Ultimate Pose Master [Commercial]

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

V3m I love how active you are on your new and awesome software. I'm going through the great tutorials now.

OT question, what is the "flex" icon you have?

Capture.JPG
    151 x 50 - 9K
  • V3m I love how active you are on your new and awesome software. I'm going through the great tutorials now.

OT question, what is the "flex" icon you have?

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! For the icons I am not sure but I think they are shortcuts to morph loader and morph loader pro. I can check tomorrow if you want to !
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I used this quite a bit over the weekend while working on my latest image (Finding Anya) because the poses needed a lot of tweaking for size differences, etc. in the figures. I didn't have any performance issues and even found it handy to use the built in view controls which I got used to pretty quickly.

One request I'd make is for the helpers to be loaded with "Visible in Render" turned off by default? A couple of times I forgot to turn them off/hide them and then my poor character's hands looked like they were being skewered by red, blue, and green pencils! laugh

• JonnyRay said:

I used this quite a bit over the weekend while working on my latest image (Finding Anya) because the poses needed a lot of tweaking for size differences, etc. in the figures. I didn't have any performance issues and even found it handy to use the built in view controls which I got used to pretty quickly.

One request I'd make is for the helpers to be loaded with "Visible in Render" turned off by default? A couple of times I forgot to turn them off/hide them and then my poor character's hands looked like they were being skewered by red, blue, and green pencils! laugh

Hi! Thanks for sharing this, and sharing the image! I'm very happy it helped you making your image. Yes, the built in controls are handy finally because they also allow you to "jump" from one node to another when you want to. I'm glad you liked them! And I'm even more glad you did not have any performance issue :) (Even if the next update will be widely focused on Scene Tools (hide/show wearables+accessories/hair/props/figures), convergence tools, and step tools, to improve performance, - anyway they improve the global quality of the interface)

I've been working on an update since friday, and now the "Close" button at the bottom right has been replaced by a "More:" dropdown menu, including, amongst many other things, 2 final options to close the script: 1.close the script and keep all tools, or 2.delete all tools and close the script. Would the use of the latest option be ok for you rather than hiding the helpers in render, you delete them when you leave the script?

JonnyRay said:

Hi! Thanks for sharing this, and sharing the image! I'm very happy it helped you making your image. Yes, the built in controls are handy finally because they also allow you to "jump" from one node to another when you want to. I'm glad you liked them! And I'm even more glad you did not have any performance issue :) (Even if the next update will be widely focused on Scene Tools (hide/show wearables+accessories/hair/props/figures), convergence tools, and step tools, to improve performance, - anyway they improve the global quality of the interface)

I've been working on an update since friday, and now the "Close" button at the bottom right has been replaced by a "More:" dropdown menu, including, amongst many other things, 2 final options to close the script: 1.close the script and keep all tools, or 2.delete all tools and close the script. Would the use of the latest option be ok for you rather than hiding the helpers in render, you delete them when you leave the script?

Yes, I've seen the other requests for deleting the helpers on exit and that would be fine. It just occurred to me after the second time I forgot to hide them (during a quick test render) that I can't imagine a time when I would want to render the helpers, so it might make more sense if they loaded with "Visible in Render" turned off by default. But it's really a minor thing overall.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    JonnyRay said:
    JonnyRay said:

Yes, I've seen the other requests for deleting the helpers on exit and that would be fine. It just occurred to me after the second time I forgot to hide them (during a quick test render) that I can't imagine a time when I would want to render the helpers, so it might make more sense if they loaded with "Visible in Render" turned off by default. But it's really a minor thing overall.

Yeah, it's not that big a deal - I just can't imagine any time I'd want to see them in the render (unless turning their rendering off is a technical issue.)

• lx said:
    JonnyRay said:
    JonnyRay said:

Yeah, it's not that big a deal - I just can't imagine any time I'd want to see them in the render (unless turning their rendering off is a technical issue.)

No no that's really easy to do, 8 simple lines to add in the middle of 12178 it's not an issue. My worry is that, if someone, for one reason or another, needs to refine the pose in Iray Preview mode (I don't know, how lights interact with the nails or something like that), then he will not be able to see the helper in this Preview mode and that could annoy him if they are set visible in render.

What if I add in the visibility dropdown menu of the General Option Tab, I add a choice "Hide All Helpers in Render" (or via a button in the visibility box). Otherwise I can set them invisible in render by default, and add "Show All Helpers in Render" in this menu instead. Maybe better?

lx said:
    JonnyRay said:
    JonnyRay said:

No no that's really easy to do, 8 simple lines to add in the middle of 12178 it's not an issue. My worry is that, if someone, for one reason or another, needs to refine the pose in Iray Preview mode (I don't know, how lights interact with the nails or something like that), then he will not be able to see the helper in this Preview mode and that could annoy him if they are set visible in render.

What if I add in the visibility dropdown menu of the General Option Tab, I add a choice "Hide All Helpers in Render" (or via a button in the visibility box). Otherwise I can set them invisible in render by default, and add "Show All Helpers in Render" in this menu instead. Maybe better?

Personally I'd prefer invisible by default with a show helpers for iray previews, but personally I'd never mess around with poses in iray mode and have no idea if a lot of people do that. 

• I have found that  after using the script once I find having the helpers visible is quite useful. It means I can move them easily, reopen the script ( it takes a while fir me) and the move hands or feet to new helper position. Personally I like the idea of the visibility drop down menu idea. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,311

I would also vote for the switching off the helper visibiity by default. To be honest, I don't really need the helpers to be visible in any case. If I am moving a hand, I am watching the hand, not the helper. The only reason to show the helpers at all is to check they are correctly aligned with the relevant body part.

• Hello all,

I did not answered this morning since I was still working on the update. When I went back to my code, I saw that the lines to disable visibility in render mode were already here, but that they were disabled witht the following comment: "for beginners". Indeed, if a user opens the script for the first time in Iray Preview mode, he will not able to see the helpers, and this does not correspond neither to the paper nor to the video documentation, (and nor to the promo images) and he will be lost. Of course advanced users will easily solve this, but this script must be made for all, including beginners, and I'm sure this will cause issues for them.

This is why I initially had set those "make it invisible in render" lines as disabled, and that I am going to keep them this way, at least for the first update. BUT I have included, in the visibility dropdown menu of the general options, an option to "Hide All Helpers in Render". You only have to activate this option once for a given scene, after that, nothing in the script will set them visible in render again so you can open and close the script or open and close the scene as many times as you want, the helpers will remain not rendered.

@Ix : the same way, I never use Iray to pose figures, but beginners, or people with a NASA style computer, may do so.. I must not only work for the majority, I must try to work for everyone too!

@Beanoutback : I added the option to hide all helpers in render as an additional in the Visibility Dropdown menu. It is complemented to by the possibility to close the script doing "Delete all tools and close".

@Havos : The helpers visibility may be required if the figure has a weird rotation in the scene (like a super hero rolling when falling from the sky). Indeed "front-back", etc, etc are related to the absolute world space and not to the figure. In this case, this is useful for the users to see helpers and to switch to the "RED", "GREEN", "BLUE" names for the dials, to be sure they activate the right dial. This is why they are by defaut visible in preview. But for the visibility in render of course, this is on by default for the reasons I alreay explained here. What can be remembered here is that when you modified any visibility (render, preview) for A GIVEN SCENE of course, then you can close and reopen the script as often as you want, close and reopen the scene as often as you want, save it under another name, the visibility option will not change and will remain the ones you set.

ANOTHER THING WHICH CAN BE DONE to set up your preferences in term of visibility (not tested but it should work in theory) is to save your four helpers as a scene subset with the visibility options that you prefer (invisible in render, totally invisible). Then each time you want those options for other poses or other scenes, you reload the subset before launching the script (no helper must be in the scene when you reload), the script should accept them as the new helpers (only their names matter). The same way I think that if you rename any prop with the name of one helper, it should work too, the new prop should be seen as the new helper. (this also I have not tested but should work in theory).

It makes sense, V3D. I think having control over them via the menu is helpful so I don't have to remember to do it manually after I close the script. I almost never try to pose anything in Iray preview (the lag of waiting for the redraw after every move drives me insane), but I can understand why you made the default to have them show up.

Thank you so much for taking feedback and using it to improve the product. It's already been a time saver for me and it's nice to see your attention to finding little tweaks to make it even better.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,060
    edited September 2019
    JonnyRay said:

It makes sense, V3D. I think having control over them via the menu is helpful so I don't have to remember to do it manually after I close the script. I almost never try to pose anything in Iray preview (the lag of waiting for the redraw after every move drives me insane), but I can understand why you made the default to have them show up.

Thank you so much for taking feedback and using it to improve the product. It's already been a time saver for me and it's nice to see your attention to finding little tweaks to make it even better.

You're welcome. I tried to take every advice in consideration for this update. The only missing thing for now I think is the undo latest. Many additional tools have been included, most in menus, other as buttons. I would say around 20-25 or more features are now available (I did not make the exact count). Now there are store / restore tools, scene simplifying tools, 3 convergence presets (allow to define if you want something fast and less precise, or something a bit slower but more precise - the fastest settings being ok for laggy systems), 3 "steps" of sensitivity for the "+" and "-" around the hands and feet helpers dials (the ones to move the helpers). The new sensitiviy allow to use 1 cm (presently default), 5 cm or 10 cm steps, allowing to use them either for fine tuning (as it was the case before) or to browse rapidely the available space for arms and legs (and this is new). This is another way to control the hands and feet location, now completely comparable in term of speed with the one you have with the handles of the dials, especially when you hold down the left click on one of them.

edit: in the meantime, the issues of the two people who reported here lag issues were widely solved (PM) by using the following convergence settings in the General Options Tab (top): Hands: Max Iterations = 2 iterations, min Error = 3, Feet: Max Iterations = 5 iterations, min Error = 3. I had the confirmation by a pretty lot of people who tested the initial version (1.0)  now that there is globally no performance issue, but I want the maximum of people to be able to use if "comfortably".

The main difference is that you will see more tools in the "Arms" Tab, which for now became the "Arms/Conv." Tab, since the convergence and sensitivity presets have been included in this tab. If it is annoying I can include it in a dedicated tab in a next update, but having those in this tab is what requires "the less clicks"  from the user in my opinion.

I'm finishing the update right now with the documentation (writting the text of the update). I also included a "show all helpers in render mode" (in addition to the hide in render option). Just to be coherent with the other hide / show which all have both options (hide AND show). I think I won't change what was written in the documentation, but add a part concerning 1.1 update rather than modifying the initial text. I just wonder if I put it at the begining of the documentation or the end, knowing that if I put it at the end, no-one will never reach it. Not sure I'm going to make a video yet, because Amazon is late in delivering the wire for my microphone (I brocke the connector of my previous wire).

I think I should be able to submit the update 1.1 to daz tomorrow or monday.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited September 2019

This indeed looks like a power pose with sliders.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems like your script is more than just Powerpose with sliders. Powerpose does not really incorporate inverse kinematics. Whereas this SEEMS to (the videos don't make it clear). In powerpose, everything downstream from the shoulder, for example, moves statically as a single object (arms, hands, etc.). Whereas this it appears to have some basic IK alogrithms built into it, i.e., it extrapolates how neighbor nodes should move when moving a node.  

If so, this is a huge selling point. For years, Daz totally lacked decent IK posing. This seems like a step in a good direction. Now if only we can drag the green/red/blue helpers in the viewport, and develop the IK further, that would be amazing. Perhaps a version 2 to come?

-P  

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,060
    edited September 2019

This indeed looks like a power pose with sliders.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems like your script is more than just Powerpose with sliders. Powerpose does not really incorporate inverse kinematics. Whereas this SEEMS to (the videos don't make it clear). Can you elaborate on this? In Powerpose, when you move the hand, only the hand moves. When you move the arm, only the arm moves. There is no interpolation to neighboring nodes as each node is moved. Everything downstream from the shoulder moves statically as a single object (arms, hands, etc.). Whereas this it appears to have some decent IK alogrithms built into it, i.e., it extrapolates how neighbor nodes should move when moving a node.  

If so, this is a huge selling point. For years, Daz totally lacked decent IK posing. This seems like a step in a good direction. Now if only we can drag the green/red/blue helpers in the viewport, and develop the IK further, that would be amazing. Perhaps a version 2 to come?

-P  

Yes, I confirm, there is a kind of IK, which is limited to forearm/shoulder/collar with hands location as the control, and limited to thigh and shin for feet location as the control. This prevents the figure from taking off the floor or from bending of from moving in the scene even if you place the helpers where the hands/feet cannot be reached. It means that you can use the helpers either to place the hands/feet where you want (if the helper is at a location which can be reached), or to strech the arm/leg in a given direction (if the helper is further than the arm length). Then inversly (still in advanced use), when you dial the shoulder/collar or thigh/shin rotations, the script will recalculate the closest result to be able to keep the hands and feet in place. But you can go from connection to disconnection helper by helper (dropdown menu) or all together (a button at the bottom of the interface), and then you can use it as if there was no IK, meaning that in this "disconnected" mode the limbs completely ignore the helpers and inversely. Once you changed you pose - edit: as you would do in a power pose with sliders-, you can if you want to reconnect the helpers (the same way, menu or button), and decide if you want you move your hands to the helpers or the helpers to your hands, and then go on working (if you want to) with the initial connected mode.

You can move the Red Green Blue helper in the viewport first, and then open the interface to make "Move all hands and feet to helpers" (which is in the General options tab). But indeed I have not the option of a "live" control in the viewport, because it would require a pluggin instead of a script, and pluggins are so different that I'm not able to make them yet. Otherwise, there is a script which allows to work in the viewport while a script is active, but Daz forbids the use of such methods, because the risks of crash of similar issues are too high... So for now, I'm gonna just submit the 1.1 update, with all the commands, including the ones of the helpers, via the interface as it presently is.... For the rest, only the future will tell us!

But I'm not sure that people 100% comfortable with power pose (and so very good at it) will take a big advantage of Pose Master, because if you're good at power pose, you can be very very efficient at making poses.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • Yes, I confirm, there is a kind of IK, which is limited to forearm/shoulder/collar with hands location as the control, and limited to thigh and shin for feet location as the control.

I would really love to see this developed upon. Daz really needs better IK. For example, dropping the right hand to the floor makes the whole body move (arms, torso, legs, head, etc.) organically to a natural looking position with the hand on the floor.  

Poser really excelled at this with their default model; it was actually fun to play around with.

-p

• Yes, I confirm, there is a kind of IK, which is limited to forearm/shoulder/collar with hands location as the control, and limited to thigh and shin for feet location as the control.

I would really love to see this developed upon. Daz really needs better IK. For example, dropping the right hand to the floor makes the whole body move (arms, torso, legs, head, etc.) organically to a natural looking position with the hand on the floor.  

Poser really excelled at this with their default model; it was actually fun to play around with.

-p

I agree poser system was excellent (today maybe it is still excellent, but I don't know since I stopped using Poser).

• Wow! What a detailed User Guide. It must have taken as long as the product creation.

• Wow! What a detailed User Guide. It must have taken as long as the product creation.

Lol, it would have been so cool if the product creation was as short as making the documentation. It took me something like two weeks for the documentation, I did not really count, but it took me more than 4 month for the product (the script) creation - I totally underestimated how difficult it was to make its "advanced" features....

• SoneSone Posts: 84

I really like this! Thanks and bravo for your all your hard work V3Digitimes!

• Sone said:

I really like this! Thanks and bravo for your all your hard work V3Digitimes!

Thanks a lot! Very happy you like it!

• I'll try it once my eyes have stopped being glazed over after (attemting to) reading the manual laugh

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

I really, really like this product. Fabulous work.

• I'll try it once my eyes have stopped being glazed over after (attemting to) reading the manual laugh

ROFL... Maybe I should have told you that you should be able to use the product easily WITHOUT reading the documentation.... The video and paper doc are just here for support "in case", but I don't really think they are required, the product is really intuitive to use.

Damsel said:

I really, really like this product. Fabulous work.

Thank you so much for this feeback!

BY THE WAY, NORMALLY THE 1.1 VERSION (UPDATE) SHOULD BE LIVE NOW. This is the same as the initial 1.0 version, with in addition, some additional features requested here by the users (Store/Restore a pose at any time, delete or not all tools when you close the script, hide/show tools in render mode), and additional tools allowing a better workflow for people having performance issue (even if it seems to be a minority of people). These additional performance tools have been included at the bottom of the "Arms" tab, which was renamed "Arms/Conv." and include 3 convergence presets: Default (which is the default of version 1.0 and 1.1 and is ok if you have no performance issue), "Medium" (will require less time for the calculations, with a slightly lower precision), and "Fast", which is the minumum and fastest settings you can have, but you lower the precision of the hands and feet location.

Bellow the 3 convergence presets, you have 3 sensitivity presets allowing to define if the steps when you use the "+" and "-" around the helpers are 1, 5 or 10 cm. (so still in the Arms/Conv tab).

All these tools act both on hands and feet helpers.

You also have scene tools included in the two menus at the bottom right of the interface (where the "Close" button previously was), allowing to work on the various elements which can speed up your workflow, such as lowering the resolution of a figure, hiding (and showing) wardrobe and accessories of the figure, all hair, or all other figures, or all non figures in the scene, all this via dropdown menus.

The paper documentation was updated too. First you have a new parts detailing everything new in the 1.1 update. Then you have a "summary", and you can click on the various tiltes of the summary to be sent directly to the corresponding page in the document. Once in the document you can use the only "Bookmark" of the pdf to come back to the summary.

• The new update is awesome. Thank you so much! 

• The new update is awesome. Thank you so much! 

You're welcome :)

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Just bought this. Loving it but I'd like to read the pdf. Unfortunately the link from the product readme page returns a message 'forbidden' and pdf does not load :(

MoreTN said:

Just bought this. Loving it but I'd like to read the pdf. Unfortunately the link from the product readme page returns a message 'forbidden' and pdf does not load :(

You already have it - use the link in the script itself, or it should be located in the base directory of your library.

• lx said:
    MoreTN said:

You already have it - use the link in the script itself, or it should be located in the base directory of your library.

That's true, the link in Daz Documentation web page is broken, I just saw that, I'll ask them to update the page so that anybody can access it via the web. The pdf documentation is included either in the ReadMe folder of the product or in the base directory of your library. It can anyway be opened via the interface, in the "General Option" Tab, near the bottom of this tab, you have a button to open the pdf documentation. (In order to open the interface you have to select a genesis 3 or 8 figure and launch the script).

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Thanks for the advice. Got good use out of it today but I need to read the user guide and watch your videos. Thanks for an excellent product and the superb level of support you give.