[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,379

I have just very happily used the script on the 4 G3F characters I wanted to convert to G8F. They were all FWSA characters, and the script recognised none of the FWSA character .duf files as valid ones. So I saved the character as a custom character preset duf file, and it worked perfectly. Thanks, very useful.

Regards,

Richard

You're welcome.  I am glad you got it to work and you like it!  You could have also turned off "Check Content Type" in the Options and used Add Files to add them.

• Hi,

I recently purchase both the G3F to G8F and G3M to G8M converters; and after installing them and before attempting to use them I had an update that to my DAZ Studio to version 4.14.0.8.

I am unable to run the script, the error dialouge pops up almost instantaneously and the DAZ log file says there is a syntax error on line 1:

<Snippet>

2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 Loading script: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 Error in script execution: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

</Snippet>

I have attached the full log for the session.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Cheers

Paolo

zip
    zip
    CCG3F2G8Ferr.zip
  • That looks as if the file has not been properly decrypted, so it is completely unreadable when run. If the set has thumbnails do they display correctly in the content pane - if not that would tend to back up the not-decrypted diagnosis. I don't think these scripts have been updated to run when isntalled through Connect, so it may be best to unisntall in DS and then install through Install Manager (or Daz Central - whichever you use).

• That looks as if the file has not been properly decrypted, so it is completely unreadable when run. If the set has thumbnails do they display correctly in the content pane - if not that would tend to back up the not-decrypted diagnosis. I don't think these scripts have been updated to run when isntalled through Connect, so it may be best to unisntall in DS and then install through Install Manager (or Daz Central - whichever you use).

Thank you for the quick response.

I install all DAZ products using IM. When I got the first error this evening I thought it might have been the DS update, so I uninstalled them and re-installed using IM. The thumbnails appear to be okay. I will try uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling again tomorrow evening and will post an update.

Cheers

Paolo

• Hi,

I recently purchase both the G3F to G8F and G3M to G8M converters; and after installing them and before attempting to use them I had an update that to my DAZ Studio to version 4.14.0.8.

I am unable to run the script, the error dialouge pops up almost instantaneously and the DAZ log file says there is a syntax error on line 1:

<Snippet>

2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 Loading script: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
        <anonymous>()@D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1
    2020-11-12 23:23:26.732 Error in script execution: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

</Snippet>

Cheers

Paolo

Thanks @Richard Haseltine for the help.  I would make sure you reinstall the latest for both products.  The log shows it was pulling in the male RSConstants.dsa when running the female converter.

• Hi,

<Snippet>

</Snippet>

Cheers

Paolo

Thanks @Richard Haseltine for the help.  I would make sure you reinstall the latest for both products.  The log shows it was pulling in the male RSConstants.dsa when running the female converter.

Sadly, deleteing all 4 of the utilities and downloading then installing them using IM did not work (see attached log); a point of interests:

• G2F8F no icons - manual (dsa) in documents does not load
    • G2M8M has icons - manual (pdf) in documents ok
    • G3F8F has icons - manual (pdf) in utilities ok
    • G3M8M no icons - manual (dsa) in documents does not load
    txt
    txt
    CCG3F2G8FerrLog20201113.txt
  • Hi,

<Snippet>

</Snippet>

Cheers

Paolo

Sadly, deleteing all 4 of the utilities and downloading then installing them using IM did not work (see attached log); a point of interests:

You need to install the products using *DIM*. The log shows you installing them from Daz Connect I believe.

• Hi,

<Snippet>

</Snippet>

Cheers

Paolo

You need to install the products using *DIM*. The log shows you installing them from Daz Connect I believe.

Just in case anyone else has a similar issue - my G2 to G8 wasn't working, and I kept getting the error even after uninstalling and re-installing. I went in and manually deleted all of the files in both "My Library" AND "My Daz Connect Library", since DIM was not actually deleting the files when uninstalling. Under My Daz Connect, I deleted the My Daz Connect Library >data>cloud>1_67659. I used the file list under the read me to search out each file and delete them. Then reinstalled using DIM, and all is working fine now.

It was especially hard to troubleshoot since i got a new computer the day before the 4.14 release, so trying to figure out what was because of the new computer, what was because of migrating, and what was the new app has been kind of a headache since i had so many issues that took several days to solve, but i have almost everything working now! My last big headache is that I have almost 3,000 files ready to download in DIM, since i somehow lost whatever it was that told DIM I already have the files loaded. But I am definitely not touching Daz Connect again!

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

I have been reading of many people having trouble with DAZ Connect. 

• inquire said:

It depends on what assumptions the script makes - with Connect there are hidden extra folders in the path and those can confuse techniques which parse the scripts path to find associated files rather than using the CMS.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    Mouser said:
    Mouser said:

Finally got around to using this sucker and it performes well (slow) but well.

Unfortunatly running multiple instances of DazStudio doesnt seem to work with this sript (clothing & Hair does) as it defaults to only one core but it works.

Textures as per the PDF mentions are an issue but I lazily just used Genesis 8 textures instead.

The only issue I have had so far is the extreme shapes such as Star3's eye textures, has anyone thought up a solution to this?

Otherwise like this script;)

I am glad you like it.  Star is going to be a problem probably.  Those eyes make it difficult.  All I can suggest is playing with the 2 methods, and for the legacy method (uncheck hide eyes and really low tolerance, 0.0005 or less.

Yep, Star and characters like her where why i got this script as there isnt a Star 3 for Genesis 8.

Decided to convert the other characters and oh joy, Daz3d have decided to sabotage their own product.

v4.12+ no longer allow multiple instances to run so now I have to convert one character at a time.

I'm sitting here with a twin Zeon setup and can now sit and watch the one core of 16 total run this work, how eficient.

Thanks Daz3d for degrading your product, I just love working with both hands tied behind my back.

• 4.12+ do allow mutliple isntances, but it's been formalised - they have their own name and start-up options. See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5112696/#Comment_5112696

• inquire said:

It depends on what assumptions the script makes - with Connect there are hidden extra folders in the path and those can confuse techniques which parse the scripts path to find associated files rather than using the CMS.

The script uses the recommended way for finding other scripts.  Unfortunately, I have made a lot of different products; they are designed to share some common scripts (which works perfectly for manual or DIM installers), but Connect makes copies of all shared scripts and then the CMS does not prioritize finding the "closest" script.  This can have adverse effects. surprise

• echoesc said:

Hi,

<Snippet>

</Snippet>

Cheers

Paolo

Just in case anyone else has a similar issue - my G2 to G8 wasn't working, and I kept getting the error even after uninstalling and re-installing. I went in and manually deleted all of the files in both "My Library" AND "My Daz Connect Library", since DIM was not actually deleting the files when uninstalling. Under My Daz Connect, I deleted the My Daz Connect Library >data>cloud>1_67659. I used the file list under the read me to search out each file and delete them. Then reinstalled using DIM, and all is working fine now.

It was especially hard to troubleshoot since i got a new computer the day before the 4.14 release, so trying to figure out what was because of the new computer, what was because of migrating, and what was the new app has been kind of a headache since i had so many issues that took several days to solve, but i have almost everything working now! My last big headache is that I have almost 3,000 files ready to download in DIM, since i somehow lost whatever it was that told DIM I already have the files loaded. But I am definitely not touching Daz Connect again!

I am happy to hear you got it working.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

4.12+ do allow mutliple isntances, but it's been formalised - they have their own name and start-up options. See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5112696/#Comment_5112696

Will this work for v4.14?

I havnt upgraded as I like to give a new version a few weeks before installing.

• Mouser said:

4.12+ do allow mutliple isntances, but it's been formalised - they have their own name and start-up options. See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5112696/#Comment_5112696

Will this work for v4.14?

I havnt upgraded as I like to give a new version a few weeks before installing.

There is no reason CC shouldn't work.  That said, I am like you and do not upgrade immediately so I haven't tested it.  Anyone who is 4.14 tried yet?

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 766
    edited November 2020

It's makin' bad morphs that "errode" the teeth when I adjust the morph sliders.

Does it really require 4.14 to work? I'm using it in 4.11.

Elaboration on the making of bad morphs:

Got a "custom" G3F with lots of morphs dialed upon it, including super big breasts.

I run the script.

The resulting G8F figure looks like a pretty good copy, except for the breasts, which look very different from the original (much smaller). (Also the "neck length" morph did not get converted.)

So I try to fix this by using the breast morph sliders.

The more sliders I use the more the teeth shrink, as if they had been eroded by acid, or aggressive mesh smoothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies. After further research I have determined that the problem is not Chracter Converter. The prolem is the breast morphs being poor quality (well, at least poor quality in the context of how I use them). I mistakenly thought the breast morphs in question were made by Character Converter. But they were already in my Daz before using Character Converter. They were freebies from "Felldude".

But still, many morphs did not get converted, such as for the breasts and the neck.

I wonder whether there might simply be a limit on the quantity of morphs that Character Converter will convert, and my character simply exceeded the quantity, leaving some morphs beyond the quantity limit un-converted.

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • lukon100 said:

It's makin' bad morphs that "errode" the teeth when I adjust the morph sliders.

Does it really require 4.14 to work? I'm using it in 4.11.

Elaboration on the making of bad morphs:

Got a "custom" G3F with lots of morphs dialed upon it, including super big breasts.

I run the script.

The resulting G8F figure looks like a pretty good copy, except for the breasts, which look very different from the original (much smaller). (Also the "neck length" morph did not get converted.)

So I try to fix this by using the breast morph sliders.

The more sliders I use the more the teeth shrink, as if they had been eroded by acid, or aggressive mesh smoothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies. After further research I have determined that the problem is not Chracter Converter. The prolem is the breast morphs being poor quality (well, at least poor quality in the context of how I use them). I mistakenly thought the breast morphs in question were made by Character Converter. But they were already in my Daz before using Character Converter. They were freebies from "Felldude".

But still, many morphs did not get converted, such as for the breasts and the neck.

I wonder whether there might simply be a limit on the quantity of morphs that Character Converter will convert, and my character simply exceeded the quantity, leaving some morphs beyond the quantity limit un-converted.

No, there is no limit.  They do have to be active and non-default for CC to attempt to convert them.

• Richard or Riversoft,

I am trying to convert a custom G3 character to G8 using the RiverSoft Art Character Converter Form G3 to G8 and getting the following error msg when I click any icon in my smart content.

"An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details."

LOG

2020-12-09 15:13:45.834 Loading script: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2020-12-09 15:13:45.843 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 15:13:45.846 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 15:13:45.848 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa:1

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

I have attempted to uninstall in DIM and reinstall but that had no effect at all.

I am still on 4.12

Thanks

• plaul2002 said:

Richard or Riversoft,

I am trying to convert a custom G3 character to G8 using the RiverSoft Art Character Converter Form G3 to G8 and getting the following error msg when I click any icon in my smart content.

"An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details."

LOG

2020-12-09 15:13:45.834 Loading script: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2020-12-09 15:13:45.843 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 15:13:45.846 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 15:13:45.848 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa:1

2020-12-09 15:13:45.849 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

I have attempted to uninstall in DIM and reinstall but that had no effect at all.

I am still on 4.12

Thanks

What you are running was installed from Daz Connect (you can tell by the data/cloud/1_62491).  You need to uninstall, make sure the files are deleted from disk, and reinstall using DIM.

• How to uninstall?  I did a serch and found the 1_62491, do I just delete the file?

• plaul2002 said:

How to uninstall?  I did a serch and found the 1_62491, do I just delete the file?

I am not on my Daz computer right now, but I think you would right-click on the Product and click uninstall in DS.  Then, clean up the files.

• Tried everything.  I uninstalled in Connect.  Unistalled in DIM.  Deleted associated filed in Cloud.  Install via DIM.  Same error.  Even tried a manual install to Content, nope.  Open to suggestions.

2020-12-09 17:42:08.063 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/p/43/72443/meta/72443_e61522_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error

2020-12-09 17:42:08.063 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (72443) failed, url: https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/p/43/72443/meta/72443_e61522_data.json

2020-12-09 17:42:08.063 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 1 items succeeded, 1 items failed.

2020-12-09 17:42:08.065 Metadata update failed: 1 items succeeded, 1 items failed.

2020-12-09 17:42:13.121 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2020-12-09 17:42:13.126 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:42:13.129 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:42:13.132 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:42:13.132 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-12-09 17:42:13.132 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2020-12-09 17:42:13.132 WARNING: Stack Trace:

2020-12-09 17:42:13.133 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

• Found it located in a few other files. deleted. reinstalled now log is thus

2020-12-09 17:52:37.178 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2020-12-09 17:52:37.186 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:52:37.188 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:52:37.190 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:52:37.191 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-12-09 17:52:37.191 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2020-12-09 17:52:37.191 WARNING: Stack Trace:

2020-12-09 17:52:37.192 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

• plaul2002 said:

Found it located in a few other files. deleted. reinstalled now log is thus

2020-12-09 17:52:37.178 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

2020-12-09 17:52:37.186 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_72625/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:52:37.188 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:52:37.190 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Plaul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa

2020-12-09 17:52:37.191 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2020-12-09 17:52:37.191 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2020-12-09 17:52:37.191 WARNING: Stack Trace:

2020-12-09 17:52:37.192 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g3f to g8f.dse

It is still pulling in Connect files (data/cloud/1_63107) from the MALE version. 63107 is the SKU for that version.

• I think I have a solution workaround for my issue ... I will test my assumptions more thoroughly when I have a bit of time.

• I deinstalled all the Riversoft Art and RSSY converters and cleaned them out from the file system
    • I then installed them using DIM
    • The G3 to G8 worked fine, that was my main objective.

What I did different was not to install them in Smart Content, I am in a habit of doing this for all products, and where appropriate installing updates when flagged. This may of course be a red herring; but, for the moment I am content.

• paolo_35229750 said:

I think I have a solution workaround for my issue ... I will test my assumptions more thoroughly when I have a bit of time.

• I deinstalled all the Riversoft Art and RSSY converters and cleaned them out from the file system

What I did different was not to install them in Smart Content, I am in a habit of doing this for all products, and where appropriate installing updates when flagged. This may of course be a red herring; but, for the moment I am content.

If you mean by "not to install them in Smart Content" that you didn't use Daz Connect, DIM does work a LOT better for my products.  My products share some files (good programming practice).  However, Daz Connect installs a new version of every file for every product.  If you are not careful to keep all of my products updated, it can cause problems.

• RiverSoftArt said:

paolo_35229750 said:

I think I have a solution workaround for my issue ... I will test my assumptions more thoroughly when I have a bit of time.

If you mean by "not to install them in Smart Content" that you didn't use Daz Connect, DIM does work a LOT better for my products.  My products share some files (good programming practice).  However, Daz Connect installs a new version of every file for every product.  If you are not careful to keep all of my products updated, it can cause problems.

I guess, it is a thing that confuses me about DAZ Studio. I use DIM to install all products purchased from DAZ; these appear in Smart Content, with no issue. Usually, the thumbnails are emblished with an icon for Install or Update. I have until now assumed that this was to make the content available locally; which is what I need as I am working off a mobile workstation, and roam, so the Interwebs aren't always available. However, as I am learning, DIM does install them locally and the "Install /Update" option in Smart Content must be mangling the products as you say.

I assume that DIM will see product updates when it connects, so I am happy ...

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

Hello,

I am trying to convert some G3F characters that use Victoria 7 as well as the G3F base figure. When I do a conversion using the Convert Scene Character method it does the conversion in  a relatively shoert period of time. However, it doesn't seem to create character morph dials that I can turn off and on, or dial back as I see fit. And like it states in the PDF manual, this method doesn't create character presets.

I have converted some characters that use only the base G3F figure using the "Convert Character" method and it does create character morph dials and the character presets which is what I ultimately want to do. In these cases the character conversion is done in a relatively short period of time.

However, when I try to use the "Convert Character" method to convert a G3/V7 character that I can convert using the "Convert Scene Character" method, the conversion method now takes hours and hours to run. So long in fact that I have had to cancel the script (my last attempt ran for over 7 hours and was still not near completion).

Does anyone know why this is happening, and if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

nabob21

• nabob21 said:

Hello,

I am trying to convert some G3F characters that use Victoria 7 as well as the G3F base figure. When I do a conversion using the Convert Scene Character method it does the conversion in  a relatively shoert period of time. However, it doesn't seem to create character morph dials that I can turn off and on, or dial back as I see fit. And like it states in the PDF manual, this method doesn't create character presets.

I have converted some characters that use only the base G3F figure using the "Convert Character" method and it does create character morph dials and the character presets which is what I ultimately want to do. In these cases the character conversion is done in a relatively short period of time.

However, when I try to use the "Convert Character" method to convert a G3/V7 character that I can convert using the "Convert Scene Character" method, the conversion method now takes hours and hours to run. So long in fact that I have had to cancel the script (my last attempt ran for over 7 hours and was still not near completion).

Does anyone know why this is happening, and if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

nabob21

My first thought is that somehow the script has detected a lot of changed morphs.  Without seeing the Daz log, I cannot say much more.