NEW USER Contest February 2014 “WIP Thread”

13»

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

And @ other comments made so far:
    This has been a FUN contest to me, with very GOOD renders. And I do have to judge the contest. I'm not looking forward to that day. It will take much time to weigh the pros and cons of each image this time.

This is news for me, but as with most of things there is part that needs and has to be done. I think we have lots of nice pictures and maybe there will be more.

On the sidenote, my second picture was partialy inspired with Castle Greyhawks Tower of Power. I guess my mind was mostly there while doing this work as it is part of my Forgotten Realms Tethyamar/Greyhawk Greyhawk Ruins (2e version of castle Greyhawk)/Ravenloft... Campaign. Currently i have to prepare for my biweekly 2 hour online game for the next sunday and level characters up for the frozen wastes of one of Ravenlofts domains. It will take time, but it will probably be fun too.

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Here is a second attempt.

@Kismet2012: Hi Kismet, thank you for the kind response. I also thought it was called a scabbard until I found out the Japanese call it a Skaya. I have no artistic background( that' why it's so nice to have DAZ studio to learn and play with) so for what it's worth; I have always found your renders very pleasing to my eye.;-)

@Scott, Thank you Scott for your suggestions. Finding the correct lighting to make your render POP and not be too bright or dull has always been the most challenging part of a render for me.

I went back and found the lighting source, for all of my props, was on Plastic. changed them to Matte except for the stand and turned down the intensity of the lighting.

Samurai_Work_Bench.jpg
    846 x 772 - 124K
  • Security16Security16 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this is too risqué but I have a tendency to push limits when it comes to my art. So many art classes with nude models and I still can't draw :P

stilly2.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this is too risqué but I have a tendency to push limits when it comes to my art. So many art classes with nude models and I still can't draw :P

umm............. You do realise that this particular art class is for Still Life and not Figure Studies?

• Security16Security16 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

It would seem I was a bit distracted in those art classes and possibly slept through some of the theory classes :(
    Shall go for plan b then :)

• Shinji Ikari 9thShinji Ikari 9th Posts: 1,167
    edited December 1969

Changed the surfaces of my 'Tools' from plastic to matte.

@Everyone who commented, thanks for the input.

If no one thinks I should go with my last version, I'll post this version to the entry thread this evening.

Good luck to everyone who is entering.

feb2014wip4.jpg
    450 x 600 - 97K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

@ 3ch0_419: It is a subtle difference between the two...but I am often amazed at how much a subtle change makes to a render.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

3ch0_419 said:

If no one thinks I should go with my last version, I'll post this version to the entry thread this evening.

I think I prefer this most recent version.
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

3ch0_419 said:

I agree. I just don't think I said that very well. :red:

• Shinji Ikari 9thShinji Ikari 9th Posts: 1,167
    edited December 1969

3ch0_419 said:

I agree. I just don't think I said that very well. :red:

@Kismet & Scott thanks for the feedback, I'm posting it to the entry thread after this post.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Just a reminder, the contest ends in 27 1/2 hours. Be sure to post your entries to the entries thread.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

done a few changes again, from the advices of you lovely people here :) Seeing this is the last day this will be the last version but felt to share it this thread and not only in the entry thread :)

Valentine Proposal

valentineproposal.jpg
    800 x 800 - 84K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The February contest is now closed. Good luck, everyone! Great job all around.