42nd Bryce Render Challenge * A fantasy scene *

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,114

Thanks Rieke, MelanieL, Yellow Pen, Horo and Adbc for your nice comments

Hansmar  - Thanks for comment Blowing Bubbles is a lovely idea, well done.

Akmerlow -  cool idea, very nicely done.

• @MelanieL: Picture Yourself - what a wonderful picture. Excellent and really fantastic job.

@S Ray: GunSlinger - depressive mood, but this is captured excellently. Very good.
    Eye in the Sky - again dark but fast-paced. I could well imagine this picture as a large poster. Top!

@ Rieke77: Miniature Fantasy Land - really cute idea and fantastic made. The picture is definitely one of my favorites in this competition.

@ adbc: the angry tree - a very angry but also very cool tree.

@ Dan Whiteside: kiss a frog? I don't think so - very funny idea. I like this light on the lake.

@ mermaid: Enchanting Castle - Cool landscape. Has a lot of effect in these pastel shades.

@ Hansmar: Blowing bubbles - very cool idea. Has little effect like the representation of a small multiverse.

@ akmerlow: Living on the back of a dragon - cool idea and well done.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

drachenlords : thank you.

• BlackSnowSkyBlackSnowSky Posts: 10
    edited August 2020

Niðafjöll

Sick of Ratatosk's endless chatter and the awful taste of tree roots, Níðhögg takes a break and flies home to enjoy some mountain scenery.

Good work, everyone. And thanks for giving us late entrants some extra time.

fantasylandscape.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 187K
    Post edited by BlackSnowSky on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,199
    edited August 2020

Hansmar - I like the "Bubbles" idea, very clever. (I still hope your original entry render finishes soon enough to enter!)

akmerlow - "Living on the back of a dragon" is a very good idea. The dragon looks so expressive, despite apparently being made of stone.

BlackSnowSky - "Niðafjöll" is nicely done - good brooding sky and that snow looks very chill.

drachenlords - thank you for the kind comments.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,237

Hansmar - the blowing bubbles is a really great idea, brings back memories - though there was only air within the bubbles.

akmerlow - what a great idea to make the dragon to a hill and a rock outcrop.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,789
    edited August 2020

Akmerlow: Wonderful work!

BlackSnowSky: That is a very cool (cold atmosphere) entry, well done.

Chohole: Please, do NOT wait for my other entry anymore. There was a mishap and it is far from finished, since somehow my computer closed Bryce while I was asleep. I had saved it, luckily, but it is still far from finished after restarting. I really need to reconsider my techniques!

All of you: thanks for nice comments and for the sympathy with my slow render issue. Good luck to all contestants!

Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

@ Hansmar - what a beautiful idea with the soap bubbles and a very good job!

@ akmerlow -  a landscape on a dragon - great and very well done!

@ BlackSnowSky - this is an beautiful winter scene!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2020

OK   Thanks for letting me know Hansmar.   Bryce can be such fun sometimes

CHALLENGE CLOSED

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ApocApoc Posts: 407

Running a bit late. I will try to get the contest poll up by the fifth. good luck to all participants :)

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

best of luck to everyone, really fantastic renders!!! :)

BlackSnowSky - welcome! Beautifully done entry.

BlackSnowSky : Wonderful entry.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

Hansmar: what a nice Idea with the bubbels... and very well done.

akmerlow: another nice Idea... beutiful.

BlackSnowSky: and another Dragon...beautiful too.

Good luck to you all, for your wonderful entries.

• @ BlackSnowSky: wonderfully cold atmosphere and a really cool dragon. Very nice picture.

Good luck to all participants

• Beautiful entries! Unfortunately I could not join this time. Good luck to all participants.

I wish you all good luck, my dear Bryce Friends. heart

I've really enjoyed this challenge, both as a participant and just to see the great ideas others came up with.

Best of luck to all!

Drachenlords -  thanks for the nice comment

BlackSnowSky - lovely entry welcome to the forum

Best of luck to everyone

@ drachenlords - I´m so sorry, but I´ve read your posting just right now.
    Thank you so much for your kindly comment! kiss

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

sorry a bit late

SRay..adbc...DanWhiteside...mermaid010...Hansmar...Akmerlow...BlackSnowSky   all great imaginative and well produced renders

best of luck to all

spuddy : thank you.

Good luck to everyone !

Spuddy - thanks

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

S Ray:

"Fairy Light" - feels very happy and light indeed. Also, hello again Aiko 3? "GunSlinger" - epic scene, just like straight from a possible movie! "Eye in the Sky" - psychedelic! Nice.

Rieke77:

"Luminous Trees" - lovely picture with Halloween tones, but also very dreaming atmosphere. Colours i enjoy very much too. "Miniature Fantasy Land" - very cute, thank you much for a special dinner. Tasty!

drachenlords:

"Showdown" - very cinematic scene, i feel all the tension! "The Last Battle" - amazing depiction of fantasy war. Looks like concept art for tabletop game. "Spirits of the Forest" - pleasant mythology scene here! Can i join their party?

adbc:

"Fantasy Mushrooms" - very fun place to live! Wonderland! "Magical World" - cool fantasy here, reminds me of 70s cartoons maybe. "The Angry Tree" - hahaha, the real emperor of those places! Nobody would stop it. I also like details on terrain and interesting sky.

MelanieL:

"Sailing the Skies" - amazing concept, done well! Poetic and inspiring. "In Search of Rapunzel" - nice take on classic story! "Picture Yourself" - very exotic river voyage, and love the colours!

Horo:

"Dream Flowers" - what an inviting valley we have here! Love that hidden house. "Hybrid Travel" - extraordinaire idea, well done! "Tree Pollen" - cool experiment as well. Reminds me of Escher, or maybe Men in Black.

Dan Whiteside:

"The Piligrim and the Unwanted Guide" - great sense of humour, and cool depiction of moment from an unknown tale. "Kiss a frog? I don't think so" - ha-ha, also very jokey and tribute to a classic story. Lovely. Poor frog!

spuddy:

"Fiend or Foe, Large or Small" - interesting place with weird habitants. Lighting adds to mood. "Somewhere out there" - looks very stylish, your artistic vision surprises me once more. "Between a reflection and a hard place at fantasy Island" - interesting concept, might lead to thinking about things.

Yellow Pen:

"Wood Titans" - charming fantasy scene. "Place to rest" - oh, some people dream of living like that! Also, gentle atmosphere. "Once upon a time" - very nostalgic, very peaceful, very summer-like. Just what we all need! Great memory. Or a fantasy.

mermaid010:

"Floating on a Cloud" - very calm and comfortable! Sky is a bit apocalyptic, though :) "Enchanting Castle" - very surreal place... Adventurers should be cautious.

Hansmar:

"Blowing bubbles" - cool cosmic bubbles with unexpected contents! Is this a childplay of space gods?

BlackSnowSky:

"Niðafjöll" - cool scandinavian epic fantasy! Also, welcome :)

Akmerlow - thanks for your comments

akmerlow - thank you.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited August 2020

adbc, mermaid010, drachenlords, MelanieL, Horo, Hansmar, Rieke77, Yellow Pen, spuddy - thank you kindly for comments.

Some credits for my entry:

Dragon - Mestophales Dragon + Zombie Dragon (mighty_mestophales)
    Animals - Goat & Sheep Families (Lyne's Creations Models)
    Buildings - African Tribal Hut (bruce)
    People - Genesis with Genesis Peasant Outfit (Wilmap)

Idea came after watching a great movie called "The Story of Voyages" by russian director Alexander Mitta. In that movie, though, situation is different.

Post edited by akmerlow on

@ akmerlow - thank you so much for your kindly comment!

akmerlow - thank you very much for your lovely comments.

akmerlow : thank you for your kind comment.