Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures part 3

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    Sevrin said:

Artistic liberties have too be taken in that regard.

Naw, I just think that they get lazy and just use whatever generic body shape they have lying around.  

Them's fighting words to imply that the creators are being lazy.  More likely, they are using some artistic license to avoid legal issues in connection to using a celebrity image.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Sevrin said:

Naw, I just think that they get lazy and just use whatever generic body shape they have lying around.  

There also might be a severe lack of source - unclothed - source material, which keeps the artists going for "more or less educated guesswork" instead

• Sevrin said:

There also might be a severe lack of source - unclothed - source material, which keeps the artists going for "more or less educated guesswork" instead

For most celebs you can get basic information like this https://www.celebheights.com/s/Cara-Delevingne-4983.html 

and use measure metrics and it would be better than random bodies.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,779
    edited November 2020

Kumi Leiko reminds me of Olivia Munn:

tiff-Olivia_Munn_0793-t.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 181K
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • Sevrin said:

So I did that on a character once and got comments about how stylized the body looked XD

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Sevrin said:

So I did that on a character once and got comments about how stylized the body looked XD

Yeah, probably one of those "damned if You do, damned when You don't" situations wink

• Sevrin said:

Yeah, probably one of those "damned if You do, damned when You don't" situations wink

Exactly. Actors and actresses tend to have what normal people would consider very unrealistic body shapes, and what they have normally vs when they are working on a film are different too. 

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    Sevrin said:

Exactly. Actors and actresses tend to have what normal people would consider very unrealistic body shapes, and what they have normally vs when they are working on a film are different too. 

Yeah imagine - for example - a realistically proportioned likeness of Christian Bale...

Although imo having a Christian Bale likeness with multiple body options would be a really cool resource to have.

57b89225-3c02-4f65-9b9b-a857c4826e7c[1].jpeg
    1080 x 810 - 65K
  • RayDAnt said:
    Sevrin said:

Yeah imagine - for example - a realistically proportioned likeness of Christian Bale...

Although imo having a Christian Bale likeness with multiple body options would be a really cool resource to have.

That is probably the best and most extreme example you could have come up with XD Bravo :D

• RayDAnt said:
    Sevrin said:

That so true. I remember reading when Bale did The Machinist movie. In 1 week, was on the set of BatMan Begins. Having gained back some weight that fast. Crazy what some of them do for their work. He was so thin and bony in that movie. 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited November 2020

But even Bale doesn't tend to lose or gain height

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480
    Haruchai said:
    Sevrin said:
    Haruchai said:

Another Cara Delevingne (spelled it right this time) at CGbytes by MarcosGAB. Character just called Cara, which was a bit of a clue.

Thing is, that all of the Cara lookalikes kind of get the head right, but none get the body shape even close.

And not just Cara

And not just celebrity lookalikes... Meaning, the body-morphs sometimes being just excess baggage, way too distorted/out of proportions for any human figure, even when not supposed to be a toon, monster or an alien figure.

• Haruchai said:

But even Bale doesn't tend to lose or gain height

True, however... poses are made, generally, for specific heights for base G8 and the base Daz O figures and it can seriously mess up poses. There are height dials to get the height you want, and it's easier for one person to get the exact height they want and adjust the pose than it is for everyone to.

• Medea for Genesis 8 Female by Sangriart

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/medea-for-genesis-8-female/145446/

'Medea is a custom character for Genesis 8 Female inspired by classical art.'

So not based on anybody ? Still an instant buy for me.
    Steve.

• I think some of the SASE characters may have celebrity models - the problem for identificiation (not making a criticism - they look great) is because of the way they're stylized recognition searches tend to come back as gemma ward or ana rujas.

But for example I'm pretty sure SASE Greta is based on Natalie Alyn Lind:

tumblr_74b2c9e2342829ccbfef83fc83f6813a_faf6e720_1280.jpg
    1143 x 1920 - 369K
    Full138405_78df2b5e4f0753d12b83aa054f2114ff.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 937K
  • Just to add, something I've realised in my own attempts using dials that may play into some of the resemblance differences with some models is that if you use multiple reference photos but with different focal lengths it can introduce distortions. Setting up the DAZ camera to match the reference photo's camera configuration seems to help.

• Does anyone know if there are any 3d models of the interiors of TV show houses? Like Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory or Friends, etc?

New Medea by Sangriart appears to be an OC. Updated the page 1 list to keep it current and for info in case anyone checks it out.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Any resemblance?

004.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 579K
    003.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 766K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847

Anyone identified this one? KrashWerks RACHEL for Genesis 8 Female

• Vyusur said:

Any resemblance?

looks a little like Chyler Leigh from Supergirl

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,779
    edited November 2020
    nDelphi said:

Reminds me of Halle Berry:

halle-berry-10.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 129K
    product_image_full_523949_92e1d3143fd8f60b35e96a0583aa076f.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 795K
    Post edited by Hylas on
    beowolf said:
    Vyusur said:

Any resemblance?

Nope. Maybe now?

006.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    007.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Hylas said:
    nDelphi said:

Reminds me of Halle Berry:

Close enough for me to add her to the list, good call.

Vyusur said:
    beowolf said:
    Vyusur said:

Any resemblance?

Nope. Maybe now?

Reminds me of Cara Delevingne, but I seem to be seeing her in everyone at the minute :)

Haruchai said:
    Vyusur said:
    beowolf said:
    Vyusur said:

Any resemblance?

Nope. Maybe now?

Reminds me of Cara Delevingne, but I seem to be seeing her in everyone at the minute :)

Bingo!

Vyusur said:
    beowolf said:
    Vyusur said:

Vyusur said:
    Haruchai said:
    Vyusur said:
    beowolf said:
    Vyusur said:

Any resemblance?

Nope. Maybe now?

Bingo!

Hooray, I was going to say her on your first post but thought people might  think  'Here he goes again seeing Cara Delevingne again'. This to say I think you did a great job.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

my take was cara delevinge, too.   a very nice likeness of the actress, too, Vyusur...you really captured her charm, and that indefinable semi-exotic look she has.  great work!

:)

j

jardine said:

my take was cara delevinge, too.   a very nice likeness of the actress, too, Vyusur...you really captured her charm, and that indefinable semi-exotic look she has.  great work!

:)

j

Thank you so much!

• Vyusur said:
    beowolf said:
    Vyusur said:

Any resemblance?

Nope. Maybe now?

Damn, I knew that I forgot something checking out half an hour ago. Well then, wishlisted at least.

This discussion has been closed.