What the hell is Gordig doing now?

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

^ I don't think so... TBH I can't really tell what you did in post?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,883
    edited August 2021

For comparison, here's the raw render:

Messing around with the Camera Raw filter is basically the only postwork I know how to do.

Kame Purotekkutaa_comp.png
    4800 x 2700 - 6M
    Post edited by Gordig on

Oh, I see what you mean. The postworked version is nicer but perhaps a touch too dark.

Work in progress intro animation for my podcast (links in signature) for whenever we start filming our recordings.

I listen to a lot of podcasts... putting yours in my rotation for at least a while. Potentially interesting perspectives! Can you also put it on Stitcher pleeze?

Hylas said:

I listen to a lot of podcasts... putting yours in my rotation for at least a while. Potentially interesting perspectives! Can you also put it on Stitcher pleeze?

I'll look into it. Thanks for the listen!

Well, signing up for Stitcher was easy enough, but the dashboard isn't all that helpful, so I'm not sure if I have to add episodes manually (which I definitely shouldn't, since the first step of signing up was entering the RSS feed address) or if it just takes time for the episodes to populate, or what, but it doesn't seem to be working just yet. Here's the link anyway: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/discourse-dissection

edited August 2021

Thx!

I don't record/publish myself so I'm afraid I can't help. Let'see!

I can find your show via browser but not via app. It probably just takes a while longer.

Post edited by Hylas on

Just downloaded the Stitcher app, and I can find my show in there, so it looks to be working now.

yep it´s working for me now yes

The Big Day

Save the date: 3rd Argul, 6th year of the 27th cycle.

My wife squealed when she saw me working on this, because she is so in love with this couple I've created.

edited August 2021

A rough self portrait. I dialed Fred down to 50% and thought "eh, close enough". I'm working on my co-host as well, and it's quite a bit more challenging, both because I care more about capturing the likeness and because I'm bad at replicating faces. 

28BA554A-61C3-4596-9C8B-6430C6BEDA52.png
    1350 x 2400 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2021

Alternate approach.

DD Hostoons.png
    2400 x 1800 - 3M
    Post edited by Gordig on

Hostile Work Environment

It was that time of year again, when the office started a pool to bet on who would survive their performance review.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    edited August 2021

Gordig said:

A rough self portrait. I dialed Fred down to 50% and thought "eh, close enough".

Awwww, you're like a mini-Hagrid! laugh Especially in the alternate approach.

Post edited by WinterMoon on

New episode of my podcast just dropped! Links in the signature.

I'm still mostly at the "move sliders until it does kind of what I want it to" phase of experimenting with pwToon.

edited August 2021

This is by far the most work I've ever done in 3Delight. Not going to lie, I think I'll just stick with Iray.

Mangatest 2.png
    800 x 800 - 895K
    Post edited by Gordig on

Gordig said: This is by far the most work I've ever done in 3Delight. Not going to lie, I think I'll just stick with Iray.

I kind of like it for nostalgic reasons. It looks like some sort of 90s video game. yes (Not that I actually played video games in the 90s, because I was that weird kid who didn't.  The aesthetic still triggers recognition, though.)

edited August 2021

Same scene in Iray.

Mangatest Iray.png
    800 x 800 - 877K
    Post edited by Gordig on

Minor Disagreement

"Alright, she's only throwing the everyday plates; I might be able to salvage this."

Gordig said: 

"Alright, she's only throwing the everyday plates; I might be able to salvage this."

B-but... those are the heaviest and most deadly if they hit between the eyes! crying

He's just making some calculations for when the plates stop flying. He'd be more worried if she were throwing fancier flatware.

I've been playing a LOT of Shadowrun lately, so that's what's been keeping me from rendering all these weeks. On the plus side, it's also given me a new source of inspiration for renders. I put way too much time into modeling the deck that the elf is using for it to be barely visible, and yet I also cut a lot of corners on it, especially when it came to texturing it. Maybe I'll finish it up and release it at some point. In the meantime...

Sideways

I'm not familiar with Shadowrun, but I love the sense of action going on here. It looks like the big guy's about to get hit in the hip or leg by fire from that crabby droid, and that makes me weirdly worried about him.

What is the elf doing? Is he hacking the servers behind them? Trying to shut down something? (Again, I have no idea what happens in that game.)

The elf is decking: she's jacked into the Matrix to retrieve the information they were sent to acquire, while the rest of the team is keeping her safe until she's out.

The Drop

More Shadowrun. I went to a lot of trouble to give the heroine a cybereye, and you can't really see it in the render.

Self Extraction

...this could have gone better.

edited October 2021

All this work was just to create a photo that will be in a much simpler render.

Geeked_comp.png
    2400 x 1500 - 5M
    Post edited by Gordig on