4.12 won't let me delete keyframes on timeline

I'm doing some camera movements and need to delete a keyframe. Problem is, the "delete keyframe" option on the new timeline is grayed out. I can add till my heart's content, but can't delete. I'm going crazy here trying to figure it out. It was never an issue on the 4.11 timeline.

Comments

• ShozaiShozai Posts: 30
    edited September 2019

You have to scoll down on the timeline, there a a few settings you have to delete before :) like subitems for the keyframe

Post edited by Shozai on
  • You need a key selected in order to delete it, it doesn't work just on the time and node.

• hilguhilgu Posts: 37

I have the same problem.  I click on "skip to next key", and yes, parameters ( xtranslate, ...) indeed have been changed there.  But I cannot delete the key.  I can click on "create key there, but it still does not allow me to delete the key.  Seems like a serious DAZ 4.12 bug to me.  This used to work just fine.

• hilgu said:

I have the same problem.  I click on "skip to next key", and yes, parameters ( xtranslate, ...) indeed have been changed there.  But I cannot delete the key.  I can click on "create key there, but it still does not allow me to delete the key.  Seems like a serious DAZ 4.12 bug to me.  This used to work just fine.

Please post a screen shot showing exactly what you are selecting.

• I was having this issue as well you have to select each and ever little triangle in the timeline that is in that keyframe when youve deleted all of them the keyframe will be removed.

• EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102

Why did they make it so much more difficult to work with keyframes? Working with the timeline now requires that you expand it to eat up a godawful amount of your workspace just so you can see everything.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820
    Escribano said:

Why did they make it so much more difficult to work with keyframes? Working with the timeline now requires that you expand it to eat up a godawful amount of your workspace just so you can see everything.

I agree !! Since installing 4.12 I have Reinstalled my old graphmate& keymate plugins As they can reside in separate side by side TABS And the keymate keys are square, thus easier to marquee select.
  • Have you tried the Public Build:

Split the Timeline pane “Advanced View” toggle action into 3 distinct view mode actions; Basic View, Intermediate View, Advanced View; Basic View is equivalent to Advanced View being unchecked in builds prior to 4.12; Intermediate View is equivalent to Advanced View being checked in builds prior to 4.12; Advanced View is the more full featured view introduced with 4.12.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_1_15

• sggksggk Posts: 7
    wolf359 said:
    Escribano said:

I agree !! Since installing 4.12 I have Reinstalled my old graphmate& keymate plugins As they can reside in separate side by side TABS And the keymate keys are square, thus easier to marquee select.

Where can I find the graphmate & keymate plugins? I can't find them in daz store...?

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

I had this problem the other day actually.  The "delete key" button was greyed out but I had a key (a parent key with several descendent keys) selected, i.e. it was a collapsed node.  Maybe a buglet somewhere. 

• sggk said:
    wolf359 said:
    Escribano said:

Where can I find the graphmate & keymate plugins? I can't find them in daz store...?

They have been improved and form the basis of the new Timeline in DS 4.12, so it wouldn't make sense to keep them in the store.

sggk said:
    wolf359 said:
    Escribano said:

They have been improved and form the basis of the new Timeline in DS 4.12, so it wouldn't make sense to keep them in the store.

Why has daz removed the ability to set a range of N-keys that was in keymate???

or at least show me where the feature has been moved in the new timeline interface???

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,311
    edited November 2019
    wolf359 said:
    sggk said:
    wolf359 said:
    Escribano said:

Why has daz removed the ability to set a range of N-keys that was in keymate???

or at least show me where the feature has been moved in the new timeline interface???

I'm not sure what you mean, and I couldn't answer the why question anyway - though don't forget this is a feature that is still being developed.

Ah, a little bird says to hold down the cmd(Mac)/ctrl(Win) key when clicking Ccreate Keys - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_12_0_86#4_12_0_32

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    Thanks Richard.. It works Now tell the "little bird" to just bring back the ability to zoom in on a section of the graph editor Like the old graphmate plug-in .......instead of forcing us to view the entire range packed together with no HORIZONTAL PANNING option.
  • You can zoom horizontally by limiting the play range, using the arrows at the bottom of the pane, and vertically with the mouse. I can't recall how GraphMate zoomed, not having done much with it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You can zoom horizontally by limiting the play range, using the arrows at the bottom of the pane, and vertically with the mouse. I can't recall how GraphMate zoomed, not having done much with it.

and apparently not only can you use the Start/End markers on the Play Range Slider to "zoom" into a subset of the Animation Range, you can drag the resized slider to horizontally shift (scroll, pan) that range of time within the Animation Range. You can also double-click the resized slider to toggle between the full Animation Range and the "zoomed-in" Play Range. Cursor feedback in the Public Build make this more apparent.

• OMG clicking advanced veiw just made the timeline even more stupid than before. So my choices are convoluted, cluttered mess or nothing at all?????? Who actually tests this and says "that works". Not everyone uses keymate so forcing it on someone is just dumb. When I click advanced I should get the new set up and when I unclick I should get the old set up. NOPE. Lets make one version too cluttered n complicated to be useful and the other version basic to the point useless. Thanks DAZ. Better collison would of been awesome. Stronger and smarter pins would of been monumental. Instead of these we get microsofted.

This new timeline indeed has all of the core functionality of the old graphmate & keymate plugins. However it too lacks a "home" or reset view option. also without a proper foot/floor ,human IK contact solver for root locomotion ,Daz studio still lacks waaay behind its main competitor in this market.... ( no...I dont mean poser).
  • OMG clicking advanced veiw just made the timeline even more stupid than before. So my choices are convoluted, cluttered mess or nothing at all?????? Who actually tests this and says "that works". Not everyone uses keymate so forcing it on someone is just dumb. When I click advanced I should get the new set up and when I unclick I should get the old set up. NOPE. Lets make one version too cluttered n complicated to be useful and the other version basic to the point useless. Thanks DAZ. Better collison would of been awesome. Stronger and smarter pins would of been monumental. Instead of these we get microsofted.

The current Public Build adds an Intermediate View which is thenold Advanced View.

• wolf359 said:
    This new timeline indeed has all of the core functionality of the old graphmate & keymate plugins. However it too lacks a "home" or reset view option.

I'm not sure what you are lookimg for but in addition to the options for zooming on a range of frames mentioned earlier the graph has a right-click Frame Keys command for getting the current vertical extent into view.

wolf359 said:
    also without a proper foot/floor ,human IK contact solver for root locomotion ,Daz studio still lacks waaay behind its main competitor in this market.... ( no...I dont mean poser).
    edited December 2019
    @Richard when I right click in new graph editor I only get options to create,delete, copy paste &set interpolation. any specific area I should be right clicking on to call up the "frame" command???
    GRAPH.jpg
    800 x 503 - 127K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • wolf359 said:
    @Richard when I right click in new graph editor I only get options to create,delete, copy paste &set interpolation. any specific area I should be right clicking on to call up the "frame" command???

Sorry, I shpould have said that this is in the Public Build not the General Release.

• mobrechaelmobrechael Posts: 35
    edited December 2019

OMG clicking advanced veiw just made the timeline even more stupid than before. So my choices are convoluted, cluttered mess or nothing at all?????? Who actually tests this and says "that works". Not everyone uses keymate so forcing it on someone is just dumb. When I click advanced I should get the new set up and when I unclick I should get the old set up. NOPE. Lets make one version too cluttered n complicated to be useful and the other version basic to the point useless. Thanks DAZ. Better collison would of been awesome. Stronger and smarter pins would of been monumental. Instead of these we get microsofted.

The current Public Build adds an Intermediate View which is thenold Advanced View.

Yes. I downloaded it and it is rubbish as well. It shows EVERY keyframe of EVERY object and not just the object you have selected, you can not drag the the timeline arrow with your mouse, you cannot delete for you have to highlight a node which you cannot even do in intermediate making it as useful as basic. Basic should be a player. Intermediate should be what we are used to having and advanced should be the over the top, ridiculous thing that it is now.  Progression is not adding steps to complete a task and that is what this new timeline does. It adds steps. Example, a wrist is tweaking funny when I do an animation. In the last version I could click the wrist, go to tweaky part of the animation and click delete. Done. Now if my wrist is tweaky I now go click the wrist, go to the tweaky part, click properties, highlight both arrows, left click and click delete. It added 3 steps and in case you weren't counting that is 2X the steps....that is not good at all especially since it is such a small task that needed to be done which is delete a keyframe. Graphmate integration is awesome but keymate is just dumb considering it is not that important or used and now it is forced on us.

Imagine a new user. They open up the timeline and "holy hell what is happening here". The sad thing is now they cannot use intermediate becasue it is useless and they cannot use basic for it is useless. What is the point of even having them if they do nothing and if you look at it from the eyes aof a new user the new timeline is a giant,. steep turnoff.

Post edited by mobrechael on
    wolf359 said:

Sorry, I shpould have said that this is in the Public Build not the General Release.

Good deal sir. I will wait for the next general release as the panning option in 4.12 is enough for me right now :-)
    edited December 2019

OMG clicking advanced veiw just made the timeline even more stupid than before. So my choices are convoluted, cluttered mess or nothing at all?????? Who actually tests this and says "that works". Not everyone uses keymate so forcing it on someone is just dumb. When I click advanced I should get the new set up and when I unclick I should get the old set up. NOPE. Lets make one version too cluttered n complicated to be useful and the other version basic to the point useless. Thanks DAZ. Better collison would of been awesome. Stronger and smarter pins would of been monumental. Instead of these we get microsofted.

Yes. I downloaded it and it is rubbish as well. It shows EVERY keyframe of EVERY object and not just the object you have selected, you can not drag the the timeline arrow with your mouse, you cannot delete for you have to highlight a node which you cannot even do in intermediate making it as useful as basic. Basic should be a player. Intermediate should be what we are used to having and advanced should be the over the top, ridiculous thing that it is now.  Progression is not adding steps to complete a task and that is what this new timeline does. It adds steps. Example, a wrist is tweaking funny when I do an animation. In the last version I could click the wrist, go to tweaky part of the animation and click delete. Done. Now if my wrist is tweaky I now go click the wrist, go to the tweaky part, click properties, highlight both arrows, left click and click delete. It added 3 steps and in case you weren't counting that is 2X the steps....that is not good at all especially since it is such a small task that needed to be done which is delete a keyframe. Graphmate integration is awesome but keymate is just dumb considering it is not that important or used and now it is forced on us.

Imagine a new user. They open up the timeline and "holy hell what is happening here". The sad thing is now they cannot use intermediate becasue it is useless and they cannot use basic for it is useless. What is the point of even having them if they do nothing and if you look at it from the eyes aof a new user the new timeline is a giant,. steep turnoff.

Keymate is NOT useless...it is a Dopesheet that allows you to to move/delete mutliple channels of a parameter at once.... also a quick easy way to access the parameters of a particular bodypart is the have the Powerpose pallet open and double click on the desired bodypart to unfold its parameters in the Dopesheet/keymate. Considering the utterly abysmal state of the poser graph editor/dope sheet and that $$$Reallusion$$$ makes us pay an additional $99 USD for a splinegraph editor. I think daz's new editor is quite the bargain....YMMV.
    KEYMATE.png
    800 x 503 - 216K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • mobrechaelmobrechael Posts: 35
    edited December 2019
    wolf359 said:

Keymate is NOT useless...it is a Dopesheet that allows you to to move/delete mutliple channels of a parameter at once.... also a quick easy way to access the parameters of a particular bodypart is the have the Powerpose pallet open and double click on the desired bodypart to unfold its parameters in the Dopesheet/keymate. Considering the utterly abysmal state of the poser graph editor/dope sheet and that $$$Reallusion$$$ makes us pay an additional $99 USD for a splinegraph editor. I think daz's new editor is quite the bargain....YMMV.

I get it, some people like it, and that is great, but give people the option to not have it as the only source of real editing. I find it cluttered, distracting and again, if I want to kill off a key I sould be able to do so without adding 2X steps and that is what it does. As mentioned already, basic allows for no editing, intermediate allows for no editing so thus we are stuck with advanced. Another issue is when you bring the sliders together the keyframe numbers merge into a mess. Guess what? You HAVE  to have the sliders together to see the keys you are working on. LOL. Want to move the current arrow to a desired point? Can't do it without the arrow flying off to the left. More LOL. I just hope they improve things to where intermediate is at least comperable to what we had and the current mess that is advanced is fixed.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Do bearv in mind that the Timeline is still being worked on.

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 711

Just hopped on this thread as I been having the same isue with deleting old data from the timetable.   I have to agree with those that say this is a convoluted way of doing things just to delete a key.  It should be that you click on the key for the vertical column at a keypoint, the delete key highlights and you click on it and boom, its gone...all entries below it.  At least that is the way it is expected to work.  But to have to double step everything that now you have to expand the graph and then highlight every single movement point goes beyond tedious to say the least.  I know it may not seem like too big of a deal, but I normally only use the timeline for dForce and that in itself is very frustrating to use.  While dForce is great when it works, it rarely does work for me...but that is a different topic of discussion.   But between this issue with the timeline and dForce constantly crashing Daz Studio on me, I just said, "eff it".  I am just going to manually position the dress on my figure the best I can and call it a day.  It is just faster that way.

• hilguhilgu Posts: 37

Ok, still can't figure out the new Timeline thing.  I just changed a pose at some frame (say, 51), but I really wanted the changes happen in frame 50.  I can click on the figure in frame 51, use "memorize figure" in the parameters tab, "restore figure" at frame 50, so that gets the poses there.  But how do I now get rid of the key frames I accidentally created in frame 51?  It seems to me, I must go down the entire figure, search for each key on that time line (on a big, big screen), select them all (using the cntl key), then hit the "delete keys" buttom.  That's cumbersome.  I used to just go to the scene tab, expand the entire figure, select it all, go to the timelime, hit "delete keys" and they were gone.  Is there a simple option like this still available?

• Don't forget that the Timeline is still being worked on.