DIM: Install Error: This package cannot be installed.

2»

Comments

• Well, that was interesting.

I booted my laptop this morning, checked the properties tab on the DAZ folder again. Creator still has no privileges (same screen as uploaded before.) That much I expected.  But when I clicked on the Advanced tab as Fixmypcmike suggested, the Advanced popup window stated that Creator does has privileges -- directly contradicting what the previous popup window stated (see attached).

So at this point, I thought, "Oh, the heck with it," and decided to try to install Studio and the Starter Essentials one more time. And voila! they all went through! I now have Studio up and running on my laptop!

Now did the changes I made/didn't make(?!?) to privileges have any effect on the outcome? Or maybe the failure to install the first time around was simply due to user error (meaning: all my fault)?  No clue. Either way, doesn't matter. I've got Studio and DIM working for me now, and that's what counts. 

Anyway, thanks to Fixmypcmike and everybody else who tried to help. Your time was appreciated.

Properties B03.png
    1022 x 639 - 43K
  • Not working in a COMPLETELY NEW install of Windows 11 22H2 either.

I had trouble even installing Daz. Afterwards, it is impossible to install plugins to the %programfiles%\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins folder.

It is also impossible to changer the CREATOR OWNER rights.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

What security software are you using?

• Are you being prompted to all DazDImHelper to run, and are you doing so?