35th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge. The theme is ~#~ "Abstract" ~#~

Comments

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ Dan: Cool HDRI. Very nice metal effect. I like it.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,262

Dan - not quite sure what "tramsoarrency" means - maybe transparency? Whatever, excellent result, pulls one into the scene.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,148

Dan Whiteside - very nice render, reminds me of bubbly chocolates, so cool laugh

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Dan Whiteside: cool metallic/organic mix. Reminds me of the "Fantastic Voyage".

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@dan whiteside.... Probe is really great and I agree... I think of Fantastic Voyage as well

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Hi,

s.b. told me about this cool Bryce contest and so I decided to drop by.

Some of you might possibly remember me from 3DCommune. Or later from R'osity, where I stopped posting some years ago due to various reasons.

Abstract images made with Bryce always attract my attention.There are some very cool and interesting entries in this thread! From nested reflections to surreal to just bizarre. -- It's amazing *what* one can do with Bryce. I really love it for this incredible versatility!

Although I have not posted images on the Web over years, I never abandoned my Bryce. I still use it to make "Bryce untypical" abstract images, aka my "Hubisms". (Kudos to a certain "ex-3DCommunist" for this teasing label.)  ;)

I decided to post some of my abstract Bryce images here. -- Though not as part of this contest, because I do not participate in online contests.

Till later
    Hubert

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Dan Whiteside : great image, wonderful effect.

Hubert - Welcome smiley I look forward to seeing your Abstracts, a lover of abstracts myself. One suggestion don't post it in this thread as it may confuse who sets up the voting, start a new one just for your abstracts, we would love to see them, or any other Bryce related renders yes

edited May 2019

Hi Mermaid,

no problem. 

Hint: I did just upload one of my more recent Bryce4(**) images to the Gallery here. (Simply some booleaned Bryce primitives inside a Shiny Sphere™ and all rendered as panorama.)

NAE  https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/787861

Cheers to Spheres
    Hubert

(**) Yep, really Bryce4. -- Although I have all Bryce versions (from v2 to v7.0 Pro)...... I still prefer to work and render my scenes in Bryce4. ;)

Post edited by hubert on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    hubert said:

Hi Mermaid,

no problem. 

Hint: I did just upload one of my more recent Bryce4(**) images to the Gallery here. (Simply some booleaned Bryce primitives inside a Shiny Sphere™ and all rendered as panorama.)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/787861

Cheers to Spheres
    Hubert

(**) Yep, really Bryce4. -- Although I have all Bryce versions (from v2 to v7.0 Pro)...... I still prefer to work and render my scenes in Bryce4. ;)

I still like Bryce 5      But use both 5 and 7.

BTW   this is not so much a Cotest as a Challenge.    And you can always post images here  on the theme   and   Add NAE     which means  Not An Entry

Welcome Hubert. Bryce 4 is far behind 7.1 but objects with volumetric materials within objects with volumetric material still works. This broke already with Bryce 6.0 I think. I have all versions from 4 to 7.1 installed but mostly use 7.1. However, the result of the artwork counts, not the tool used.

@ Chohole: Thanks for the hint about NAE. Good to know!

@ Horo: Abstract results are often amazing and make it hard to believe that they were created with Bryce.  --  I too have all the newer Bryce versions installed here. Whereas Bryce4 is my favorite tool (even lacking some of the newer version's features) and I have still not reached its limits. Its DTE is very fascinating. Also Volumetric Mats, when e.g. using bitmaps (from previous abstract Bryce images) therein. I'll post according samples, soon. 

@ all: If interested, you can download several of my abstract Bryce workfiles (as BR4, though tested in Bryce v5 to v7) in my R'osity Freestuffhttps://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=1706

PS: Please tell me, if posting this external link is not acceptable here.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Henryhor, Horo, adbc, mermaid, mtnmen, Dan Whiteside: Thanks very much.

@Dan: wonderful Probe. There is indeed something very organic in this one. Like a particle in the bloodstream or so.

Hubert: welcome! Hope to see some great abstracts from you.

Salut Hubert

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2019

Been away for awhile, but WOW...I wasn't amazed at the entries, but shocked. Sorry that I haven't commented on all, but here's my firsty...called 'Perspective Reflective'.

Jay

PerspectiveReflective.jpg
    1200 x 574 - 957K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

hubert said:

@ all: If interested, you can download several of my abstract Bryce workfiles (as BR4, though tested in Bryce v5 to v7) in my R'osity Freestuffhttps://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=1706

PS: Please tell me, if posting this external link is not acceptable here.

Thanks Hubert for sharing your files, yes

edited May 2019

Jay - hard to comment on your entry ... truly amazing, superb, love the glassy painterly effect

Post edited by mermaid010 on

@@ Jamahoney: Fantastic POV and I like also that vivid crisp coloring. I could actually imagine it as the inside cover of some mid 70s LP.

@@ mermaid: Always am glad to share such fun. -- Though, beware of possible addiction, esp. if immersing deep into the Bryce DTE!   :)

edited May 2019

Cheers, Mermaid... love the effervescent feel to your 'Folds and Ribbons' . As to the glassy effect, I love that pitted metal texture in Bryce.

Thanks, Hubert...I must have tried a dozen POVs, and so settled on the one shown - also with the FOV set at 180. Yes, too, on the 70s LP cover...and as I tend to like/use psychodelic colours, I suppose it's apt wink

Jay

Jay - cool, not only the colours. POV and FOV settings are excellent.

edited May 2019

As always, Horo, deepest respect for your comments...I suppose there might be some calibration process between POV v FOV, so the dozen-or-so experimental 'side-of-things' may have paid off.

Love your EM (Electron Microscope) effect. Year's, back, I once had access to an EM, and they are simply incredible...when 'live'.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Fantastic work, Jay. Love the colours and the POV.

edited May 2019

Cheers, Hansmar...and phew, your work...'The road to abstract'...gives us a view as to your abstractual, conceptual mind.yes

Jay

hubert said:

@@ mermaid: Always am glad to share such fun. -- Though, beware of possible addiction, esp. if immersing deep into the Bryce DTE!   :)

Already addicted laugh

Jamahoney said:

Cheers, Mermaid...and, yeah, I love that pitted metal texture in Bryce.

Jay

preset or one of yours...??

edited May 2019

Thanks, Mermaid, the 'Pitted' metal preset can be found in the Materials 'M' (for any object) on the 'Metals' texture, choose its 'Common' option, and so then from there use its 'Shiny Pitted' (third-in) texture.

Jay

@ Jamahoney: looks like a good trip

HaHe, Henryhor...on the 'trip' reference devil...and your 'Deus ex machina' work is just 'out there' (perhaps, some 'tripping' involved, too cheeky).

Jay

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Jamahoney : superb entry, love the colours !

Hubert : thanks for the free stuff.