CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK V

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited April 2021

OK....Now this is not car related (other than the Ford Galaxie Police Car here, which I made the Mayberry police decals for the doors just like the show, AND it has the license plate from the show too!) but this is what I have been working on lately. I am still making characters for it and never realized just how many there were. There is the entire Darline family, Ernest T. Bass, Howard Sprage, The deputy that replaced Barney, Aunt Bee and her friend, Andy's first girlfriend the lady pharmasist (daughter from Father Knows Best), Helen Crump, Thelma Lou, Goober, Gomer Pyle, The Mayor, Wally from The Gas station, mean old Ben, and more. Here is a render I did in OpenGL of them hangin' out with Floyd the Barber. Opee is there too. That's Otis Campbell sitting next to Floyd. I am loving this. Too much fun!  

Hangin'OutAtFloyds2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1001K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,143

Great job on Floyd!  Barney looks pretty good, too!

Dana

DanaTA said:

Dana

Thanks. Otis is tough to reproduce because he always has a drunks face...lol. I had a hard time finding any pictures of him in color. They are 98% black and white. So many different expressions when you are as drunk as he would get. I am working on the inside of the jailhouse. I screwed up thinking there was three cells. Nope! Only two, so I had to start over. I used the checkered shirt outfit for G8 males for the uniforms. I made the sleve patches exact from the show and their star badges. Barney's says Deputy Mayberry and Andy's says Sheriff Mayberry. I used a 1916 pistol just like Barney's and he has one bullet in his shirt pocket...hahaha. I wish I had a template for the shirts so I could actually put the sleve patches on the shirt and not have them seperate. They won't give with the shirt so you have to adjust them to each pose. The one problem I do have is Andy's shirt top button was always undone. This shirt has it buttoned and will not open...crap! When I find a shirt with the top button open, I will use it. Hopefully a template for the sleeve patches. Quite a challenge so far, but I am just getting started with so many characters to do. Can't wait to do Ernest T. Bass. The faces he would make are too funny. Throwing rocks through windows...hahaha. 

music2u4u said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Thanks. Otis is tough to reproduce because he always has a drunks face...lol. I had a hard time finding any pictures of him in color. They are 98% black and white. So many different expressions when you are as drunk as he would get. I am working on the inside of the jailhouse. I screwed up thinking there was three cells. Nope! Only two, so I had to start over. I used the checkered shirt outfit for G8 males for the uniforms. I made the sleve patches exact from the show and their star badges. Barney's says Deputy Mayberry and Andy's says Sheriff Mayberry. I used a 1916 pistol just like Barney's and he has one bullet in his shirt pocket...hahaha. I wish I had a template for the shirts so I could actually put the sleve patches on the shirt and not have them seperate. They won't give with the shirt so you have to adjust them to each pose. The one problem I do have is Andy's shirt top button was always undone. This shirt has it buttoned and will not open...crap! When I find a shirt with the top button open, I will use it. Hopefully a template for the sleeve patches. Quite a challenge so far, but I am just getting started with so many characters to do. Can't wait to do Ernest T. Bass. The faces he would make are too funny. Throwing rocks through windows...hahaha. 

Ernest was a loony one!

Too bad you didn't get Stitch Witch when it was in the store.  That application creates the template for you and makes it really easy to make textures.  Try to contact PhilC, it was on his site, until he retired.  He may still sell or maybe even give it to you.  (this is just a guess)

Dana

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Yep, that's really cool!

Well. its not to much a secret.. I use IBL Master as my base scene and  lighting  with HDRI's from HdriHaven. There's one distant light  in there as a fill light. Instead of the 3d sphere that comes with IBL Master, I use Bagginsbill's Free EnvSphere package. - and that's it.. The entire base scene is IBL Master, the EnvSphere and one distant light.

As far as the Harley FL in those renders., it's a kitbash from at least 4 different bike models, all imported as .OBJ's

music2u4u said:

I think this might be the same model you have of the FatBoy. Looks the same.

How do you get such realistic renders using 3Delight? Makes no sence to me. I tried using it for a long time way back when with Daz 3.0. I never got a single render even close to one of yours. I am so jealous...hahaha. Tell me your secrets. These are just awesome.

edited April 2021

1969 Camaro SS

1969_camaro_ss_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1969_camaro_ss_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1969_camaro_ss_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1969_camaro_ss_4.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited April 2021

1969 Mustang GT 390

1969_mustang_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1969_mustang_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    edited April 2021

I finished Goober today. I found his beanie cap after tons of surfing. It lead me right back here to Daz site where a guy had made one for Jughead of the Archies cartoon. On a fluke, he actually put up a download link to it...as if someone would actually need it...yeah!...ME! I was so thankful. Goober just isn't complete without his cap. I used the nerd guys pants because they are pulled up high and too short...just like Goobers. The pens in the pocket that comes with the nerd guy worked out just great. Goober has them too. I think I finally got a good drunk face for otis. I copied this one from an actual Andy show where he comes in the courthouse and lets himself into the cell to sleep. Barney is standing there and he gets all ticked off at him for being drunk again. I got Helen Crump and Darline Darling finished also and tomorrow will be Ernest T, Bass with his bag of rocks...hahaha. I also redid Andys face and head. He now looks like him.

OtisInTheJailhouse1.jpg
    1085 x 869 - 539K
    GooberAtWallys1.jpg
    1085 x 869 - 185K
    edited April 2021

Andy And Helen In The Courthouse.

AndyAndHelenInTheCourthouse1.jpg
    1085 x 869 - 428K

Nice work!

Dana

edited April 2021

yeah.. nice work, nailed Goober for sure.. I tried doing a Face Transfer Goober, I think yous is better - this is untweaked, straight from FT.

goober_test.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 2M
    edited April 2021

Here is my intro to the Andy Griffith Show.

AndyGriffithShowIntro1.jpg
    1085 x 869 - 688K

Cool!

Dana

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2021

Convertible...

By the Seaside awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Nice one!

Dana

yep.. that's a good 'un!

Tks guys;)

edited April 2021

I got this 1932 Ford coupe at a freebie site. It was in .fbx format. Daz 4.15 has the ability to import .fbx files. So, I opened it and it was totally exploded into about 25 parts. Scattered all over the place. But, each part was listed seperately. This gave me the ability to export each part to an .obj file (like you do with the GTA cars in Z brush) No DAM files to delete though...hahaha. Anyway, It has a texture folder with it and I was able to apply them once I imported it back into Daz as .obj files. I had to assemble it though and place each part in place. Once assembled, I applied the textures and used Tom's shaders for the chrome and body paint. Here is the result of about 4 hours work. The engine is a flat head v8 and has great textures for it. Even the block has texture parts on it. 

1932FordCoupe1.jpg
    1092 x 869 - 350K

Nice! I hate fbx.. can be a real pain in the.....

edited April 2021

F 550, well almost anyway...didn't bother replicating the logo;)

F-550 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited April 2021

Nice one Sven!

1953 Fiat 8V Supersonic:

1953_fiat_supersonic_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_fiat_supersonic_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_fiat_supersonic_4.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_fiat_supersonic_5.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

hacsart said:

Nice one Sven!

1953 Fiat 8V Supersonic:

Ditto:) That's a beauty...I wish I had the bux to go hunting for some new models...

hacsart said:

Nice one Sven!

1953 Fiat 8V Supersonic:

Now that is a cool car!  Reminds me of spy movies, like James Bond...although I know he didn't drive one of these.  At least, I don't think so.

Dana

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

1933 Duesenberg SJ Speedster

I might have painted some elements that ought to be chrome or metallic so I apologize for any errors. 1933 Duesenberg SJ Speedster model (free) from Wire Wheels Club  wirewheelsclub.com/models/1933… 

Driver (Yasuo for Lee 6) and passenger (MBM Daisy). Background Urban Street 04 (free) from HDRI Haven  hdrihaven.com/hdri/?h=urban_st…

Zatetic said:

1933 Duesenberg SJ Speedster

I might have painted some elements that ought to be chrome or metallic so I apologize for any errors. 1933 Duesenberg SJ Speedster model (free) from Wire Wheels Club  wirewheelsclub.com/models/1933… 

Driver (Yasuo for Lee 6) and passenger (MBM Daisy). Background Urban Street 04 (free) from HDRI Haven  hdrihaven.com/hdri/?h=urban_st…

Sweet!!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,330

Nice work there everyone

Very nice, Zatetic!

Dana

Its a doozy!  Good one Zatetic!!

edited April 2021

Ok.. this one drove me slightly crazy getting the  superbee logo to work.. took a lot of mask work.. The color is as close as I could get it to the 1970 Dodge Hi-Impact "Green Go" paint. found a color chip and used the RGB values in the paint shader .. I think all the work was worth it..

1970_dodge_superbee_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1970_dodge_superbee_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1970_dodge_superbee_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1970_dodge_superbee_4.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1970_dodge_superbee_5.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M