Ultimate Pose Master [Commercial]

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I have a problem using Ultimate Pose Master, and I hope there is a solution:

The text, sliders and pretty much everything else on the control panel (from the 'Script') is just too small for me to see, unless I use a magnifying glass, and that's on a 32 inch monitor. Yes, I do have bad eyes, which is obviously not the responsibility of a vendor, and that is why I'm hoping there is an answer. Anyone?

• MoreTN said:

Thanks for the advice. Got good use out of it today but I need to read the user guide and watch your videos. Thanks for an excellent product and the superb level of support you give.

No problem :) If you have questions and don't find the answer in the documentation, feel free to ask them here!

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,059
    edited September 2019

The text, sliders and pretty much everything else on the control panel (from the 'Script') is just too small for me to see, unless I use a magnifying glass, and that's on a 32 inch monitor. Yes, I do have bad eyes, which is obviously not the responsibility of a vendor, and that is why I'm hoping there is an answer. Anyone?

That's strange because I did not change the default font size, i.e. the size of the font is the one provided by default in all Daz Studio interfaces (this for instance should be the same font size as the one you have in the Content Library Pane). I have not included anything to change the font size in my program since I did not think it could be an issue. I don't know what is happening, I have a 19, 21 and 24" screens and none of them have size issues.

Just to have more information to think about it, is the font size of my interface the same size as the one used for instance, for the folder names in the Content Library, or for the product names in the smart content? Or is it a different size?

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

That's strange because I did not change the default font size, i.e. the size of the font is the one provided by default in all Daz Studio interfaces (this for instance should be the same font size as the one you have in the Content Library Pane). I have not included anything to change the font size in my program since I did not think it could be an issue. I don't know what is happening, I have a 19, 21 and 24" screens and none of them have size issues.

Just to have more information to think about it, is the font size of my interface the same size as the one used for instance, for the folder names in the Content Library, or for the product names in the smart content? Or is it a different size?

"A picture is worth a thousand words" so here is what it looks like on my PC:

This probably looks fine to most people, but it all blurrs into an abstract blob to me, because my left and right eyes don't see the same things (the retinas are damaged and images overlap). Having lots of small text clumped so close together is a major problem for me. And I have problems using the normal Studio menues, but the words are not as overwhelming as with this script panel, so I usually manage to cope.

• I have a problem using Ultimate Pose Master, and I hope there is a solution:

"A picture is worth a thousand words" so here is what it looks like on my PC:

This probably looks fine to most people, but it all blurrs into an abstract blob to me, because my left and right eyes don't see the same things (the retinas are damaged and images overlap). Having lots of small text clumped so close together is a major problem for me. And I have problems using the normal Studio menues, but the words are not as overwhelming as with this script panel, so I usually manage to cope.

Well, I understand. This is indeed the same font size as Daz Studio, but you have much more text. I don't know what I can say here. I'm sorry about your eyes issues, but alas, nothing is specifically included for such cases. Maybe you can try to increase the size of the interface in the horizontal direction (drag the right border of the interface to the right for instance). Normally it should give a little bit more space between the names of the dials, but I don't know if it will be enough for you.

Thanks for answering, V3Digitimes. I'll see if Tech Support can help, somehow.

• Thanks for answering, V3Digitimes. I'll see if Tech Support can help, somehow.

You're wekcome. Just let me know if they find something to solve your issue, I'm interested to know :)

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2019

After using this for a bit, the "move hands/feet to helpers" utility is worth the price alone for me. I have a really hard time with spacial awareness in a way that makes it difficult for me to predict the results of moving things with the regular pose tools, so being able to move a simple object and hit a "go there" button is a huge time-saver. 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

After using this for a bit, the "move hands/feet to helpers" utility is worth the price alone for me. I have a really hard time with spacial awareness in a way that makes it difficult for me to predict the results of moving things with the regular pose tools, so being able to move a simple object and hit a "go there" button is a huge time-saver. 

This is one of the biggest things for me, too. Like if I want a hand to be at a certain position, normally I have to think about how the shoulder, upper arm, then forearm are positioned in their different rotations in order to get the hand there, then fiddle with all three one at a time to try and achieve that without it looking too awkward. With this, it's a million times faster and easier to adjust without messing the rest up, too.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    edited September 2019

First of all: THANK YOU! Finally having a tool beside MCasuals Auto Limb to lock hands and feet in place whikle adjusteing a pose that can be used from within DAZ is sooo appreciated! Also, i only noticerd howe many indispensinble tools from you I actually got in my library!

Anyway, praise is always just the prelude for complaints, isn't it? ;)

So here are my wishes:

Undo seems to be on my list, superb! Suggestion:why not make a simple prompt after having applied some changes that asks to confirm or discard. That'll do the trivck for me completely!

Sliders: as you mention yourself, their use is somewhat limitet, maion reason them being to sensitive especially when tied to helpers they can cause immediate bone ache to my characters 8which makes me painfully miss the undo as simply bringing back tha slider doesnt revert the affected other parameters). I think they can be much less sensitive. I undertsand this is a space limitation of the already heavily populated inbterface, but think of a center button with actual value between minus and plus that you click and the farer you move away while holding mouse pressed the more the value increases. (maybe even with selectable global sensitivity?)

I somewhat understand the limitations of being within a script to some extent, but woulkd it be possible to have the helpers staying active even after the script being closed? (As in hands/feet stay on helpers likwe in afore mentioned scripts from MC)

otherwise,and once again: Thank you, worth every cent!

Post edited by kgrosser on
  • First of all: THANK YOU! Finally having a tool beside MCasuals Auto Limb to lock hands and feet in place whikle adjusteing a pose that can be used from within DAZ is sooo appreciated! Also, i only noticerd howe many indispensinble tools from you I actually got in my library!

Anyway, praise is always just the prelude for complaints, isn't it? ;)

So here are my wishes:

Undo seems to be on my list, superb! Suggestion:why not make a simple prompt after having applied some changes that asks to confirm or discard. That'll do the trivck for me completely!

Sliders: as you mention yourself, their use is somewhat limitet, maion reason them being to sensitive especially when tied to helpers they can cause immediate bone ache to my characters 8which makes me painfully miss the undo as simply bringing back tha slider doesnt revert the affected other parameters). I think they can be much less sensitive. I undertsand this is a space limitation of the already heavily populated inbterface, but think of a center button with actual value between minus and plus that you click and the farer you move away while holding mouse pressed the more the value increases. (maybe even with selectable global sensitivity?)

I somewhat understand the limitations of being within a script to some extent, but woulkd it be possible to have the helpers staying active even after the script being closed? (As in hands/feet stay on helpers likwe in afore mentioned scripts from MC)

otherwise,and once again: Thank you, worth every cent!

Thanks for the feedback. For the wishes, you are not the only one to ask for a "undo latest". For now, in version 1.1 of the product, you have the option to store a pose at any time (and to restore it when you want), so that you can come back to this given pose. There are several reasons for which it is difficult for me to add a "undo latest", one being the way the convergence is processed, the other one being that I never managed to have an undo latest working in any of my scripts so far (and I tried a few times). So maybe there is something in the undo pile that I don't understand, I shoud ask on the script forum when I find the time.

For the sliders, wether you work with dials positions or bones rotations, you can choose to use the "Fast" settings (available in Arms/Conv. tab), which allows less calculations for the arms and feet. If you have "steps" when you move the dials of the bones rotations, it is sometimes totally normal. Take a very bent leg with the foot near the front of the pelvis. If you side-side and twist this leg for instance, there is only a few solutions to place the foot where you want: either the leg is bend with the knee going very to the left, or is it bend with the knee going very to the right. This is why only a two very different ranges of "side-side and twist" values for the thigh will be compatible with a solution, and this is why you will have a huge gap between positive and negative solution (I hope I'm clear) where solutions cannot be found so you have the impression that the dial "jumps" to the closest solution in the direction you were dialing it to. And this is the case for every hands and feet locations where the solutions to reach the position are limited to different intervals of values. I could indeed programm a new button to change the sensitivity of the sliders for the rotations of the bones (or place that in the more menu), but it is a big amount of sliders to configure, and for now there is not a lot of requests about that, but that's fine, I keep it in my "Features Requests" list. For the relationship with the mouse pressed, I don't feel comfortable with scripting this.

I'm OK staying active when the script closes (or is somehow active in the background) would be cool, it might be possible because some solutions are available to do this, but they are not authorized because can cause major (crash) issues in Daz Studio. So as long as I'm not able to make pluggins this will not be possible.

Thanks for the feedback and features request, I have a list of them, and when there are enough, I'll make an update (not necessarily all of them).

lx said:

This is one of the biggest things for me, too. Like if I want a hand to be at a certain position, normally I have to think about how the shoulder, upper arm, then forearm are positioned in their different rotations in order to get the hand there, then fiddle with all three one at a time to try and achieve that without it looking too awkward. With this, it's a million times faster and easier to adjust without messing the rest up, too.

Thanks for this feedback! The only purpose of this tool is to make things easier and more efficient when tweaking or creating a pose, so I'm very happy to read this!

@V3Digitimes, I sent you a PM.

• @V3Digitimes, I sent you a PM.

Yes, I saw this. I'm sorry the font size cannot change, I understand...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited October 2019
    inquire said:

For the hand and foot helpers, if I were doing a fighting scene, would I be able to place one character's hands on another character? And would I be able to place a second chracter's hands on the first character? I'm guessing I could only work on one character at a time. In that case, what about the first instance: would I be able to place one character's hands and feet on another character?

If not, I'd really like a product that would let me work with two characters at the same time, for scenes in which there is boxing or wrestling.

I'm going to watch the videos. Haven't looked at them yet. But this product is really interesting.

No you are right, you can only work figure by figure one after the other, not two figures together at the same time, but you can have two figures at the same time in the scene, and have only their arms and legs posed (but one figure after the other).

...So I could still have two characters in the scene but I have to switch between them. So how is this done? do I have to open the script individually for each character or can I just select the second character and switch to that one?

For example here is a pose with two characters I did several weeks ago. Even though I first started with a basic couples pose, it took forever to modify and refine (partially due to the height differences) using the normal parameter controls (and had to deal with each bone separately). One of the toughest parts was getting their eyes to meet (which the head and eye function in Pose Master appears to simplify).

Like Zev0's Skin BuilderPro3 and the built in Strand Hair tool in 4.12, I can see this as a major resource saver (both financially and time wise).

Sisters.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 474K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    inquire said:

For the hand and foot helpers, if I were doing a fighting scene, would I be able to place one character's hands on another character? And would I be able to place a second chracter's hands on the first character? I'm guessing I could only work on one character at a time. In that case, what about the first instance: would I be able to place one character's hands and feet on another character?

If not, I'd really like a product that would let me work with two characters at the same time, for scenes in which there is boxing or wrestling.

I'm going to watch the videos. Haven't looked at them yet. But this product is really interesting.

No you are right, you can only work figure by figure one after the other, not two figures together at the same time, but you can have two figures at the same time in the scene, and have only their arms and legs posed (but one figure after the other).

...So I could still have two characters in the scene but I have to switch between them. So how is this done? do I have to open the script individually for each character or can I just select the second character and switch to that one?

For example here is a pose with two characters I did several weeks ago. Even though I first started with a basic couples pose, it took forever to modify and refine (partially due to the height differences) using the normal parameter controls (and had to deal with each bone separately). One of the toughest parts was getting their eyes to meet (which the head and eye function in Pose Master appears to simplify).

Like Zev0's Skin BuilderPro3 and the built in Strand Hair tool in 4.12, I can see this as a major resource saver (both financially and time wise).

Hi!

Yes for two figures you can do it "alternatively", the principle is that the pose master will only work on the figure you select in the scene when you launch it. So select figure 1, launch the script, pose figure 1, close the script, select figure 2, launch the script, pose figure 2, close the script. You can swap this way as many times as you want, but you have to close the script, select the new figure, relaunch the script (that's why it is interesting to have it in the menu, or to have keep the visiblity of it in the smart content or content manager).

When you swap from one figure to another one, when you open the script, it will ask you if you want to keep the helpers where they are (on the hands and feet of the previous figure) or if you want to move them on the hands and feet of the new figure you want to pose. You'll probably choose this option. I hope this helps.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    kyoto kid said:
    inquire said:

Hi!

Yes for two figures you can do it "alternatively", the principle is that the pose master will only work on the figure you select in the scene when you launch it. So select figure 1, launch the script, pose figure 1, close the script, select figure 2, launch the script, pose figure 2, close the script. You can swap this way as many times as you want, but you have to close the script, select the new figure, relaunch the script (that's why it is interesting to have it in the menu, or to have keep the visiblity of it in the smart content or content manager).

When you swap from one figure to another one, when you open the script, it will ask you if you want to keep the helpers where they are (on the hands and feet of the previous figure) or if you want to move them on the hands and feet of the new figure you want to pose. You'll probably choose this option. I hope this helps.

I've used it in exactly this way. I figured the issue was at least partially in how constrained you are once you're in the script dialog box. It isn't that painful to swap back and forth though. Especially if the figures are roughly in the right position anyway.

I also included how helpful this tool is for tweaking poses (especially for couples, but really any time you want a character to interact with something else in the scene) in my blog post about My Daz Studio Workflow.

edited October 2019
    JonnyRay said:
    kyoto kid said:
    inquire said:

Hi!

I've used it in exactly this way. I figured the issue was at least partially in how constrained you are once you're in the script dialog box. It isn't that painful to swap back and forth though. Especially if the figures are roughly in the right position anyway.

I also included how helpful this tool is for tweaking poses (especially for couples, but really any time you want a character to interact with something else in the scene) in my blog post about My Daz Studio Workflow.

Thanks so much for sharing about this!

edit: by the way, very interesting information you share in your Daz Studio Workflow!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    kyoto kid said:
    inquire said:

Hi!

When you swap from one figure to another one, when you open the script, it will ask you if you want to keep the helpers where they are (on the hands and feet of the previous figure) or if you want to move them on the hands an d feet of the new figure you want to pose. You'll probably choose this option. I hope this helps.

...excellent.  Thank you. I like the fact it will remember the settings for each figure, that is a big help. 

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    inquire said:

Hi!

When you swap from one figure to another one, when you open the script, it will ask you if you want to keep the helpers where they are (on the hands and feet of the previous figure) or if you want to move them on the hands an d feet of the new figure you want to pose. You'll probably choose this option. I hope this helps.

...excellent.  Thank you. I like the fact it will remember the settings for each figure, that is a big help. 

You're welcome. Actually each time you launch the script, it evaluates the distances between the helpers and the hands and feet of the selected figure. If one at least of the distances is greater than (if I remember well) 5 mm, then a pop up asks you what you want to do, either to let the helpers where they are, or to place them where they are supposed to be.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Just bought this, have not had the opportunity to try it yet. Are there any good video tutorials?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    Sigurd said:

Just bought this, have not had the opportunity to try it yet. Are there any good video tutorials?

Videos are linked in the very first message of this thread. There is a lot of good information in this thread. You should read through it.

• I bought this yesterday and spent the night playing around with it in animating two figures dancing in a scene (or the start - only 600 frames!).  

I'm really pleased with the results, I feel it "fixes" a lot of what's awkward and time consuming about trying to animate in Daz - the drilling in and out of menus posing, fixing things in place/functional IK etc.  I just wanted to say thanks.  Still got much practicing to fully understand the capabilities and get used to it but it probably halved the time I spent recreating something I did a couple of weeks ago using the traditional Daz interface.

Also just to add myself to the whishlist items that have been already requested;

• A back button for when you accidentally click on something or something swings way out unexpectedly - my current work around is to exit out and hit back in Daz, this seem to undo anything I did since firing up the script.  Overkill sometimes but it's either that or manually deleting the key(s).
    • If it ever becomes a plugin, then being able to run it as a tab so I can control the camera more easily would be awesome.  I need to move around and examine from different angles to avoid intersection.  
      • Currently the inbuilt zoom in/out slider seems backward, for most other things in life that zoom, zooming in would be moving to the right, zooming out to the left.
    • I feel having the hands meet the helpers on the inside of the palm would be much more useful than the current positioning on the end of the wrist - not sure if that's possible but for poses gripping, holding, shaking hands, holding a sword, riding a bike etc then I think that would save much more time.  e.g. place helper on sword, apply hand pose, minor tweak, done.
    • I would like to fix the orientation of the hand or foot while moving the rest of the body a little e.g. imagine holding onto a hand rail in a tram, the hand stays in place and the rest of the arm pivots around it - I thought this was already possible with the product but haven't been able to find how to so it might just be me.
    • Have settings that I've chosen remain each time I open and close the script.  I probably opened and closed it 200 times last night swapping between the figures to make changes.  Having to set a number of dropdowns each and every time becomes quite tedious. ;-)
  • edited November 2019

Howdy! laugh

*I posted this in the wrong thread earlier - I have gone back & deleted that post.

I have browsed this thread, the tutorial video, the store posting, and all the product documentation I could find, and asked Google, but I do not see this answered anywhere yet:

- Can I use V3Digitime's "Ultimate Pose Master" to make my own poses for inclusion in a product I make for sale?

If this has already been answered somewhere and I have missed it, my apologies!

Post edited by FastestDogInTheDistrict on
  •  - Can I use V3Digitime's "Ultimate Pose Master" to make my own poses for inclusion in a product I make for sale?

Why couldn't you ? It's just a nice tool to help posing a figure. Something you could totally do any other way. So yeah sure : use it. 

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

I've been forever interested in this product, but it also seems extemely intimidating to me for some reason. 

edited October 2020

- Can I use V3Digitime's "Ultimate Pose Master" to make my own poses for inclusion in a product I make for sale?

Why couldn't you ? It's just a nice tool to help posing a figure. Something you could totally do any other way. So yeah sure : use it. 

Yes you can. As mention this is just a tool, you can sell all the poses you make with it.

I've been forever interested in this product, but it also seems extemely intimidating to me for some reason. 

This is really intuitive and I'm available here for any questions. And don't forget the 30 days warranty is your friend if, after using it, you think you were right to be intimidating.

Zantium said:

I bought this yesterday and spent the night playing around with it in animating two figures dancing in a scene (or the start - only 600 frames!).  

I'm really pleased with the results, I feel it "fixes" a lot of what's awkward and time consuming about trying to animate in Daz - the drilling in and out of menus posing, fixing things in place/functional IK etc.  I just wanted to say thanks.  Still got much practicing to fully understand the capabilities and get used to it but it probably halved the time I spent recreating something I did a couple of weeks ago using the traditional Daz interface.

Also just to add myself to the whishlist items that have been already requested;

• A back button for when you accidentally click on something or something swings way out unexpectedly - my current work around is to exit out and hit back in Daz, this seem to undo anything I did since firing up the script.  Overkill sometimes but it's either that or manually deleting the key(s).
    • If it ever becomes a plugin, then being able to run it as a tab so I can control the camera more easily would be awesome.  I need to move around and examine from different angles to avoid intersection.  
      • Currently the inbuilt zoom in/out slider seems backward, for most other things in life that zoom, zooming in would be moving to the right, zooming out to the left.
    • I feel having the hands meet the helpers on the inside of the palm would be much more useful than the current positioning on the end of the wrist - not sure if that's possible but for poses gripping, holding, shaking hands, holding a sword, riding a bike etc then I think that would save much more time.  e.g. place helper on sword, apply hand pose, minor tweak, done.
    • I would like to fix the orientation of the hand or foot while moving the rest of the body a little e.g. imagine holding onto a hand rail in a tram, the hand stays in place and the rest of the arm pivots around it - I thought this was already possible with the product but haven't been able to find how to so it might just be me.
    • Have settings that I've chosen remain each time I open and close the script.  I probably opened and closed it 200 times last night swapping between the figures to make changes.  Having to set a number of dropdowns each and every time becomes quite tedious. ;-)

I see your wishlist here. First thanks for the nice feedback. Some of them are difficult to implement (such as helper in the palm), others I could think of some tweaks (automatic remember some preferences when the script is closed). Concerning the way to fix the orientation of the hand or foot (absolute angle in space) while you move the arms, legs, torso is possible. I have to check if it is also activated when the full figure is moved. If you want to do so, in the left box of the arms control you have a dropdown menu where you can "set as preferred orientation". Then you can maintain this orientation, but often you will have to choose the option turning limits of for hands rotatations. It is shown in one of the video : and the method is shown at around 4 minutes in the video.

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited October 2020

Firstly: Thank you for this wonderful tool, and for your great documentation and support!   I can now do poses in about 1/10th the time it used to take me, and with 10 times the enjoyment.  I'm also amazed at the amount of work you have put into this product.

Secondly:

I'm OK staying active when the script closes (or is somehow active in the background) would be cool, it might be possible because some solutions are available to do this,

This product: Shape-Splitter has a button labelled [Hide/Interactive] that hides the modal dialog and allows you to use the normal UI until you press Esc, or a specified time passes.  The result is not quite "Non-Modal", but is a lot faster and more convenient than exiting the script, using the normal UI, then re-launching the script and restoring its context.  I assume this technique is available and allowed for PAs to use... so I've attached HideRestore_ModalDialog.dsa for you to consider (it closes/re-launches the Dialog, while keeping the Script running).  Hope it helps.

P.

2020-Oct-07: Edited attachment to remove dead code.

dsa
    dsa
    HideRestore_ModalDialog.dsa
    Post edited by Praxis on
    Praxis said:

Firstly: Thank you for this wonderful tool, and for your great documentation and support!   I can now do poses in about 1/10th the time it used to take me, and with 10 times the enjoyment.  I'm also amazed at the amount of work you have put into this product.

Secondly:

I'm OK staying active when the script closes (or is somehow active in the background) would be cool, it might be possible because some solutions are available to do this,

This product: Shape-Splitter has a button labelled [Hide/Interactive] that hides the modal dialog and allows you to use the normal UI until you press Esc, or a specified time passes.  The result is not quite "Non-Modal", but is a lot faster and more convenient than exiting the script, using the normal UI, then re-launching the script and restoring its context.  I assume this technique is available and allowed for PAs to use... so I've attached HideRestore_ModalDialog.dsa for you to consider (it closes/re-launches the Dialog, while keeping the Script running).  Hope it helps.

P.

Thank you so much for that. Initially I understood that the message about using dialogs which are non modal is that the QA would refuse them, so I did not push a lot further. Now, this is a nice workaround so that you keep your dialog modal, but behaving as modaless when it's hidden (brief summary). Really smart and useful, indeed, I'll have a look what issues it could cause when it is used with the pose master (for instance if the helpers and the figure are moved and posed when you hide the dialog, what will precisely happen when you "esc" to show it again).

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited October 2020

Thank you so much for that. ...

You are very welcome.

I think the key points with this method are:

1. The Dialog is totally Modal/Blocking, and so hopefully will not bother QA.
    2. The Script is effectively Non-Modal/Blocking, and can hopefully maintain all necessary data to be restored into the Dialog controls when the Dialog is re-Executed.  Or, as necessary,  the Script can re-load data from the Scene just before wDlg.Exec(), as it would when first launched.
    3. The "Wake Up" key could be something other than Esc - maybe a User choice from a short list of sensible values.
    4. My main concern is how this may interact with other scripts that are launched while this script is executing - especially if they also use this technique.  I tried a simple test with this script and Shape-Splitter executing and being hidden+restored at the same time, and all worked OK and as one would want, but it needs more testing - perhaps the PA forum (or Rob?) can advise...

Post edited by Praxis on
    Praxis said:

Thank you so much for that. ...

You are very welcome.

I think the key points with this method are:

1. The Dialog is totally Modal/Blocking, and so hopefully will not bother QA.
    2. The Script is effectively Non-Modal/Blocking, and can hopefully maintain all necessary data to be restored into the Dialog controls when the Dialog is re-Executed.  Or, as necessary,  the Script can re-load data from the Scene just before wDlg.Exec(), as it would when first launched.
    3. The "Wake Up" key could be sometyhing other than Esc - maybe a User choice from a short list of sensible values.
    4. My main concern is how this may interact with other scripts that are launched while this script is executing - especially if they also use this technique.  I tried a simple test with this script and Shape-Splitter executing and being hidden+restored at the same time, and all worked OK and as one would want, but it needs more testing - perhaps the PA forum (or Rob?) can advise...

I really deeply thank you both for the smart way you workaround the issue, and for your advice. I have to think about all those details. I began to integrate it in my pose master. It works perfectly, of course I have tons of parameters to reload when 'esc' (one per rotation for each bone, plus recalculation of helpers locations), but this is just a matter of time. What I also did is when I swap to the modaless mode, I add a modaless dzdialog (I hesitated to do that) with a simple textbox saying that pose master is here as a background process and that 'esc' must be used to display it again. For now I did not manage to have DS crashing with this modaless dialog, but I hesitate if I keep it or not. The problem I noticed then is that if the user (well, me for now) closes Daz Studio while in modaless mode, then DS remains active in the task manager (and presently no DS multisession are allowed so this is a real problem). I have to have a deeper look at it tomorrow, to understand in which circumstances exactly Daz Studio remains active in the task manager or not after DS is closed.