No Face Transfer Pane

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    taki701 said:

So anybody has anymore suggestions besides the usual Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer

Since in my plugin folder it doesn’t have Face Transfer at all to put my serial number in and the developers seemed kinda annoyed with these similar forums appearing more lately i might seek a refund to avoid this headache.

Yes, in DIM you must download and update the Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials and Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials and restart DAZ Studio after you do that. Those updates are required in addition to the DAZ Studio 4.12.0.86 Release  (and 4.12.0.85 Public Beta if you use Public Betas) updates.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,808
    edited September 2019

Here is more info on my lack of the Face Transfer pane.  This is with the included version of Face Transfer.

Studio version is 4.12.0.86, 64-Bit

From the Log file:
    2019-09-26 08:33:13.858     D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzfacetransfer.dll failed to load. Cannot load library D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzfacetransfer.dll: The specified module could not be found.

I can't log into DIM at the moment for some reason, but the G8 Starter essentials were last updated 9/11.

Attached is a screen shot of the plugin pane and the dzfacetransfer.dll file info, along with poor G8M with his head selected.

FaceTransfer Error.jpg
    1084 x 609 - 87K
    Post edited by WandW on
  • I want to try out the trial version. I have Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials and Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials installed, but no Face Transfer pane. When I look at Help > About installed plugins... the icon for Face Transfer is greyed out (see image). Any advice/suggestions about how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

~C

Capture.JPG
    612 x 327 - 31K
  • I want to try out the trial version. I have Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials and Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials installed, but no Face Transfer pane. When I look at Help > About installed plugins... the icon for Face Transfer is greyed out (see image). Any advice/suggestions about how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

~C

That's odd since it is able to ask for a serial number. If you highlight the entry what does it say at the bottom of the pane?

Thanks in advance!

~C

That's odd since it is able to ask for a serial number. If you highlight the entry what does it say at the bottom of the pane?

Filename : C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    Name : Face Transfer
    Author : DAZ 3D, Inc
    Version : 0.9.0.86
    Evaluation : Disabled

~C

Thanks in advance!

~C

Filename : C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    Name : Face Transfer
    Author : DAZ 3D, Inc
    Version : 0.9.0.86
    Evaluation : Disabled

~C

I think you may need to open a support ticket on that.

• Cesar SejourneCesar Sejourne Posts: 14
    edited September 2019

HI

me too not face transfert and i buy the soft !

I have

- seven 64bit,

- Daz 4.12,

- G8 essentiel last drivers

But i no facetransfert, impossible to pu my key because : "plugin failed to load!" pour dzfacetransfert impossible to load dzfacetransfer.dll because i have not this file in the repertory.

Thank you

Post edited by Cesar Sejourne on
  • I am hoping they will post a fix for this issue. I would have liked to play with this little feature. But 4.12 renders so much more slowly than 4.10 that I'm thinking about putting it back in from my back up drive.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@latexluv13_65ebcf7300 "But 4.12 renders so much more slowly than 4.10"

Have you updated your Nvidia driver? Studio 4.12 requires 430.65 or later. With my 980TI 4.12 rendres about 20% faster than 4.11.

• Sorry no, I haven't. Last time I updated video drivers, it screwed up my screen and I had to go back to my restore point. I am very cautious about driver updates because of this.

• fastbike1 said:

@latexluv13_65ebcf7300 "But 4.12 renders so much more slowly than 4.10"

Have you updated your Nvidia driver? Studio 4.12 requires 430.65 or later. With my 980TI 4.12 rendres about 20% faster than 4.11.

• So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

From Rob:

The Face Transfer plugin failing to load on some machines may be due to a dependent library (e.g., msvcp140.dll) that does not exist on the user's machine. If this is the case, until we update the package to either include the VS 2015 redistributable or we can get a 3rd party library compiled with an earlier version of the compiler, users that experience this issue can download/install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" from Microsoft @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and this should resolve the issue.

edited September 2019

Don't work with Visual C++ 2015.

Impossible to connect to Install Manager.

I payed for "face transfer illimited" and don't work.

You can payed but you can't use and time lost.

Honestly "face transfert illimited" should not be put on sale until the problem is fixed!

It's not serious work and i hope can i refund.

From Rob:

The Face Transfer plugin failing to load on some machines may be due to a dependent library (e.g., msvcp140.dll) that does not exist on the user's machine. If this is the case, until we update the package to either include the VS 2015 redistributable or we can get a 3rd party library compiled with an earlier version of the compiler, users that experience this issue can download/install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" from Microsoft @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and this should resolve the issue.

This fixed it for me.  smiley

Thank you, Richard, for forwarding that information!

edited September 2019

You are lucky no soluce for me no answer for my "help ticket".

PS : becarefull, there are some problems of installation with "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015". If DAZ use this package probably "face transfert" don't work some on minority of computers and i afraid because minority are not a priority. I lost my money.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,368
    edited September 2019
    maison said:

You are lucky no soluce for me no answer for my "help ticket".

PS : becarefull, there are some problems of installation with "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015". If DAZ use this package probably "face transfert" don't work some on minority of computers and i afraid because minority are not a priority. I lost my money.

You can always ask for a rfund, up to 30 days after purchase, by opening a Sales Support ticket.

If you are getting an error installing the Visual C++ runtime which version of Windows are you on - it requires at least Windows 7 SP1.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • You are true !

I have installed Daz 4.12 on computer test and his windows 7 version is not SP1. After upgrade to windows 7 SP1 i can install Visual C++ runtime et i have face transfert.

Realy thank you for your answer and your reactivity.

• BSMVTEBSMVTE Posts: 10

Looks like I bought another plugin that doesnt work....

• BSMVTEBSMVTE Posts: 10

From Rob:

This worked. Thanks Rob!

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    edited October 2019

I'm also missing a pane.  I've updated using both dim and the login page, so 8 essentials and daz are both updated.  When I look at the about installed prlugins I see the Face Transfer with a greyed out plug next to it and then a box for the code.  I'm just wanting to try the free version before I spend money on the full version, so I'm not sure if the plug should be grey or green.  There is no face transfer pane under the windows>panes tab.     I'd like to buy this tonight so I am really hoping someone can help me with this. I do not know where to find info on how to merge and update menus.

Post edited by freni-kyn on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,221
    Lindsey said:

Are you on a Mac or PC with Windows 32-bit?

From the product page: https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

"Only available for PC - Windows 64-bit"   

Any idea when/if it will be available for the Mac?

Don't know. I fortunately have a PC laptop, so put it on there. On Mac, you should be able to use Boot Camp.

freni-kyn said:

I'm also missing a pane.  I've updated using both dim and the login page, so 8 essentials and daz are both updated.  When I look at the about installed prlugins I see the Face Transfer with a greyed out plug next to it and then a box for the code.  I'm just wanting to try the free version before I spend money on the full version, so I'm not sure if the plug should be grey or green.  There is no face transfer pane under the windows>panes tab.     I'd like to buy this tonight so I am really hoping someone can help me with this. I do not know where to find info on how to merge and update menus.

Did you install the VIsual Studio 2015 libraries mentioned above?  It worked for me...

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    WandW said:
    freni-kyn said:

Did you install the VIsual Studio 2015 libraries mentioned above?  It worked for me...

Yes.  Did not work.  However after I read the other forum on this I decided to go on and purchase the full version, which worked perfectly, and then had a blast playing with it all night.  Well worth what I spent. 

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,610

Make sure you are running the newest release of DS 4.12, that you have a Windows 64 bit machine plus the latest update of the Genesis 8 Essentials. Load a g8 figure and select the head to then find the face pane in the (believe it's) windows menu in Studio.

If you mean that G8 has been updated to support the face transfer plugin, please note that no updates are reported in the official G8 documentation from May 2018. If it is the case please also fix this so people do know what to download for 4.12 to work.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/42071/start

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The Genesis 8 Starter Essentials were updated September 11th of 2019 and should have appeared in DIM.

• This is what I got when I checked About DAZ Plugins (just downloaded and reinstalled DS4.12)

Plugin failed to load!

Filename :

C:/DAZStudio 4.12/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll

Name :

dzfacetransfer

Author :

Unknown

Version :

Reason :

Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

Same here. Any updates on how to solve this issue? Checked the software, I'm running on spec; no reason why it shouldn't be working. >.<

I'd like to try this out before I buy it...

This is what I got when I checked About DAZ Plugins (just downloaded and reinstalled DS4.12)

Plugin failed to load!

Filename :

C:/DAZStudio 4.12/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll

Name :

dzfacetransfer

Author :

Unknown

Version :

Reason :

Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

Same here. Any updates on how to solve this issue? Checked the software, I'm running on spec; no reason why it shouldn't be working. >.<

I'd like to try this out before I buy it...

Did you install the VIsual Studio 2015 libraries mentioned above? (presuming you are running Windows)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131

So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

From Rob:

Installation Failed - tons of error messages, but perhjaps the last line says it all:

[24EC:35A0][2019-10-17T05:59:10]e000: Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.

Will an uninstall and re-install fix this issue ?

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131

I installed DAZ Studio 4.19 on another machine just to test things and the Face Transfer works fine. Also that computer does not have MS Visual C ++ 2015, so that doesn't make sense to me.

• GnotMe said:

So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

From Rob:

Installation Failed - tons of error messages, but perhjaps the last line says it all:

[24EC:35A0][2019-10-17T05:59:10]e000: Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.

Will an uninstall and re-install fix this issue ?

This was the Visual C++ Runtime installer? You might try the latest Public Build of DS, which adds the needed support files itself (and once done, if it works, that should enable the release build too).