Why might a product not appear AT ALL

Suddenly I have products missing. They are still in my product library. The are INSTALLED via Connect, but Studio can not find them.  They don't show anywhere, and saved files or what have you that reference them say the files are missing.  But I am LOOKING AT THEM.

Then I install with DIM and they are STILL missing.  Re-import metadata from the queue and STILL missing.

And on top of that... c'mon. Really? I know I'm not the moderators' favorite person, but having login servers down is a valid complaint.

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited September 2020

here's just one example (and the list seems to change each time I load this character). The file is cleary where it is supposed to be, yes that is my Connect directory and yes it is mapped in Studio. So why is it that Studio can not find it.

missing.PNG
    1227 x 503 - 485K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    edited September 2020

If something is installed both with DIM and Connect DS will always use the Connect files when loaded from smart content, so installing with DIM would not help if there's something wrong with the Connect files.

Error messages in your screenshot are about missing morph files, not textures, so I'm not sure what it's supposed to show...

Edit: apparently I missed the last line...

What is registered as Connect content directory in DS?

Post edited by Leana on

As for the login problems, the moderator simply merged your post with the thread which already existed on the subject.

The Connect Library is the file path shown. In fact, its the default path. C:\Users\Public\Documents\etcetera

Leana said:

If something is installed both with DIM and Connect DS will always use the Connect files when loaded from smart content, so installing with DIM would not help if there's something wrong with the Connect files.

Error messages in your screenshot are about missing morph files, not textures, so I'm not sure what it's supposed to show...

Edit: apparently I missed the last line...

What is registered as Connect content directory in DS?

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 175

Same issue in the last hour.  I'm thinking its related to the work they have been doing on fixing the login speed in the last 2 hours.

• I've been having this same issue for a few days now - I have no idea why. Sometimes reinstalling the product with the DIM helps, but not always.

• plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127
    edited September 2020

Thank God me too!  Just happened!  About 3/4 of Expressions are missing this morning!

So is DAZ aware and are they working on the issue?  Seems like this was kind of fluffed off...

Post edited by plaul2002 on

Did anyone report it to support?

• plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127
    edited September 2020

I did.  

I just opened again and now all Expressions are gone from Smart Content.  Some remain in Content Library but not many.  Whole day wasted work wise.  Be nice if DAZ would let us kow when scheduled maintance (if that is what this is) was going to occur.  Help us better schedule our own work.  Just saying.  He it gets fixed soon!

Post edited by plaul2002 on

Report it to support! That's a good one.  I have had a ticket open for a year. They just got back to me and said they were going to escalate it. Then they closed it.

If I didn't have so much money, time and emotion invested in this hobby, I'd be ready to chuck it all at this point.

Connect is utterly FUBAR. Is this because of Central, which is abysmal beyond belief?

Why is Connect FUBAR? I would like some answers.

As an exercise in futility, I've opened a ticket. I expect exactly nothing to come of it.

Now I just gotta figure out how to move and consildate and start using DIM again, because I am not using Central and Connect is clearly a thing of the past.  Went the way of that data librarian I'm thinking.

• I have an open ticket; they suggested I re-import metadata, which i tried but it didn't help.

• LaPartita said:

I have an open ticket; they suggested I re-import metadata, which i tried but it didn't help.

Yeah didn't help me either.

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 175

You can 're-gain' access to products by installing them again with Daz install manager. 

jmtbank said:

You can 're-gain' access to products by installing them again with Daz install manager. 

No, actually, if you read my post... I tried that. They STILL DON"T APPEAR.  They are NO WHERE.  Not in Smart Content, not in Products.

• I see this with the UHT Hair Shaders, it was there (not having had DS log in since Thursday or friday) and when I connected it immediately vanished. We will flag this up for Daz.

• Just chiming in that I seem to have the same problem starting yesterday. Products and scenes that worked fine for years suddenly missing files and unable to properly load in. Tons of products I use all the time completely missing in Daz Studio all of a sudden. Haven't made any changes to my directories or Daz setup or product installations in months.

• Same problem here.  Daz Connect is missing tons of my content.  The files are there within the network of Daz Connect folders, but Daz Studio can't find the necessary files for rendering and Smart Content doesn't show my unlocked products.  I'm very unhappy with this and I hope it is fixed soon.

• Same problem here. Keep re-installing via DAZ3DIM. Not helping. The files are there. I can see them, but the program says they're missing. Was really bad yesterday.

• Daz is aware of the issue and is working on it

• Daz is aware of the issue and is working on it

Thank you!

Daz is aware of the issue and is working on it

Thank you, Richard.

Once its fixed, I have to reinstall everything because I flattened the database thinking I had some sort of corruption. I just wanted things to work, I just wanted to get the image out of my head. Its gone now, of course.

• Same problem here too. I am brand new to Daz3D and purchased content yesterday.  I've been reading everything I can find for Daz3D tutorials, video tutorials, tech docs, etc though while I wait to get a response to my tech support ticket.  

• Same problem here too. I am brand new to Daz3D and purchased content yesterday.  I've been reading everything I can find for Daz3D tutorials, video tutorials, tech docs, etc though while I wait to get a response to my tech support ticket.  

This is a general issue, you don't need a ticket. If there is still an issue after it's fixed (hopefully) for most of us then that would be the time to open a ticket.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,933

Well, I never expected this! It is pretty shocking and disturbing that without updating Daz Studio or installing/uninstalling any content, we lose access to products we have purchased and previously installed. Is this due to the hundreds of product metadata updates that  DS showed when I logged in? Are only Daz Connect installed products affected, or does the metadata update also make DIM installed products disappear? In the future, if I never log in again, can I rely on not losing access to my content?

• I blew up my entire smart content pane thinking I had messed something up. I was getting weird errors where morphs from packs I'd purchased made directly by DAZ had some work and some not even show up at all. Like, I'd have Fitness morphs show up and operate like normal, but then bodybuilder was just completely gone from all areas of my program and I was absolutely certain I did something wrong so I spent hours trying to fix it just to stumble across the topic.

• We need some kind of notification system when these issues come up, I've spent the past hours finding, downloading and installing the missing products manually just to be able to render two images...

• Manually download the products and install them.  That's the only thing that works.

This is at least the third time that some bizarre Connect/metadata issue has effected my ability to work with my content. That's not even mentioning the skads of newly released products that come out with bad metadata or simply broken Connect installers.  I used to be a Connect evangelist.  I'm not going through this again.

edited September 2020

Am I wrong in remembering that Smart Content works if you install any old way, doesn't rely on Connect? Why is it that 99% of the items I installed via DIM in the last 12 hours are not showing in Smart Content? My frustation level is reaching peak.

I have to start over, AGAIN. None of the files I downloaded via DIM say they are SMART. WHY? What the hell is going on?!?!

Post edited by evilded777 on