Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Steve K said:
    Mystarra said:

thinkin something like this to intro a galactic empire or alien city life.  i feel like i know 1980s detroit

Very cool, reminds me of the great series "The Wire" set in Baltimore.  Also, I saw the music credit for Harold Faltermeyer, who wrote one of the best synth songs ever, "Axel F", also for "Beverly Hills Cop":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2gvHjNhQ0

heartheartheart  the axl theme

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194
    Mystarra said:
    Steve K said:
    Mystarra said:

thinkin something like this to intro a galactic empire or alien city life.  i feel like i know 1980s detroit

Very cool, reminds me of the great series "The Wire" set in Baltimore.  Also, I saw the music credit for Harold Faltermeyer, who wrote one of the best synth songs ever, "Axel F", also for "Beverly Hills Cop":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2gvHjNhQ0

heartheartheart  the axl theme

Those scenes showing a bunch of synths are evidently based on the true story: "Faltermeyer recorded the song using five instruments: a Roland Jupiter-8 provided the distinctive 'supersaw' lead sound, a Moog modular synthesizer 15 provided the bass, a Roland JX-3P provided chord stab brasses, a Yamaha DX7 was used for cowbell and marimba sounds and a LinnDrum was used for drum programming."  The DX7 in particular is interesting, the first digital synth, and one which I have ... somewhere.  "With its digital display, complex menus, and lack of conventional controls, few [like maybe two] learned to program the DX7 in depth. However, its preset sounds became staples of 1980s pop music ... "  I recall just trying to change a setting for any of the presets, and generally got ... no sound at all.  cool

edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:
    Steve K said:
    Mystarra said:

Woops, double post, sorry ...

Post edited by Steve K on

where to put the dragon cam?

has a small group of were dragon damsels escaping with a baby, guess this where story board comes in handy.
    is off script.

edited November 2019

Not a show, but still an inspiration to do a train animation: "The Union Pacific Big Boy is a type of simple articulated 4-8-8-4 steam locomotive manufactured by the American Locomotive Company between 1941 and 1944 and operated by the Union Pacific Railroad in revenue service until 1959 ... Eight Big Boys survive, most on static display at museums across the country. One of them, No. 4014, was re-acquired by Union Pacific and restored to operating condition in 2019, regaining the title as the largest and most powerful operating steam locomotive in the world."   It made a stop here in Houston a few days ago.

I can't get my images to show up ... I check "Attach A file", then "Choose Image", then it shows "Uploading" up to 100%, then "Waiting For DAZ" then "Uploading", but never shows the image as being uploaded.  ?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited November 2019
    Steve K said:

Not a show, but still an inspiration to do a train animation: "The Union Pacific Big Boy is a type of simple articulated 4-8-8-4 steam locomotive manufactured by the American Locomotive Company between 1941 and 1944 and operated by the Union Pacific Railroad in revenue service until 1959 ... Eight Big Boys survive, most on static display at museums across the country. One of them, No. 4014, was re-acquired by Union Pacific and restored to operating condition in 2019, regaining the title as the largest and most powerful operating steam locomotive in the world."   It made a stop here in Houston a few days ago.

I can't get my images to show up ... I check "Attach A file", then "Choose Image", then it shows "Uploading" up to 100%, then "Waiting For DAZ" then "Uploading", but never shows the image as being uploaded.  ?

If you are on iPad Safari is broken with this forum for image upload

grab Firefox from the app store instead

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

watching a marathon of andromeda episodes

Trance has bigget character arc

Rahde lookin so good in season 5, hormones flowing like sparklers

edited November 2019
    Steve K said:

If you are on iPad Safari is broken with this forum for image upload

grab Firefox from the app store instead

I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows laptop, tried again, same problem.  So I give up on my photos, here are better ones anyway from the Houston Chronicle:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houstonians-take-in-one-more-chance-to-see-steam-14821799.php#photo-18582522

is kewl looking the way the step into formation.

watched 20 episodes last weekend. never tired of looking at Rhade  lolkiss

Steve K said:

. never tired of looking at Rhade  lolkiss

I'm guessing he takes his shirt off sometimes?  wink

I haven't see the show, but it reminds me of "Firefly", which I liked a lot.  Cancelled way too early, as even Sheldon (from "Big Bang theory") noted.

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:

. never tired of looking at Rhade  lolkiss

I'm guessing he takes his shirt off sometimes?  wink

I haven't see the show, but it reminds me of "Firefly", which I liked a lot.  Cancelled way too early, as even Sheldon (from "Big Bang theory") noted.

i remember that episode,  Sheldon calling to complain  lol

andromeda got much better in Season 5.  the muh gogg story line was getting old.  season 5 they stranded in the seefer system.  Dillan's story makes an arc.

Rhade, shirtless man pecs ***Swooon***

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Dark Shadows - original series!

edited November 2019

i remember the dark shadow remake.  they killed it by making it impossible to suspend belief

Andromeda, have to keep watching in case Rhade takes his shirt off  >.<
    Becka's character arc taken an unexpected turn.

Tiir hasnt shown up for a cameo, only vague memory od season 1-4

i think i saw the higj guard lance on babylon 5 episodes. the guy with black monk robes had 1, mebbe the same prop.

i think i could rig a high guard lance. smiley

Post edited by Mistara on
    Mystarra said:
    Steve K said:
    Steve K said:

Rhade, shirtless man pecs ***Swooon***

I'm currently watching several seasons of "Justified", starring Timothy Olyphant.  I was talking to my (female) barber about it, and she said she *really* liked it.  I joked that that was because Mr. Olyphant takes off his shirt a lot.  She said, "Well, yeah!"  Seriously, its a very good show, Olyphant and way more great actors, plus excellent writing and production.  (I do think Mr. Olyphant was even better in "Deadwood", an alltime fave)

Diomede said:

Dark Shadows - original series!

Yup, going way back ... and 7.9/10 at IMDB.  Not bad for a half century old TV show.

lady gaga is very weird.

think i like this tho

• This plays in my head walking to and from the shops

especially the pure evil looks the gopher riders give you as you step off the footpath to let them pass, the look of pure entitlement as they puff their cigarettes 

This plays in my head walking to and from the shops

especially the pure evil looks the gopher riders give you as you step off the footpath to let them pass, the look of pure entitlement as they puff their cigarettes 

jimheart light my fye-a

• meanwhile a 3DSMax user posted this that popped up in my recommendations 

I open Carrara, I load a tree .....

meanwhile a 3DSMax user posted this that popped up in my recommendations 

I open Carrara, I load a tree .....

Stunning, especially the changing weather/lighting.  

tee hee hee

Bruuuce, brroose

baby shreks heart

• now I wish I had grabbed Ms Hedgehog 

ribbits smiley

• Funny, powerful and epic. The kind of stuff I love. (watch after the credits too ;))
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820

now I wish I had grabbed Ms Hedgehog 

lol ... laugh

now I wish I had grabbed Ms Hedgehog 

Great stuff.  A flash mob opera in the wilds. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

Disney + is rich with stuff for this category. Wow!

But on the day that Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker appears in theaters, so to does The Witcher on Netflix! With shows like this, I don't think Netflix has anything to worry about from Disney +. Sure, the latter got over 10 million subscribers on the first day (! Whew!) but Netflix has been creating their own properties that are just plain amazing to watch. After getting Disney+, I was in awe of all of the great stuff I can pick and choose from. After a bit, one tends to realize how much of this stuff one already owns after buying Disney over so many years as a parent. There's still an amazing amount of cool new stuff though... so it's entirely worth the small charge.

Disney's Imagineering is an incredible documentary adventure series through the magic behind what has made Disney so magical right from the start, and I think it will continue with how the magic continues to thrive. Really great thing to watch so far as the first one begins with Walt's struggle to get the whole thing working from the beginning - but not at a less-than-interesting pace... they really grab your interest and retain it from start to finish. Great series so far!

Star Wars - The Mandalorian is really cool so far, Ewan McGregor returns as Obi Wan next year in his own series: "Kenobi", and my favorite Clone Wars is (finally) getting its final season too! Looking forward!

Marvel catalog is awesome! They even have the old prime time X-Men cartoons! I have those on DVD, but it's great to be able to stream them anywhere, and ChromeCast them from my phone! :)

Right... Netflix... The Witcher. Oh I am So Looking Forward to This!

Check out this cool interview!

Oh, I So Love this Sh!t!

Killer Concept!