Character Mixer Problem

Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407

I just loaded the new Character Mixer script and am trying to test it out, but have run into an issue right away. I loaded a base Genesis figure, and opened the script, but no morphs are showing up in the "select Morphs" box, and the Selection Info shows 0 for all total morph options. I can't select any morphs to randomize. Help!

Characer-Mixer-Problem.jpg
1600 x 900 - 401K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• How did you install the script, and how do you install your content? Is the content management System working - I see the script icon doesn't have the Script type tag at top-right

• How did you install the script, and how do you install your content? Is the content management System working - I see the script icon doesn't have the Script type tag at top-right

I installed it manually, as is my preference. I tested out the other genesis figures (G2-G8) and all worked fine. It's only Genesis base that doesn't show any morphs.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

It doesn't work with Genesis for me either. No morphs are shown. Genesis is specifically listed as a Compatible Figure on the product page.

I installed the script with DIM. Some of my Genesis content is installed with Daz Connect and some with DIM. Content  management system is working (Smart Content is populated). I am going to submit a help request. This doesn't look like user error to me. 

Char Mixer not working on Genesis.jpg
    1226 x 1491 - 218K
  • barbult said:

It doesn't work with Genesis for me either. No morphs are shown. Genesis is specifically listed as a Compatible Figure on the product page.

I installed the script with DIM. Some of my Genesis content is installed with Daz Connect and some with DIM. Content  management system is working (Smart Content is populated). I am going to submit a help request. This doesn't look like user error to me.

No, you seem to have covered all my possible thoughts on why it might not work due to local issues.

edited September 2020

I already heard back from customer service on my help request. Their solution to this problem is to change the product title and remove Genesis from the list of compatible figures. I see they have also removed Genesis 2, although the product is listed under Genesis 2 People on the store page. https://www.daz3d.com/character-mixer-for-all-genesis-figures is much less attractive now. I may return it. I already have a capable randomizer that can do G8 and G3.

Oh, look, they changed the title on the page but not the product URL. The URL still says all genesis figures.

Character Mixer description changed.jpg
    1092 x 586 - 163K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • As an aside, this product won't work with any custom dial organization. I've organized many of the dials to a more comfortable/sensible system. As a result, I only see dials for the few characters I haven't finished customizing. This makes the product unusable by me.

Please don't bother telling me to restore the chaos of the original dial set-up. I've already put in my refund request.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited September 2020

Smeone should contact 3D Universe. Maybe he knows how to actually fix it.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Smeone should contact 3D Universe. Maybe he knows how to actually fix it.

I'm seeing they changed this on the product page:

Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Male

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited September 2020

Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Male

Yes, they did, though the product does work with Genesis 2. Instead of fixing the problem, however, they copped out. 

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Smeone should contact @3D Universe. Maybe he knows how to actually fix it.

Yes, they did, though the product does work with Genesis 2. Instead of fixing the problem, however, they copped out. 

They took action much faster than they usually do with this product.Fixes don't happen so fast. 

This is a lot better than continuing to sell a product with less functionality than advertised.  There's nothing preventing them from providing an update which does reliably work with older Genesis characters later on.

Sevrin said:

Smeone should contact @3D Universe. Maybe he knows how to actually fix it.

They took action much faster than they usually do with this product.Fixes don't happen so fast. 

This is a lot better than continuing to sell a product with less functionality than advertised.  There's nothing preventing them from providing an update which does reliably work with older Genesis characters later on.

Yes, it is good that they are no longer advertising what the product doesn't provide. Emma was quick to take care of that aspect.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

I'm on the verge of returning this product. I can see all my morphs. My problem is the runtime performance. I select 44 morphs a combination of head and body. Turn off Show Morphs In Progress. Select sum at 100%. Click randomize, wait for the magic, but going past 10 minutes, I don't have the patience. I went to Sim Tenero Radomizer 2 selected the same identical morphs and clicked randomize and instantly I got my results. What's the problem?

Anyone else experiencing slow performance or is it just me?

• jaxprog said:

I'm on the verge of returning this product. I can see all my morphs. My problem is the runtime performance. I select 44 morphs a combination of head and body. Turn off Show Morphs In Progress. Select sum at 100%. Click randomize, wait for the magic, but going past 10 minutes, I don't have the patience. I went to Sim Tenero Radomizer 2 selected the same identical morphs and clicked randomize and instantly I got my results. What's the problem?

It might be you. I work on a 1.83 GHz MAC Mini with only 2Gb of RAM, and don't have that kind of lag. However, I also haven't tried to randomize 44 morphs all at 100% either. 

jaxprog said:

No, I have not seen that slowness. Maybe by using 44 morphs that total 100%, the amount of each is so small that you can't see the difference. That would be only a little over 2% of any given morph - not much. I don't remember any special indication that the script is done. Maybe it finished and you are just sitting there waiting for some signal that doesn't exist.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2020

Wow. This new script is truly excellent. Espcially because it feels SO much easier to read the list of morphs than in the Simtenero script. And there's some kind of a "filter" to help us select the morphs we need without having to look for them for hours.

- we can set all morphs additioned to be no more than 100%

- we can keep the morphs already defined manually (youth, etc). SO useful !

- it gives us an idea of how realistic or cartoon the result will be (that's just insane).

Damn impressive new script really ! Thanks 3D Universe :D 

Would be nice though if we could : 

- set manually the "Morph sum total is". Setting it a bit higher than 100% could help push a bit some unusual shapes.

(EDIT : I don't think what I asked is necessary as I guess that this multiplication does the same : "Max individual Morph Value" x "Total Morphs to include" = Morph Sum Total)

- See only the filtered results in the list when typing a Filter Morph

- access ALL morphs like Simtenero : Easy Teeth morphs, Hidden morphs,  etc. But with a proper filter, that show only what we type. 

@jaxprog  100/44 = 2.27    taking 2.2 % of each morph is more or less useless. Instead, you should select let's say 50 morphs in the list. Then set the Total Morphs to 10 and the Max individual value to 10 (or a bit more to get more extreme results) so that the Mixer plays with 10 randomly chosen morphs out of 50 every time you press "Randomize!". It will go MUCH faster and you'll get the same diversity of results.

Also : work on head and body separately. It makes more sense to focus on one than on both. And it goes faster. But you're right, Simtenero's script seems to be 10 times faster. 

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • I also have a question. I am not sure all of the morphs are being added to the list. Most specifically, Sickleyields 'People of Earth' products. Are these not morphs? Do these not qualify for some reason? It would be great if these were included.

• I also have a question. I am not sure all of the morphs are being added to the list. Most specifically, Sickleyields 'People of Earth' products. Are these not morphs? Do these not qualify for some reason? It would be great if these were included.

The morphs that are added to the list are those that have been categorized by the author as head or body morphs. If the author has not specified a morphs grouping or hasn't used the standardize grouping for their morphs, that are not included (at this stage).

• We will be submitting an update that restores the Genesis and Genesis 2 functionality early next week.

@svaughan_1847b4cd17 - we cannot cater for all possibly custom setups. The script is made to use the standadized grouping of morphs used by all artists. 

• The morphs that are added to the list are those that have been categorized by the author as head or body morphs. If the author has not specified a morphs grouping or hasn't used the standardize grouping for their morphs, that are not included (at this stage).

Good to know. Thank you very much for the clarification!

• We will be submitting an update that restores the Genesis and Genesis 2 functionality early next week.

@svaughan_1847b4cd17 - we cannot cater for all possibly custom setups. The script is made to use the standadized grouping of morphs used by all artists. 

Thank you. FYI, the functionality for G2 Female and G2 Male works fine for me, it's only Genesis base which doesn't work. 

• Ok, why in the name of sweet jumping Jesus can't you guys  CLEARLY SHOW WHERE FILES LIKE Character Mixer are in Daz Studio and how to friking access them????? I have bought Character Mixer and installed it using Daz Install Manager. I cannot find it, nor does the vendor show how to access the damn thing. This seems to happen alot. If this is a script, make sure the damn script loads in the SCRIPT window so we can FIND IT and USE it. If it is an Utility, make sure it loads in the UTILITY Windows. Why is this so damn hard???? I normally don't lose my cool but for Christs sake, I have spent a real ton of money on Daz Products over the years and right now I am considering chucking the whole damn collection out. It's like buying a car and having to do a Scavenger hunt for the wheels before I can drive anywhere. Please, please, please stop this crap and tell me where this file is and how to access it.

edited September 2020

Locating this product inside Daz Studio is the same as any other product. Go to your Content Library in Daz Studio and open the Product section. Expand the C section (since the product name starts with a C). Scroll down to the product name, Character Mixer for All Genesis Figures. Click on the product name to see the files in the product. 

Or to find it quickly, since you just installed it, Open the Smart Content pane and select the Products tab inside Smart Content. In the Sort drop down, select Install Date: Recent First. Double click on the product thumbnail to see the files in the product. That will also show you what category the product script is in. In this case, that is Utilities>Scripts.

In Daz Install Manager (DIM) you can right click on the name of any installed product and select Show Installed Files. That will tell you where the files are installed on your hard disk. You can then navigate to that path in your Content Library . In this case, Scripts>Utilities>3D Universe.

Post edited by barbult on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited September 2020

The list of files and where to access them are usually also presented in the readme.

Post edited by Leana on
  • RubyfocusRubyfocus Posts: 10
    edited September 2020

Hi. I don't know really if this is the right thread, but for example- When I choose a generic body shape morph for Genesis 8 and then use a Genesis 8 actor head shape morph on it, I'm getting a head which is rearely the right size for the body I chose.  When I try to select every head bone and adjust the scale, everything just goes screwy.  There's an implied age similarity between the generic body and the actor, so I'm not sure why there's such a significant disparity in head size to begin with. Does anybody know how to deal with this?

Thanks!

Post edited by Rubyfocus on
    Rubyfocus said:

Hi. I don't know really if this is the right thread, but for example- When I choose a generic body shape morph for Genesis 8 and then use a Genesis 8 actor head shape morph on it, I'm getting a head which is rearely the right size for the body I chose.  When I try to select every head bone and adjust the scale, everything just goes screwy.  There's an implied age similarity between the generic body and the actor, so I'm not sure why there's such a significant disparity in head size to begin with. Does anybody know how to deal with this?

Thanks!

Use the Head Propagating Scale morph to adjust the head size after using the character mixer.

• barbult said:

Use the Head Propagating Scale morph to adjust the head size after using the character mixer.

Where would I find that?

Rubyfocus said:
    barbult said:

Where would I find that?

The same place other G8 head morphs are located. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4608901/#Comment_4608901

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975
    edited September 2020
    Rubyfocus said:

Thanks!

After playing with this, I notice the head has a greater variance than the body ... in large part because of the toony characters: girl, star, 3D universe characters, etc.  If you unselect these before running character mixer the result might be more proportionate. Yes, I know, for some people that disproportion might be desired or even encouraged.

Oh, and this can also be accessed undet: Scripts / Utilities / 3DUniverse. 

Post edited by 3141592654 on

There has been an update in DIM and Genesis (the original) works in Character Mixer again. I mixed this guy. I parented some G8M hair to his head, because Genesis hair looks pretty bad these days!

Genesis Character Mixer_001.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M

There is something I can't figure out how to do, though. How can I reset just the head each time I randomize with the Head button or reset just the body each time I randomize with the Body button? There is a checkbox to "Reset current Head/Body morphs", but that resets both head and body. If I uncheck that box, it keeps accumulating morph effects and makes an ugly mess. So I have to reset between randomizations. How can I randomize the head and then keep those results then randomize the body separately?