Warg HD for Dog 8 (Commercial)

2»

Comments

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thanks for sharing!!

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 445

Thank you Eboshijaana, You did a great job on the LAMH preset.  I just changed the length of the hairs and trimmed the feet a little bit. I uploaded my versions just in case someone finds them useful, let me know if this is OK

Absolutely ok!

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited May 2019

A very quick experiment comparing the free "LAMH preset for Warg" Eboshijaana shared (left) with the default mesh body hair that comes with "Warg HD for Daz Dog 8" (right). No post work

Now I just need to figure out how to create something like this with the new strand based hair in the latest DAZ Studio Beta. ;)

Warg01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 236K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2019

A quick experiment with the new Strand Based Hair in the DAZ Studio 4.11 beta playing around with "Warg HD for Daz Dog 8". 

wargStrand01.jpg
    960 x 576 - 348K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,553

I really need to see if I can figure out how to get the LAMH stuff to work. It has always been a challenge for me but looks cool. And thanks again Eboshijaana

I really need to see if I can figure out how to get the LAMH stuff to work. It has always been a challenge for me but looks cool. And thanks again Eboshijaana

Eboshijaana did a great job on the LAMH preset.  I also trimmed it a little and posted different length presets in this thread. But my latest experiment just used Eboshijaana's default preset.

There are a lot of great tips on how to use LAMH at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14818/look-at-my-hair-lamh-official-thread-update-1-6-0-1-released. I recently posted some of the things I learned by making every mistake I could with LAMH ;)

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,553

Thank you :)

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 445

This is the best I've gotten in the new hair creator/shader thingy; https://imgur.com/2SIQ46v

There are a lot of ups and downs between it and LAMH. While LAMH creates a sort of colour texture you can plop onto any shader, SBH (strand Based Hair) is more complicated. Therefore, trying to do a marking/diffise accurate fur is hard. While LAMH doesn't allow you to pose once it is applied, it isn't as heavy on the machine as rendering SBH.

SBH also lacks a mirrored mode in its styling editor and you can't really do realibly scraggly hair in it like in LAMH. The density is also a rather big problem, as the higher the density, the less variation the fur has, unlike in LAMH. So my 60000 hairs in LAMH would not work in SBH. 

However, SBH is luckily being still developed (unlike LAMH) so there is hope we get better features.

edited June 2019

This is the best I've gotten in the new hair creator/shader thingy; https://imgur.com/2SIQ46v

There are a lot of ups and downs between it and LAMH. While LAMH creates a sort of colour texture you can plop onto any shader, SBH (strand Based Hair) is more complicated. Therefore, trying to do a marking/diffise accurate fur is hard. While LAMH doesn't allow you to pose once it is applied, it isn't as heavy on the machine as rendering SBH.

SBH also lacks a mirrored mode in its styling editor and you can't really do realibly scraggly hair in it like in LAMH. The density is also a rather big problem, as the higher the density, the less variation the fur has, unlike in LAMH. So my 60000 hairs in LAMH would not work in SBH. 

However, SBH is luckily being still developed (unlike LAMH) so there is hope we get better features.

Love what you did with the new strand based hair, it looks much better than what I was able to create. 

It inspired me to attempt another experiment with "Warg HD for Daz Dog 8" trying to create a German Shepherd. I also explored layering different fur coats to create a more natural effect. In this experiment, I used information from the Wikipedia entry on fur to create a Down hair, Awn hair and Guard hair set of hairs, each with different hair style settings and densities. This allowed me to use a lot fewer hairs than my previous experiments and thus it requires fewer resources.  

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

I love the Warg, I bought it soon after Daz Dog 8 but I have been unable to give it any fur, no matter what I try:

There does no seem to be any Readme file included in the download, and the two tips included are of not much help either.

Tip Fur Overlay 1 says: Select overlay and choose color

Which of the overlays included? The one called "Fur Overlay" under Hair/Body? Or one of the called "Warg Fur overlay" under Materials/Iray/Hair/Hair Colors? Loading the "Fur Overlay", then selecting in the Scene and then loading the "Warg Fur Overlay Black" does nothing. Choosing the "Fur Overlay" and then "Warg Fur Overlay Black" with the Warg figure selected for both steps makes the Warg become invisible.

Tip Fur Overlay 2 says: Load fur overlay first

This simply makes no sense to me at all.

What am I doing wrong? Could someone give me a step by step guide how to make a Warg with, say, black fur, for absolute dummies, please? I am a total loss here, and it is quite frustrating.sad

• Hello watchdog79, Here is the basic walkthrough to get a Warg with hair.

Go to your library > Animals > Daz Dog 8 > Breeds and load the Warg.

That should bring in the Dog with the Warg shape applied and the fibremesh fur added.

To make a black one you make sure the Warg is selected, go to materials, load Warg Body Black. And then go to Fur and load All Warg Fur Black.

The fur overlay is for use to change the appearance of the fur slightly but you must load the figure Fur Overlay that is in the main Warg folder first. Only then will you do anything with the Fur overlays.

Please let me know if that solves your process. And thanks

Hello watchdog79, Here is the basic walkthrough to get a Warg with hair.

Go to your library > Animals > Daz Dog 8 > Breeds and load the Warg.

That should bring in the Dog with the Warg shape applied and the fibremesh fur added.

To make a black one you make sure the Warg is selected, go to materials, load Warg Body Black. And then go to Fur and load All Warg Fur Black.

The fur overlay is for use to change the appearance of the fur slightly but you must load the figure Fur Overlay that is in the main Warg folder first. Only then will you do anything with the Fur overlays.

Please let me know if that solves your process. And thanks

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am now in the middle of rendering the same scene with Daz Dog 8. I am going to try what you said when it is done. Probably in an hour or so.

• If you have OSO Pooka, you can also give it dforce fir by throwing the hair of it onto the warg.

@GhostofMacbeth - thank you again, it worked. Now comes the tedious and time consuming part of posing and setting the right light for the scene.smiley

• Cool, I am glad it worked. Good luck with the posing and lighting. That can always be a challenge. I buy poses because that is one area that I can't do at ALL.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558

ragtatter said:

The hair on the warg seems to be "whiting out" on me, no matter how I try to fix the settings. Any suggestions on settings I can fiddle with to get the hair looking like the art in the promos instead of being so pale (or pink, in the case of the "rust" texture)?

This is how it's looking for me using the default textures. The trio image has, from back to front, white, black, and grey. The warg laying down is how the "rust" one looks. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought this Warg dog and I am having this same issue. The hair is just white no matter what I try. I have tried just not appying any lights to trying a wide variety of different lights but the fur/hair parts just render white. What can I do to get the hair to render as it should? Any guidance or ligting suggestions would be appreciated. Thank  you in Advance.

• Real quick render with the default lights. Seems to be fine. 

Warg.png
    896 x 1344 - 1M
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 558

OK thanks