Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

Interesting.

Dana

• Sevrin said:
    Ati said:
    Ati said:

Is this webp issue something in firefox? I use chrome, and I can save images as jpeg without doing anything extra.

I can't do it in either Chrome or Firefox, and the problem persists across Mac and PC.

If Daz provides an image as a jpg then I can save it as one, for instance this preview of the new Crew for G8M: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79058/i/crewforgenesis8male03daz3d.jpg

If they serve it as a webP instead, as in the case of another preview for Crew for G8M, then I cannot save it (unaided) as anything except for webP: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79058/i/crewforgenesis8male05daz3d.jpg

The URL has the .jpg extension but even if I load the image into a new tab or window, all attempts to save it (save page as, right click) will use webP and only webP without the use of an additional extension to save webP images as png.

Ah, I see what you mean. I only came across jpg files, it seems.

I always feel like I've used a bit of my cosmic luck for the day whenever I strike jpg, lol. I assumed that DAZ reserved webP for big, bandwidth-devouring promo images, but Sevrin is right and it even extends to forum avatars. Now that I think about it, I've also run into a lot of promos for older/old products that still want to save as webP even though they predate DAZ using much larger promos that we can zoom in on, and are quite small with low resolution.

Obviously that doesn't matter when we're just shopping, but it definitely adds to the already laborious process of cleaning up messy product installations. Being able to save images from the DAZ store directly as jpg or png files would be an awesome feature, though it would be a quality of life improvement as opposed to making the store itself functional.

Speculation: It could be that Daz converts PNG files to webp and leaves jpg files alone, as they're already compressed.

That certainly seems like a strong guess based on what the avatars are doing. The next time I run into one of those older product images that tries to save as webP, I'll open it in a new tab and have a look at the extension.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    namffuak said:
    Overdrawn said:

Are you wanting to be able to download the images without webp compression?

Based on information on this web page I changed image.http.accept from image.webp,*/* to just */* and I no longer get webp format from this site. (I did NOT change image.webp.enabled - still set to true)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I set image.http.accept from nothing to */* and I can download jpg again!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Overdrawn said:
    Mystiarra said:

is the developer of this accepting requests?

any way to fix the webp nonsense?  
    let jpg images save as jpg?
    researched it a bit, seems to be a server side script forcing webp compression, ruins the quality of the image.
    rhanks

Are you wanting to be able to download the images without webp compression?

yes. i would like the product demo render image at the original quality.  thanks.

• What was the verdict on the "Export Cart as CSV" problem? Where you able to duplicate it?

Added the Plush Cat and Lil Gnome to the cart and get the following in the CSV:

[@xxxxxx.local].11915: od -a ~/Downloads-RAC/daz-cart-export-busted.csv
    0000000    "   P   r   o   d   u   c   t  sp   N   a   m   e   "   ,  sp
    0000020    "   B   a   s   e  sp   P   r   i   c   e   "   ,  sp   "   C
    0000040    a   r   t  sp   P   r   i   c   e   "  nl   "   P   l   u   s
    0000060    h  sp   C   a   t  nl  nl   L   i   l  sp   G   n   o   m   e
    0000100    "   ,   $   1   4   .   9   5  nl  nl   $   9   .   9   5   ,
    0000120    $   0   .   0   0  nl  nl   $   0   .   0   0                
    [@xxxxxx.local].11916:

Looks like only the header is written out correctly. The rest is a mess.

My question wasn't answered, and now it's on a previous page.  sad

Dana

• DanaTA said:

There are a lot of comments to read here and in the former thread.  Is there a problem with the filter for using the PA coupon?  When I click that, it only shows me 19 items.  I have a huge wishlist and I know there are hundreds of items that qualify.  I have changed the settings to show only 120 items at a time, because I remembered someone saying we should do that (or 60) rather than "Show All" (which I usually have set)  If I uncheck DAZ Originals from the vendors list, a whole lot more show with the DO logo.

In Extensions it shows the DAZ Deals as 2.5.1.  Is that the correct version?  Does it update itself, or do I need to remove it and then go get it again?

Tonight is the deadline for using the coupon.  I always wait until the last minute.  frown

Dana

Sorry for the wait here, Dana. 2.5.1 is the latest and greatest as of this writing.

Are you trying the coupon link on your Wishlist page? They both seem to be working on the Shop and Category pages just fine.

I will note that these links just generate new URL's and the store (not the extension) does the filtering. However, I did notice (while testing) that these filtered URLs aren't always triggering a refresh/"clear all" then apply the setting scenario, so if you click one coupon and then the other that sometimes results in weird results. :-P

Let me know if you're only having this issue on the Wishlist page, or if it's happening elsewhere too.

Thanks!

I just tried the PC+ coupon link on the main catalog page.  I thought we could only use that coupon on things that were a certain age, not new items.  But Topsy is showing, and that just came out in the last few days!  In my wishlist, it shows 17 items.  I know there are a lot more than that!

This may be a store issue, though.  It still seems to be in disarray.  I used my coupon at the end of the month...just had to uncheck the PC+ link and look through for PA items with it's help.  It worked out OK, for now.

Dana

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

DanaTA said:

I thought we could only use that coupon on things that were a certain age, not new items.  But Topsy is showing, and that just came out in the last few days! 

The "Save6" coupon excludes new releases, but the "PlatClub" coupon does not. You can use that on brand new releases, even items that were released today. 

Ati said:

DanaTA said:

I thought we could only use that coupon on things that were a certain age, not new items.  But Topsy is showing, and that just came out in the last few days! 

The "Save6" coupon excludes new releases, but the "PlatClub" coupon does not. You can use that on brand new releases, even items that were released today. 

Oh, I thought the restriction was on both.  Anyway, new items didn't used to show up when I used that link.  

Still, the display of only 17 items is way off.  I'm sure it has something to do with the new store software, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Dana

• The checkboxes for "Hide Items I Own", "Only Show PC+", "Only Show WishList", and "Only Show Own" do not seem to work on the "Serch results" page when searching in the "Search Store".
    Is it a problem with my settings?

This is an automatic translation from Japanese.

• The checkboxes for "Hide Items I Own", "Only Show PC+", "Only Show WishList", and "Only Show Own" do not seem to work on the "Serch results" page when searching in the "Search Store".

Space Jingoroh said:

The checkboxes for "Hide Items I Own", "Only Show PC+", "Only Show WishList", and "Only Show Own" do not seem to work on the "Serch results" page when searching in the "Search Store".

Unfortunately, the entire "Search store" feature in the store is unstable at this point. That needs to be stable before we can see if anything needs fixing there on our part.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Todays email link is missing a / between com and the ...

https://www.daz3d.comthe-2020-holiday-sale/

• Sorry if I'm late to the party on this.

Reduced circumstances means I don't visit my wishlist as often as I used to, but today I did, and the comments are all gone!

I had done quite a bit of # tagging to create my own filter categories. Fortunately, those categories are still there, but I can no longer see/edit them in the wishlist and I cannot add new ones. 

So I'm wondering what

• Are wishlist comments gone for good?
    • Are they gone for now due to the site update (and possibly returning...)
    • Are they in limbo - gone from the front end, still available via the API but it's only a matter of time until they vanish completely
    • OR --- is it just my Chrome installation being weird and nobody else is seeing this?
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

jim_doria said:

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this.

Reduced circumstances means I don't visit my wishlist as often as I used to, but today I did, and the comments are all gone!

I had done quite a bit of # tagging to create my own filter categories. Fortunately, those categories are still there, but I can no longer see/edit them in the wishlist and I cannot add new ones. 

So I'm wondering what

• Are wishlist comments gone for good?
    • Are they gone for now due to the site update (and possibly returning...)
    • Are they in limbo - gone from the front end, still available via the API but it's only a matter of time until they vanish completely
    • OR --- is it just my Chrome installation being weird and nobody else is seeing this?

Comments are all gone for now.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,673

Imge info in FF is showing image type as webp regardless of extension. If you save it out of FF w/jpg extension, you'll get a 0x0px blank image. Usually, in a case like that, I copy the image, paste to a blank file in another program, and save from there. We can probably get an extension to fix that, I haven't tried any yet to make a recommendation.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073

Torquinox said:

Imge info in FF is showing image type as webp regardless of extension. If you save it out of FF w/jpg extension, you'll get a 0x0px blank image. Usually, in a case like that, I copy the image, paste to a blank file in another program, and save from there. We can probably get an extension to  fix that, I haven't tried any yet to make a recommendation.

This works in Firefox: 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,673

namffuak said:

Torquinox said:

Imge info in FF is showing image type as webp regardless of extension. If you save it out of FF w/jpg extension, you'll get a 0x0px blank image. Usually, in a case like that, I copy the image, paste to a blank file in another program, and save from there. We can probably get an extension to  fix that, I haven't tried any yet to make a recommendation.

This works in Firefox: 

That did the trick! Thanks for the pointer. :)

jim_doria said:

The comments themselves were part of the core store, and with the store change, they have been completely removed. That is not and has never been in our control. However, @Overdrawn is working on a feature that may bring back the comments feature as part of the addon.

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

I can't see the "add-on" and "required items" check boxes any more. How do I get them back? Is this because of the store redesign?

sueya said:

I can't see the "add-on" and "required items" check boxes any more. How do I get them back? Is this because of the store redesign?

They should be there. Make sure you have your notification email and passcode entered on the options page. This feature only works if you are signed up for notifications because the list of products is calculated on our servers, based on what items you already have.

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Ati said:

sueya said:

They should be there. Make sure you have your notification email and passcode entered on the options page. This feature only works if you are signed up for notifications because the list of products is calculated on our servers, based on what items you already have.

Thanks for the advice. I had somehow switched off the email notifications.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,085

I HATE the new version. (Firefox) Whenever I want to look up a product I already own–sometimes I just want to look at the promo images–the "hide alaready owned" is automatically on. And that is fine, I can uncheck it. However, if there is only one product meching the search the browser immediately and automatically loads that product page and there is no going back. In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

• lou_harper said:

I HATE the new version. (Firefox) Whenever I want to look up a product I already own–sometimes I just want to look at the promo images–the "hide alaready owned" is automatically on. And that is fine, I can uncheck it. However, if there is only one product meching the search the browser immediately and automatically loads that product page and there is no going back. In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

All but the last are issues with the store, not the plug in.

lou_harper said:

In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

As Richard said, this is the only feature that is part of the addon. For this to work, please make sure you are logged in. The list of owned products is only loaded in your browser when you are logged in.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Ati said:

lou_harper said:

In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

As Richard said, this is the only feature that is part of the addon. For this to work, please make sure you are logged in. The list of owned products is only loaded in your browser when you are logged in.

Since Daz never seems sure whether we're logged in or not, is there anyway the add-on can tell us?

• I didn't check the previous thread to see if this was brought up & it's a small thing. When I use the Plat Club Coupon filter, the results don't include Daz Originals that also have a PA listed. I read somewhere on the forums that those DOs no longer have the DO tag, so the problem may be out of your hands.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,085

Ati said:

lou_harper said:

Of course I'm logged in. I'm always logged in. And I have this problem consistently.

• lou_harper said:

Ati said:

lou_harper said:

Of course I'm logged in. I'm always logged in. And I have this problem consistently.

I never know if I'm going to be logged in or not, but that's been an ongoing thing forever.  That said, I'm using the Chrome version of the add-on and also see that the "Only show WishList" and "Only show owned" check boxs do not seem to work when looking at search results.  So, if I use the search bar to look up "ZWorld", for example, I get 17 items.  Turn off "Hide Items I Own" and it shows 18 items, adding in the one I own.  But if I turn on "Only show owned" or "Only show WishList", nothing changes.  17 items, same as if the "Hide" checkbox is turned on.  The check boxes do, though, appear to work as normal when looking at other item lists, like the big master one off of the Shop button or the View All Items buttons off of the sale pages.