutlaw said:

1. I noticed on this item, it shows 2 gallery images, but the gallery is closed it appears, and it was released recently?  Do you know what it is picking up?  Cyberpunk Hair for Genesis 8 Female | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

The item you linked was released in July, 2020. 

LOL, ok sorry about that.  I just saw a Forum post about it, and it was released around the time I was no longer PC, which seriously diminished my browsing/buying. cheeky  Never noticed it in the store until now.  My bad!

What about a recommended Android browser, any thoughts?

@Overdrawn and @Ati, check your PM's

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Are there any thoughts about being able to use the add on for iPad?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

Have you looked at why 'Mark threads I wrote in' suddenly stopped working in Opera after the last update?

Fishtales said:

Have you looked at why 'Mark threads I wrote in' suddenly stopped working in Opera after the last update?

Not yet. Opera is not my main browser, I'll need to install a few things just to be able to get the script in there. I'll get back to you, but no promises on the time at this point.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

What's with all the New Promo emails?

This morning (NZ time) I opened GMail and I see 6 (six!) identical emails all telling me that Michael 8.1 is the new promo.

marble said:

This morning (NZ time) I opened GMail and I see 6 (six!) identical emails all telling me that Michael 8.1 is the new promo.

They're not identical, a corrected banner was posted each time. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

marble said:

Seems like any change to promo pages trigger an email.   It's not something the add-on makes individual decisions about.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Ati said:

marble said:

They're not identical, a corrected banner was posted each time. 

Thanks - I didn't stop to look for minor corrections mainly because I am not interested in Michael 8.1. 

By the way - sorry to bring it up again but have you made any headway with the browser back-button problem? It still takes me back to page one of a compilation instead of the page I was looking at before clicking on a product to view. It also clears the filters I was using (always returning to the default  "New Arrivals").

• Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391

Mystiarra said:

hi, any options to help old eyes read this site?  i cannot see the light gray font on the prodlib page.  i cant tell the difference between the file downloads.  i  cant see the light blue links.  i can only see hi contrast.

thanks.

i save download files with the actual name of the product.  i copy the name of the product.  save link as, then paste in the name.  then i save the prod image with the name of the product.

i've read that some of us print the product page to pdf.  which sounds like a good idea

Press "Ctrl" button and scroll mouse wheel forward or backward. This will enlarge everything in three times (in Firefox)

edited January 2021

So, if I search for anything, none of my buttons work on the results, like show owned, etc.  Is that a known issue, or a new issue?  :)  Edge (chromium)

...adn it defaults to Hide Items I Own...which is defeating my attempt to search my own stuff using the items I own  

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

3dOutlaw said:

So, if I search for anything, none of my buttons work on the results, like show owned, etc.  Is that a known issue, or a new issue?  :)  Edge (chromium)

...adn it defaults to Hide Items I Own...which is defeating my attempt to search my own stuff using the items I own  

It's known, but that's how the store works at the moment, unfortunately. That page is kind of beyond our control now. We're hoping it will get its original functionality back, and then we can add our extra features to it.

• Ati said:

3dOutlaw said:

It's known, but that's how the store works at the moment, unfortunately. That page is kind of beyond our control now. We're hoping it will get its original functionality back, and then we can add our extra features to it.

Given that DAZ seems to have issues getting their own stuff to work as expected, I think that the browser add-on is doing a remarkable job. Please keep going smiley