4.12 won't let me delete keyframes on timeline

2»

Comments

• Before I start blindly screaming about everything I think is wrong, do we have an explanation of all these... new features?

I now have to give up on animation etirely but I'm willing to see if any of these features have a use, or are the source of the problems I can't seem to solve.

Thanks to everyone for the help in deleting a keyframe though. Nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with it.

• It realy is ridiculous. Compared to having to delete every single node individually is to get rid of one keyframe, it's faster to just delete them all and rebuild the animation from scratch.

• Agreed with everything here.  I guess one lesson for myself is don't select an entire figure and create keyframes 'just in case' as I was in the habit of doing. 

I did notice however that you can select multiple keys from the timeline by dragging the mouse and creating a box, then delete, which is better than clicking on every triangle individually.

• I was having the same issue where I couldn't select a keyframe to delete it, box selecting is the answer. Make sure your figure is fully collapses in the timeline, so you get all the sub pieces, then drag and box select the keyframe to get a hold of it and then the keyframe and the 'delete key frame' button will light up. You can also box select multiple keyframes to delete.

Hope this helps.

• evilcho_evilcho_ Posts: 79
    edited May 2020

Having trouble deleting keys as well. 4.12.1

Post edited by evilcho_ on
  • I solved the issues about keyframes deleting with this tutorial: http://flipmode3d.com/daz-studio-keyframe-animation-basics/

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited July 2021

4.15.02 and the problem still exists. I move a key and instead of moving it, it duplicates it. And if I try to delete keys they just stay there. Position Rotation on a simple camera, nothing fancy. It's been a bug for a damn while now. Big problem.

It happens on some cameras, not on others. Can't remember having had this issue with a Genesis though (using Keymate).

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambo said:

4.15.02 and the problem still exists. I move a key and instead of moving it, it duplicates it. And if I try to delete keys they just stay there. Position Rotation on a simple camera, nothing fancy. It's been a bug for a damn while now. Big problem.

It happens on some cameras, not on others. Can't remember having had this issue with a Genesis though (using Keymate).

How are you moving?

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited July 2021

I'm moving the camera by moving the view like I'd do with the Viewport. I position my view, which positions the camera. Right now I'm working on a scene with 3 cameras, they all behave fine. I can delete keyframes, move them, etc. All fine. But yesterday for example I had the issue. And after googling for that I ended up here and shared that also experience that from time to time. Sadly I can't say that I did anything different with those cameras that could explain the glitch. My workflow is very similar for each work. 

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • I was asking how you moved the keys, not how you moved the cameras.

• blainemillerblainemiller Posts: 59
    edited January 2023

I have it drilled down to the very bottom showing pose controls and hidden... Still cannot delete the keyframes.  Fix this thing. Add some handles to keyframes for better interpolation. So frustrating. A ton of time in this!!!!!!!!

(Edited by mod to remove language)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Hey and while you're at it.... this whole muscle memory of every other app on the planet where you instinctively hit the delete key... Make the windows modal... If on the scene tab and you hit delete, then nuke the figure.  But when you have a keyframe selected and you hit delete, delete th crummy keyframs. As much as I'm aware of it I constantly nuke a figure. Nightmarish!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

blainemiller said:

Hey and while you're at it.... this whole muscle memory of every other app on the planet where you instinctively hit the delete key... Make the windows modal... If on the scene tab and you hit delete, then nuke the figure.  But when you have a keyframe selected and you hit delete, delete th crummy keyframs. As much as I'm aware of it I constantly nuke a figure. Nightmarish!

Me too.

As for deleting selected keyframes on the timeline, I have just installed 4.21.1.29 and I still can't deleted the keyframes I was trying to delete before I decided to update. These are pose controls for the hands.

• marble, see beta thread for reply.  Is likely an alias so different process.