i13 100 Essential Expressions for Victoria 7 - GONE - OTHERS AS WELL

Hey everyone,

About 1/2 to 2/3 of my expressions are missing in Smart Content and Content Library.  Most are G3.  Tried reinstalling via DIM nothing.  Tried installing in DAZ3d 4.12 they don't even show up to be installed, updated or in the Smart Content.  Also tried manual upload and that didn't work.  DIM says I own them, Daz3d says I own them but DAZ 4.12 doesn't show them.  What the heck happened?!?

Thanks

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

I am seeing missing Genesis 3 Female expressions too.  I install via Daz Connect when available and created short cuts to populate my Daz Formats Library.  I can easily scan through the expression folders in the Daz Studio Format Library and see which folder of short cuts are no longer valid as the icons are replaced with a ? icon.  There are ALOT if them in this condition. 

I examined one of the products 22086 Victoria 7 Extreme Expression and here are issues I found:

1. The product is missing from the Smart Content Tab, the product will not come up searching for sku::22086 on the Smart Content tab.
    2. The product is missing from the Product Library listing
    3. The .jpg and .json file DO EXIST in \My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\meta and I can view them.
    4. The product files DO EXIST in My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22086 and appear to be "working", ie: decrypted.

I did install this product with DIM and here are the issues I found:

1. The Product did install, and I can see the product and files in the Daz Studio Formats library in Genesis 3 Female/Expressions
    2. The files are operable.
    3. The product does not have metadata, which prevents it from showing on the Smart Content Tab
    4. The metadata files are in Runtime/Support and eyeballing the .dsx file a product is declared and the path to the files are correct.
    5. The product is missing from the Product Library listing as there is no product assigned.

Tested in DS Beta 4.12.2.6 and DS 4.9.2.70

Real odd situation, it's obviously some issue on DAZ's end.  I'm not going to spend anymore time trying to fix something I can't fix.  Being that it's affecting others, I'm just going to sit back and see if it clears itself.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited September 2020

One thing comes to mind...

\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\meta and \data\cloud\1_22086

Those are not "proper" paths for the files as the paths have originally been specified, but the readme and filelist (with proper paths) seems to have vanished as well from the DAZ server at least for Victoria 7 Extreme Expression...
    If you download the zip manually from "My Account\Product Library" at the DAZ site, you should see the proper paths inside the zip.

Edit: Now it started working... http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/22086/file_list

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Just reopened and I have no expressions now in my Smart Content at all.  Some do show up in Content Library but not all.

PerttiA said:

One thing comes to mind...

\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\meta and \data\cloud\1_22086

Those are not "proper" paths for the files as the paths have originally been specified, but the readme and filelist (with proper paths) seems to have vanished as well from the DAZ server at least for Victoria 7 Extreme Expression...
    If you download the zip manually from "My Account\Product Library" at the DAZ site, you should see the proper paths inside the zip.

Edit: Now it started working... http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/22086/file_list

Those file path's quoted are when you install with Daz Connect which is entirely different from a DIM install file paths as shown in the file_list link above.

edited September 2020

I've been poking around looking for additional missing products and I've found A LOT of products that were once installed with Daz Connect and they no long show up on the Smart Content tab and also in the Product Library.  The missing product's meta files and folder of the product's files DO EXIST in the Daz Connect directory, they just aren't displaying any longer and are not accessible within DS. 

I've check the file count in the Daz Connect META folder and there are 30,736 files.  Assuming there are two files per product, a product .jpg and a .json meta data file that translates to 15,368 products.  When I look at the product count on the Smart Content tab there are only 12,611.  That is a descrepancy of 2,757 products that are missing from he Smart Content>Products tab.

My hunch is there is limit on how many products Smart Content>Products can display and it will just drop products as new ones are purchased and installed. I'll file a ticket and see what support says.

Edit: for clarity

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • I've been having a problem over the last week with products just suddenly disappearing from my product library, and I know at least some other people are having this issue as well. I hae a ticket open, and tech support is responding, but so far nothing they've suggested has helped. So I thought I'd start a thread where we can pool together information we've gathered, and maybe even figure out a pattern or a *gasp* solution.

I have Daz installed on two different computers, and I have had this problem on both (although different items are disappearing on each computer). Some of the products that disappeared were installed though Connect; others were installed through the DIM. Some are really old, others are new.

I'm starting a running list of affected products - if you've also had this issue, please add the products from your library that have been affected. If you've had this problem and fixed it, OMG PLEASE POST HOW!! 

In the interest of creating a streamlined list, let's try to save our complaints for other threads, because everyone having this issue knows just how much it completely sucks.

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 402
    edited September 2020

Affected Products

• SKU# 16933            Teen Josie 6 ​
    • SKU# 17264            ​​Scarf Braid Hair 
    • SKU# 17050            Casual Jeans and T-Shirt for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)
    • SKU# 17576            Trendy Layers for Casual Jeans and T-Shirt
    • SKU# ?????             Slacking for Casual Jeans and T-Shirt
    • SKU# 18059            Cross-back Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    • SKU# 18060            Cross-back Dress Textures
    • SKU# 18534            ​​Giselle 6 
    • SKU# 18844            ​Spriteling for Giselle 6 
    • SKU# 19650            Feral Fey Wings
    • SKU# 20021            ​​Belle 6 
    • SKU# 22135            Painter's Lights
    • SKU# 22231            ​​Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
    • SKU# 22362            Beautiful Skin Iray Genesis 2 Female(s)
    • SKU# 22363            Beautiful Skin Iray Genesis 2 Male(s)
    • SKU# 23435            Malice and Mayhem
    • SKU# 24296            Bella Donna Dress for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    • SKU# 30790            ​​Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.2 for Iray
    • SKU# 33185            ​​Promo Style Catch Lights for Iray 
    • SKU# 36525            Careless Braid for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    • SKU# 37449            Classic Tuxedo for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    • SKU# 37451            Classic Tuxedo Textures
    • SKU# 40975            Morning Star Wings for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    • SKU# 43673            Victoria 8
    • SKU# 47091            dForce Gored Dress for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    • SKU# 49691            Edward 8
    • SKU# 49699            Edward 8 HD Add-On
    • SKU# 50109            dForce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets
    • SKU# 50909            Penny 8
    • SKU# 52701            dForce Wizard Lore Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    • SKU# 55453            dForce Duchess Dress for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    • SKU# 56181            ​DG Iray 200 Hair Color Shaders and Merchant Resource

edited to add more products

Post edited by LaPartita on
    edited September 2020

I just submitted this ticket:

Request #347239 - Products installed with Daz Connect are now missing

There are user reports in the Daz Forums that products that were once installed are missing. I install my Daz products with Daz Connect when available. I then populate the Daz Studio Formats library with shortcuts dragged from the Smart Content tab. I can easily identify these missing products by scrolling through the Daz Studio Formats library looking for broken shortcut links. I have found many products, too many, that are missing.

The missing product's meta files (in the meta folder) and folder of the product's files (in the cloud folder) DO EXIST, they just aren't displaying any longer and are not accessible within DS.

I've check the file count in the Daz Connect META folder and there are 30,736 files. Assuming there are two files per product, a product .jpg and a .json metadata file that translates to 15,368 products. When I look at the product count on the Smart Content tab there are only 12,611. That is a discrepancy of 2,757 products that are missing from the Smart Content>Products tab.

For one of the missing products, and installed it with DIM. The files installed into the Daz Studio format library, but there is no product created and no metadata assigned to the product's files. The Runtime>Support files do exist, the metadata creation is being ignored.

QUESTION:

Is there a limit on the number of products Smart Content>Products can display and drop products as new products are installed; Or is there a limit on how many records the CMS database can hold? I also have install lots of third party products with Content Package Assist and create metadata for them. My LOCAL_USER account in Products>L is showing over 10,000 records.

I can provide pictures if needed, just let me know
    -----------------------------------------------
    Edit: I checked through three categories of Products and found these were installed at one time via Daz Connect, and now they no longer display on the Smart Content Tab and Products Library even though the Product files exist in the Meta and Cloud product folders. 

I've stopped out of frustration that this is just the "tip of the iceberg".

CARNIVAL
    17135 Cotton Candy for Carnival Carousel
    17577 Cotton Candy for Carnival Entrance and Picnic Tables
    17199 Cotton Candy for Carnival Midway and Interiors
    17290 Cotton Candy for Carnival Tent and Interior
    17394 Cotton Candy for Carousel Swing Ride
    17465 Cotton Candy for Ferris Wheel

ANIMALS
    17848 Polar Bear by AM
    17921 Griffin Wings for DAZ Big Cat 2
    22730 Equine Dreams

DRAGON 3
    18160 DAZ Dragon 3
    22102 Legendary Wings & Fins HD for DAZ Dragon 3
    19056 DAZ Dragon 3 Wing Membrane Expansion
    18809 Creatures of Legend for DAZ Dragon 3
    19077 Hellborn Dragon HD for DAZ Dragon 3
    19078 Spectral Dragon HD for DAZ Dragon 3
    18650 Svelldreki - The Snow Dragon HD
    19096 Zilladreki - The Monster Dragon HD
    18916 Armored Chain Saddle for DAZ Dragon
    19367 Mec4D Dragonesia Armor Suit for DAZ Dragon 3
    18859 Ridged Plate Armor for DAZ Dragon 3
    18860 Ridged Plate Armor Textures
    18847 Strap Saddle for DAZ Dragon 3
    18721 War Armor for the DAZ Dragon 3
    19011 DAZ Dragon 3 Textures
    18574 BWC Mighty Dragon Poses for DAZ Dragon 3
    18932 Capsces Poses DAZ Dragon 3
    18499 Cinematic Poses for DAZ Dragon 3
    18639 DAZ Dragon 3 Fantasy Poses
    18418 Dragon Trainers Toolbox
    19136 DRAGON WORLDS Poses for DAZ Dragon 3
    21713 Oriental Dragon and DAZ Dragon 3 Poses
    18704 Capsces Shapes for DAZ Dragon 3
    18907 Mythic Beasts for the DAZ Dragon 3

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • I have a few of the products in your list and they are still there.

Painter's Lights

Victoria 8

Penny 8

Careless Braid for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Edward 8 HD Add-On

dForce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets

dForce Duchess Dress for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

DG Iray 200 Hair Color Shaders and Merchant Resource

• All, I mean ALL, my expressions are gone.  Tried to use DIM to get them back but doesn't work.  DAZ3d shows I own them and so does DIM.  

• Lindsey said:

I've been poking around looking for additional missing products and I've found A LOT of products that were once installed with Daz Connect and they no long show up on the Smart Content tab and also in the Product Library.  The missing product's meta files and folder of the product's files DO EXIST in the Daz Connect directory, they just aren't displaying any longer and are not accessible within DS. 

I've check the file count in the Daz Connect META folder and there are 30,736 files.  Assuming there are two files per product, a product .jpg and a .json meta data file that translates to 15,368 products.  When I look at the product count on the Smart Content tab there are only 12,611.  That is a descrepancy of 2,757 products that are missing from he Smart Content>Products tab.

My hunch is there is limit on how many products Smart Content>Products can display and it will just drop products as new ones are purchased and installed. I'll file a ticket and see what support says.

Edit: for clarity

All my Expressions no longer show up in smart content and only a handful of like 30ish are in Content Library.  I think this is a bigger issue than just too much content. 

• Discussions were merged as they had the same topic.

• We have flagged this up for Daz.

• I noticed this today. No longer have access to Everyday Drinks (22756) and Singers of Chzor (20116). They are just the ones I noticed though.

Can't get them back into Smart Content. They don't appear in saved scenes. Reset the database and reloaded it but they are not showing up.

I can find the files on the hard drive - even the meta data and the thumbnail - but it's as if Daz is refusing to acknowledge them.

• I also have missing files and missing packages from Smart Content.  It seems it touches anything I load up and work on and saving it can delete these files.  What is happening???  I've gotten around some of it for now by re-installing manual packages I can download from Daz, but this is becoming a big problem and I hope a solution is found.  This is on 4.12.1.118 which has been running fine for a long time until yesterday.

• We have flagged this up for Daz.

Thanks Richard.  Got back access to some items this morning but still missing maybe 1/3 including the product in the subject header.

• Daz is aware of the issue now, it's just a matter of fixing it.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588

My library decreased from 4935 to 4035 products, 900 entries vanished.

edited September 2020

This is on 4.12.1.118 which has been running fine for a long time until yesterday.

It's not a matter of version, it's from the server side. 4.11 and 4.10 have the same issue.

I think people who work offline don't have it.

Maybe they should remove Daz Connect, it's more a source of problems.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Also missing...
    23852 - iRadiance - Light Probe HDR Lighting for Iray - Expansion 1
    23854 - iRadiance - Light Probe HDR Lighting for Iray - Expansion 2

edited September 2020

Including The Guy 7, The Girl 6, Aiko 6, Darius 6, Monique 6, Gianni 6 & 7, Michael 6 & 7, Lee 7

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Noah LGP said:

This is on 4.12.1.118 which has been running fine for a long time until yesterday.

It's not a matter of version, it's from the server side. 4.11 and 4.10 have the same issue.

I think people who work offline don't have it.

Right, I went on-line to test and had one of the known issue products vanish (and no doubt all the rest too). It's unlikely that people who are reading this thread will not already have the issue, but if you haven't taken DS on-line yet try not to until the issue is resolved.

Noah LGP said:

Maybe they should remove Daz Connect, it's more a source of problems.

• I have a few of the products in your list and they are still there.

Painter's Lights

Victoria 8

Penny 8

Careless Braid for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Edward 8 HD Add-On

dForce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets

dForce Duchess Dress for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

DG Iray 200 Hair Color Shaders and Merchant Resource

They disappeared on one computer, but not the other. Strange, huh?

We have flagged this up for Daz.

Thanks!!!

• This should now be fixed, so all of the products should show up in Daz Connect as they were previously.

Here's the nitty gritty about what happened: I am currently moving the download location of all of the product files from our old machines over to a new cloud-based file provider. While new products have been getting transferred from the new provider for a few weeks now I just started transferring existing products earlier this week. I was cautious with the initial transfers, starting with just a hundred products or so, then moving on to everything with a SKU above 70,000. After checking in with customer service and not hearing any complaints I went bigger and did everything above SKU 60,000. Once again, there were no complaints in either the forums or directly to customer service. So this weekend I was going to be doing some other work anyways so I lined up a big transfer and selected everything with a SKU above ~15,000. Unfortunately it looks like the store software had a bug in it that was fixed but it caused the data on the store side to be missing important pieces of information, it seemingly affected products in the mid 20,000 to the low 30,000's but was fine after that. This went unnoticed because the store software managed to get that information over to the durable cache of the download servers before losing bits of data on it's end. Well, when transferring the products the store data was updated with the new storage locations and caused the cache of the download servers to be refreshed with the missing data. The silver lining of this cloud is that fortunately this all happened in preparation for moving to the new store software so I was able to write some little programs this weekend to fill back in the blanks based on the source files on the old download servers.

• DAZ_Rawb said:

This should now be fixed, so all of the products should show up in Daz Connect as they were previously.

I'm still having the same problem.is there any steps I need to take? like re importing my meta data or some type of update?

Updating metadata for 945 items......  I'm starting to seeing previously missing products... !!

DAZ_Rawb - Thanks for quickly addressing this issue!

Now I will keep Daz Studio offline.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

There is a reason why some prefer using DS on a computer without Internet access, the reason not being paranoia...

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    DAZ_Rawb said:

This should now be fixed, so all of the products should show up in Daz Connect as they were previously.

Thanks for the clear explanation much appreciated!

• DAZ_Rawb said:

I'm still having the same problem.is there any steps I need to take? like re importing my meta data or some type of update?

Have you allowed DS to go online?