Warg HD for Dog 8 (Commercial)

GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549
edited February 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So, these guys have arrived at Daz. I hope everyone likes them. Warg HD for Dog 8. It should provide a bit of a new shape to the fuzz.

https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

Warg-HD-for-Daz-Dog-8-main-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1004K
Warg-HD-for-Daz-Dog-8-18-daz3d.jpg
1600 x 1000 - 1M
Warg-HD-for-Daz-Dog-8-14-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by GhostofMacbeth on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704

Looks similar to a Wolf.

• Yes, it is originally from fantasy novels and they are large, evil wolves. They are also used in a lot of games, etc.

• I couldn't wait to get home and download this fella. I very much love the form...looks very dominant and powerful and I love the hair. I'll be getting a lot of use out of him soon. Really terrific work, sir.
  • Bought.

Excellent work.

More please. :)

S.K.

• TercelTercel Posts: 100

Bought.

Excellent work.

More please. :)

S.K.

My sentiments exactly . . .fastest purchase I ever made here. 

• Been waiting for this since Dog8 came out!

How is the Warg in the expression department? The basic ones work fine?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

LOVE this!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549
    edited February 2019

Thank you all.

From what I saw all of the basic expressions for totally fine. I didn't create any additional ones and I don't think there are any extra sets out there but they should be good.

The morph mixes into other breeds pretty well, also. And you can dial back stuff to have a more conventional wolf.

Thanks again all

Post edited by GhostofMacbeth on
  • Looks great GOM! smiley

• ragtatterragtatter Posts: 20
    edited February 2019

The hair on the warg seems to be "whiting out" on me, no matter how I try to fix the settings. Any suggestions on settings I can fiddle with to get the hair looking like the art in the promos instead of being so pale (or pink, in the case of the "rust" texture)?

This is how it's looking for me using the default textures. The trio image has, from back to front, white, black, and grey. The warg laying down is how the "rust" one looks. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

WargTest.png
    1000 x 603 - 867K
    WargTest2.png
    1000 x 603 - 702K
    Post edited by ragtatter on
  • Hey there Ragtatter, I am not sure what your lights are but I tried it with a wide variety. It seems that the ones you are using are fairly bright and hot. Some highlights are intended for natural variation but yours are definitely more than intended. Can you let me know what lights you have and I will see if I can help. It isn't light dependant at all but it does pick up shine. Thank you

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

I love it! I mixed it with the French Bulldog, but I used a hair shader to get the fur to better match the coat.

• Yeah, the hair shaders can really help the matches to other breeds. I have to admit I am no shader expert.

• Here is a LAMHed render of the rusty material;

https://i.imgur.com/TZ13adx.png

• Nice LAMH version. I never could get it to work that great for me but I am glad you did.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

This looks great, I’m love anything wolves.  I hope this doesn’t come off as rude, I don’t know much about the fantasy creature it’s based on :/ but,  I don’t exactly see the sinister/evil look of the wolf lol, once I get it I’ll have to try what you said and dial the morph said and see if I make sense of the difference lol

• It is still a naturalistic view rather than a cartoonish view. It is more gaunt, higher and more pronounced cheekbones, etc. But, at the core, the whole thing is just a big wolf. I have always liked wolves and I didn't like the ones that were in the Lord of the Rings movies so I made my own.

• Nice LAMH version. I never could get it to work that great for me but I am glad you did.

LAMH takes time to really master and some careful planning on your work order to the image. Trying to get a good fluffy tail alone can be a hassle.

On the plus side, DazDog8 means that you literally can coast by with just one LAMH preset. Hence why Warg here is so good.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I love this one, can't pick it up yet but will once I am able too :) I do have a question though... in some of the products (poses and some props) there is a fit for what is called Wolf for Daz Dog 8. Is that meant to be your Warg or is that something else entirely? (there's also a husky for dog 8 and german shephard for dog 8 fit, neither of which we have seen yet, and I know that the wolf I have from AM does not work with those poses or products, so it can't be fit for those :) )

• Carola O said:

I love this one, can't pick it up yet but will once I am able too :) I do have a question though... in some of the products (poses and some props) there is a fit for what is called Wolf for Daz Dog 8. Is that meant to be your Warg or is that something else entirely? (there's also a husky for dog 8 and german shephard for dog 8 fit, neither of which we have seen yet, and I know that the wolf I have from AM does not work with those poses or products, so it can't be fit for those :) )

The wolf/GSD/husky will be from DazOriginals account, so it is a different thing from the Warg.

• I "think" it is going off sale soon. I always feel it is good to let people know.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961
    edited February 2019

I got this right when it came out, then got side-tracked and didn't render anything with it today other than testing. Though it also feels like it came out more than 15 days ago smiley. I like his looks. And I appreciate the scaling options you included, nice to have the presets handy to remember them later.

Warg Walking

Click for larger version.

warg_walking_20190219.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444
    edited February 2019

I did a LAMH preset just for Warg. Enjoy!

EDIT: Just adding.

Hair quantity for Shave Group 1(body): 500000
    For Group 2 (tail): 40000

winterscene.png
    1500 x 1500 - 5M
    zip
    zip
    warglamh.zip
    2M
    Post edited by Eboshijaana on
  • Cool. Thanks so much Eboshijaana. And I am glad you like the set AlmightyQuest

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Thank you very much! 3DL user here, and LAMH presets are very welcome.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited February 2019

I did a LAMH preset just for Warg. Enjoy!

Thank you Eboshijaana for sharing your LAMH preset with us

I could resist playing with it on a few DAZ Dog 8 breeds.  I also tried modifying it a little bit to create a short, medium and long hair version.

wargLAMH01.jpg
    960 x 768 - 187K
    zip
    zip
    warglamh02.zip
    7M
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Nice version of short, medium, and long.  Care to share?

• thanks so much for sharing!~

• I did a LAMH preset just for Warg. Enjoy!

Thank you Eboshijaana for sharing your LAMH preset with us

I could resist playing with it on a few DAZ Dog 8 breeds.  I also tried modifying it a little bit to create a short, medium and long hair version.

I'm glad you could do so much with it. I love the daschund there, you really nailed the long fur.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited February 2019

Nice version of short, medium, and long.  Care to share?

Thank you, I just changed the length of the hairs and trimmed the feet a little bit. Eboshijaana did such a great job on the original, but I uploaded my versions just in case someone finds them useful. ;)

I'm glad you could do so much with it. I love the daschund there, you really nailed the long fur.

Thank you Eboshijaana, You did a great job on the LAMH preset.  I just changed the length of the hairs and trimmed the feet a little bit. I uploaded my versions just in case someone finds them useful, let me know if this is OK

Post edited by Joepingleton on